• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bernstein: Trump’s ‘lies’ are all about Russia

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/425103-bernstein-trumps-lies-are-all-about-russia

Veteran journalist Carl Bernstein said Sunday that most of President Trump's "lies" are "about Russia."

Bernstein said on CNN's "Reliable Sources" that he has spoken with lawyers of defendants in special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation who believe Trump "has been lying at every turn about his relationship with Russia."
==============================================
Follow the money, follow the lies. They are all about Russia, according to Bernstein.

Anyone not in a coma cannot be surprised......

There's a shocker. I don't think Trump is capable of understanding what deep **** he's in. If his base ever develops a conscience that is.

Carl Bernstein, the John Oates of Watergate fame, needs to put some facts on the table before anything he says is to be believed.

Carl Bernstein, the John Oates of Watergate fame, needs to put some facts on the table before anything he says is to be believed.

You wouldn't believe them even if he were to lay out the case in detail from start to finish.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/425103-bernstein-trumps-lies-are-all-about-russia

Veteran journalist Carl Bernstein said Sunday that most of President Trump's "lies" are "about Russia."

Bernstein said on CNN's "Reliable Sources" that he has spoken with lawyers of defendants in special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation who believe Trump "has been lying at every turn about his relationship with Russia."
Follow the money, follow the lies. They are all about Russia, according to Bernstein.

Unless Bernstein has data to back up his B.S. I call Carl the liar on this one. He reminds me of an aging rock star living off his hits from the 60's.

More like all Bernstien's lies are about Trump.

I have to disagree. Most of his lies are him talking.. it's just a lot of them are about Russia. I find it hard to find statements of Trump where what he says approaches the truth.

You wouldn't believe them even if he were to lay out the case in detail from start to finish.

Not true. Bernstein is accusing Trump of lying about Russia. The least he could do is lay out some details as to what one or two of those lies were. He could easily say, without divulging sources, that he is convinced Trump lied when he said _______.

You mean follow the fake news, follow the lies...
Bernstein: Trump has helped Putin ‘destabilize the US’
Do you really delude yourself into believing that the U.S. has been "destabilized"?

Please... :lol:

Bernstein added on Sunday that he has spoken with lawyers of defendants in Mueller's probe who think Trump "has been lying at every turn about his relationship with Russia."
What are these lawyers names? Notice how they are not named

Bernstein needs a reality check and so does anyone who believes his unsourced conspiracy baloney.

Last edited:

We have more than enough facts in the public record. That you claim to need "even more" facts is absurd.

There is no evidence, that there is a reasonable threshold of evidence that would change your mind on the matter.

Not true.

Oh yes it is. Recent examples of your refusing to even consider the truth:

Theres 'idiocy' here alright. And you just introduced it. Maybe you should take your Collusion Trutherism to the CT forum.

In what way would say this country has been 'destabilized?'

You can ask all the questions you want, but Mueller has indicted exactly no one in the Trump orbit with any crime pertaining to Russia and the 2016 election. If you have questions, submit them to Mueller.

You should have stayed with this:

I like Trump. I like that he says whats on his mind. I like that he doesn't huddle with handlers and wordsmiths before he opens his mouth. But he would make a horrible president. I love that he fights back, but he fights like a 5 year old. He should post here for a while. This is an excellent place to learn to defend yourself and hurl insults that hit the target and fly beneath the Mods radar lol.

So...Bernstein talks to lawyers of defendants in Mueller's investigation.

Who are these lawyers? Who are the defendants? What were the defendants charged with? Were they convicted? Were their charges dismissed?

Why should anyone care what those lawyers think about Trump? Hell, why should anyone care what Bernstein thinks about Trump?

Dismissed.

We have more than enough facts in the public record. That you claim to need "even more" facts is absurd.

There is no evidence, that there is a reasonable threshold of evidence that would change your mind on the matter.

My point was that Berstein claims to have talked to lawyers representing people interviewed by Mueller who claim Trump is lying about Russia. Ok, fine. Lied about what, specifically? He could put a little meat on the bones of that accusation without exposing his sources. If hes not going to do that, there is really no story here.

Oh yes it is. Recent examples of your refusing to even consider the truth:

You should have stayed with this:

Im flattered that you follow me so closely :kissy: And thats some of my best recent work, but what Bernstein did is exactly the type of crap that leads me to defend Trump. Berstein makes an accusation then doesnt back it up in any way. We are just simply supposed to believe him because he is John Oates...er...Carl Bernstein. . That may be good enough for you, but its not good enough for me. I would give his claim a bit more credibility if he were to say "I have credible sources that lead me to believe Trump lied when he said _____. That would be helpful, no?

Post hoc fallacy. Anyone can spot that a mile away.

Im flattered that you follow me so closely

Don't put yourself on a pedestal. I got all that via a simple search. But nice try!

And thats some of my best recent work, but what Bernstein did is exactly the type of crap that leads me to defend Trump. Berstein makes an accusation then doesnt back it up in any way. We are just simply supposed to believe him because he is John Oates...er...Carl Bernstein. . That may be good enough for you, but its not good enough for me. I would give his claim a bit more credibility if he were to say "I have credible sources that lead me to believe Trump lied when he said _____. That would be helpful, no?

Again we are back to what exactly it would take to convince you. From what I've seen, if you were a fly on the wall when tRump was having a private conversation with Putin telling him god-knows-what, and then magically, tRump makes no record of that meeting, but as a loyal follower of tRump, you would find a way to excuse it and criticize the people who pointed out the glaring problem.

Im flattered that you follow me so closely :kissy: And thats some of my best recent work, but what Bernstein did is exactly the type of crap that leads me to defend Trump. Berstein makes an accusation then doesnt back it up in any way. We are just simply supposed to believe him because he is John Oates...er...Carl Bernstein. . That may be good enough for you, but its not good enough for me. I would give his claim a bit more credibility if he were to say "I have credible sources that lead me to believe Trump lied when he said _____. That would be helpful, no?

Bernstein is just recycling his own rhetoric.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/22/media/reliable-sources-10-21-18/index.html

Don't put yourself on a pedestal. I got all that via a simple search. But nice try!

Again we are back to what exactly it would take to convince you. From what I've seen, if you were a fly on the wall when tRump was having a private conversation with Putin telling him god-knows-what, and then magically, tRump makes no record of that meeting, but as a loyal follower of tRump, you would find a way to excuse it and criticize the people who pointed out the glaring problem.

You completely ignored my response so is there any reason I should respond to yours?

You completely ignored my response so is there any reason I should respond to yours?

And here comes the projection. Right on schedule. :thumbs:

Deflection squad!!!

Perhaps you should look up words with more than three letters before you use them. Start with the word 'deflection.'

Perhaps we should talk about the topic, rather than you doing your crapdance all over Bernstein.

The stench of fear is rising in the trump cult...

Perhaps you should look up words with more than three letters before you use them. Start with the word 'deflection.'

More projection from you.

It's okay. It sucks to have a president who is in such a losing position. I should know--I voted for Bush in 2000.

Back
Top Bottom