• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bernstein: Trump’s ‘lies’ are all about Russia

Wait...how's that? Do you mean the post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy?

Yes. I'm pretty sure it fits. Either way, his logic is specious at best. He's only looking for things that confirm his bias and viewed through a filter which always sees bias.

Bernstein: Trump’s ‘lies’ are all about Russia

now that just isn't fair. a lot of the big lies might be about Russia, but he also lies about everything else, as well.

Yes. I'm pretty sure it fits. Either way, his logic is specious at best. He's only looking for things that confirm his bias and viewed through a filter which always sees bias.

I don't see how post hoc ergo propter hoc applies. I don't see any claim about temporal priority alone implying causation. Anyway, everyone has a point of view; you'd have to explain how his (Bernstein's? Or JacksinPA's?) reasoning is specious.

Perhaps we should talk about the topic, rather than you doing your crapdance all over Bernstein.

The stench of fear is rising in the trump cult...

Bernstein IS the topic. :roll:

More projection from you.

It's okay. It sucks to have a president who is in such a losing position. I should know--I voted for Bush in 2000.

When beefie is done with the dictionary, borrow it from him.

now that just isn't fair. a lot of the big lies might be about Russia, but he also lies about everything else, as well.

So the value of Bernsteins comments are exactly zero then arent they.

Carl Bernstein, the John Oates of Watergate fame, needs to put some facts on the table before anything he says is to be believed.

If Trump taped himself autographing a tape of him confessing, you'd say the confession and autographs only exist because Mueller was off-screen aiming a gun at Trump.

If Trump taped himself autographing a tape of him confessing, you'd say the confession and autographs only exist because Mueller was off-screen aiming a gun at Trump.

Gosh thats clever. What I would really like to see is someone like Bernstein who accused the president of lying about Russia to back it up with at least something. Is that too much to ask?

Bernstein's a communist. Of course he's going to lie.

Gosh thats clever. What I would really like to see is someone like Bernstein who accused the president of lying about Russia to back it up with at least something. Is that too much to ask?

Clever? No, definitely not.

But it was a prediction made with a high degree of confidence after mentally reviewing any exchanges I've seen you have with other people or that I have suffered through with you. Twist and turn, lie/deny/deflect, anything and everything to make the subject not be the bad thing the person on the right just did but instead hey what's that on your liberal face?

Ok, fair enough, that's not all the time. Plenty of the time it's hey look at that squirrel!

Here's the interesting bit. Seeing as Bernstein isn't a source but is instead making an argument based on recorded fact, any alleged bias you can cough up amounts to no more than a reason to read it with a grain of salt. But you should be reading everything with a grain of salt. An argument does not become wrong because of the source that made it.

Last edited:
Clever? No, definitely not.

But it was a prediction made with a high degree of confidence after mentally reviewing any exchanges I've seen you have with other people or that I have suffered through with you. Twist and turn, lie/deny/deflect, anything and everything to make the subject not be the bad thing the person on the right just did but instead hey what's that on your liberal face?
Well, as is so often the case, you would be wrong. If there is evidence that Trump did something illegal during the 2016 election with regard to Russia, I wont defend him. Maybe you havent noticed, but there has been zero evidence that he has. In the absence of evidence liberals, like you, have called Trump everything from a traitor to a puppet of Putin.
If it bothers you that you dont get to come on here and say anything you want without being called out, well, too bad.

Here's the interesting bit. Seeing as Bernstein isn't a source but is instead making an argument based on recorded fact, any alleged bias you can cough up amounts to no more than to read it with a grain of salt. But you should be reading everything with a grain of salt. An argument does not become wrong because of the source that made it.
That may be true, but the problem here is that Bernstein his lending his credibility to the story. Bernstein claims to have interviewed people who claim Trump has lied about Russia. Then offers zero clarification or support. You dont find that unfair? Take Trump out of it. Would you find it unfair if someone did it to you? Just so you know, I have talked to a number of clients represented by your firm who have said you are a liar. Of course I cant reveal my sources and what they told me was in confidence so I cant go into detail, but thats what they told me. What would you think of that? Probably about what I think of Bernstein.

Back
Top Bottom