• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Besides this forum, what social media do you actively participate in?

Which social media do you actively participate in?

• Facebook

• Twitter

• Instagram

• Snapchat

• TikTok

• Pinterest

• Discord

• Twitch

• LinkedIn

• Something else

Results are only viewable after voting.
Social media are designed for socializing. I'm not here to socialize, per se.

They are simply places where people can share their ideas and social network. Just like Twitter and Facebook, you can talk pretty much about anything you want with others here.

I don’t use Twitter to socialize. It’s the main hub for all things political and current events.

I have two discords I participate in. One is me and my mates. The other is for a video game (elder scrolls series).

I also am in an IRC channel with people I have known for over 20 years.

I lurk in reddit, but only ever tend to post when giving out technical support.

Basically, none, although I will ask/answer a question on Quora on rare occasions.

Ha-ha.........I just visited that site and ran into some of your posts.
I was surprised and disappointed to find that your last name isn't actually "Strangler".
I'm very disillusioned........I don't believe in nuthin' no more.
Come on over, we have cookies.
A few years back a lot of Ranters decided that they hated the anonymizing, but that's ebbed away some.
But I just chose to go ahead and stick with my name.
I'm way to easy to find to even try to be anonymous.

Years ago I got into a legal fight with BMI and the British BPI over mechanical copyrights and I wrote them both nasty notes under my pseudonym. Imagine my surprise when my attorney phoned up and read me the riot act, asking if I wanted to grenade my case.
BMI and the BPI both knew who I was instantly, and it wasn't the content of my note, because I left out anything specifically about MY copyrights.
I did WIN...decisively, but I learned that I'm easy to find and not in the least anonymous.
My illusion of anonymity coupled with my big fat yapper almost made me lose the case!

If you want to be a Ranter you can use your handle if you like.

I have two discords I participate in. One is me and my mates. The other is for a video game (elder scrolls series).

I also am in an IRC channel with people I have known for over 20 years.

I lurk in reddit, but only ever tend to post when giving out technical support.

IRC still exists?????

FAINTTHUD.jpg

They are simply places where people can share their ideas and social network. Just like Twitter and Facebook, you can talk pretty much about anything you want with others here.

I don’t use Twitter to socialize. It’s the main hub for all things political and current events.

I started out on Twitter just promoting the Leon Russell DVD that I sell, but I soon created another personal account.
If this Musk the King of all Edgelord thing goes through I suspect it will end up destroying Twitter as a rational choice for promoting media, that's for sure.
I have zero desire to promote my media products to Breitbarters.

I started out on Twitter just promoting the Leon Russell DVD that I sell, but I soon created another personal account.
If this Musk the King of all Edgelord thing goes through I suspect it will end up destroying Twitter as a rational choice for promoting media, that's for sure.
I have zero desire to promote my media products to Breitbarters.

You think all or most lefties will leave Twitter?

You think all or most lefties will leave Twitter?

I couldn't tell you.
I can tell you this however...
I seriously doubt any serious person will want to remain, knowing that Elon the over-leveraged clown now says he's going to make money off tweets but not so much from advertising. His words, not mine.

How does that work?
I dunno --- maybe "You can tweet, follow and react to UP TO TEN of your friends or followers with your FREE Twitter subscription, up to 100 friends and followers for $29.95/month and UNLIMITED for ---- I dunno....79.95 a month? $99.95 a month?"

Good God, spare me. :rolleyes:

I won't "pay for tweets" and I won't stay when it's limited to some stupid arbitrary number like ten or even twenty.
I can email twenty people, and I belong to another forum right now that only really has about twenty or thirty active members at the moment.

I couldn't tell you.
I seriously doubt any serious person will want to remain, knowing that Elon the over-leveraged clown now says he's going to make money off tweets but not so much from advertising. His words, not mine.

How does that work?
I dunno --- maybe "You can tweet, follow and react to UP TO TEN of your friends or followers with your FREE Twitter subscription, up to 100 friends and followers for $29.95/month and UNLIMITED for ---- I dunno....79.95 a month? $99.95 a month?"

I won't "pay for tweets" and I won't stay when it's limited to some stupid arbitrary number like ten or even twenty.
I can email twenty people, and I belong to another forum right now that only really has about twenty or thirty active members at the moment.

He talked about how to make money from tweets that contain important information or go viral, not just everyday tweets about a political topic or tv show.

If he tries to make people pay to tweet (which I don’t think will happen), the company will tank.

He talked about how to make money from tweets that contain important information or go viral, not just everyday tweets about a political topic or tv show.

If he tries to make people pay to tweet (which I don’t think will happen), the company will tank.
Again, his words, not mine.
He wants to do subscriptions.
Since I am not the Elon Whisperer you will need to go to his acct and see what he means by it.
But I do know that right now investors are freaking out because his obsession with owning Twitter is already tanking his stock value.

Again, his words, not mine.
He wants to do subscriptions.
Since I am not the Elon Whisperer you will need to go to his acct and see what he means by it.
But I do know that right now investors are freaking out because his obsession with owning Twitter is already tanking his stock value.

Twitter has had a subscription part of the company for a year, pretty sure.

"Actively participate in" --- you have an account, you post or repost your thoughts/opinions/news, you upload content, you watch/read or create content.

In the comments --- which of these do you sometimes view/read/watch, etc. but you don't have an account and don't comment?
Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and I also participate on Nextdoor.

I participated actively on Hannity from 2007 to 2019 until the Mods there VIOLATED MY FREE SPEECH and banned me for a thousand years just because, essentially, I had the temerity to ask a Mod why they could insult Members with nasty digs about their mental health but Members were not allowed to even call each other stupid without being banned?

Go figure?

Twitter has had a subscription part of the company for a year, pretty sure.

Oh yes, Twitter Blue. You're right.
But it is optional and your regular Twitter account is unlimited.
One tweet I made last night got something like 700 likes and a hundred retweets.
It sounds as if that kind of reach OR more might begin to cost under the Musk regime where Twitter Blue is the DEFAULT instead of the luxury option.

Oh yes, Twitter Blue. You're right.
But it is optional and your regular Twitter account is unlimited.
One tweet I made last night got something like 700 likes and a hundred retweets.
It sounds as if that kind of reach OR more might begin to cost under the Musk regime where Twitter Blue is the DEFAULT instead of the luxury option.

Those numbers aren’t anywhere near going viral so I think you’re good. Besides, it doesn’t sound like the AUTHOR of the viral post would pay anything.

A mandatory subscription for everyone wouldn’t be a good decision, IMO.

Last edited:
I couldn't tell you.

How does that work?

Haha, yeah, **** that. On Facebook you have to pay for your posts to have greater reach. And once you do pay, how do you know what that reach is? You don't! LULZ!

Something else = other forums.

Highest votes for Facebook reveals the age demographic of this site.

"Actively participate in" --- you have an account, you post or repost your thoughts/opinions/news, you upload content, you watch/read or create content.

In the comments --- which of these do you sometimes view/read/watch, etc. but you don't have an account and don't comment?
I don’t have an account or use, never have used any of those you posted. I never realized DP was a social media platform. Live and learn. I do belong to another political site, a couple of military type forums if they count.

Nada. Life's too short.

Back
Top Bottom