• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bernstein: More Republicans beginning to believe Trump 'unfit to be the president'

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brie...publicans-beginning-to-believe-trump-unfit-to

Watergate reporter Carl Bernstein said Sunday that Republicans are coming to a "much greater consensus" that President Trump is unfit to be president following the resignation of Defense Secretary James Mattis.

Bernstein, appearing on CNN's "Reliable Sources," said there is concern that Trump is "unfit on psychological grounds" as well as unfit "because of his contempt for the law" and because of his "conduct of foreign policy."
===============================================
I have a lot of respect for Carl Bernstein & his opinion. I also happen to agree with him.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brie...publicans-beginning-to-believe-trump-unfit-to

Watergate reporter Carl Bernstein said Sunday that Republicans are coming to a "much greater consensus" that President Trump is unfit to be president following the resignation of Defense Secretary James Mattis.

Bernstein, appearing on CNN's "Reliable Sources," said there is concern that Trump is "unfit on psychological grounds" as well as unfit "because of his contempt for the law" and because of his "conduct of foreign policy."
I have a lot of respect for Carl Bernstein & his opinion. I also happen to agree with him.

I will wait for a more reputable source that R CongressCritters are starting to publicly turn on Trump....but dont forget that they have always hated Trump, only their fear of the voters has kept them from running his unauthorized ass out of town on a rail.

More republicans?

Bernstein has always had issues with Trump.

I will wait for a more reputable source that R CongressCritters are starting to publicly turn on Trump....but dont forget that they have always hated Trump, only their fear of the voters has kept them from running his unauthorized ass out of town on a rail.

Just listen to the president's idiotic rants, absolutely stupid decisions, and the rats leaving the ship. If you pay attention you don't need a source.

Good God man use the brain the good Lord gave you.

Just listen to the president's idiotic rants, absolutely stupid decisions, and the rats leaving the ship. If you pay attention you don't need a source.

Good God man use the brain the good Lord gave you.

I am putting a lifetime of pretty decent education and an amazing curiosity and tenacity to work here Sir...and save your lectures about how I suck.

You are being rude.

I am putting a lifetime of pretty decent education and an amazing curiosity and tenacity to work here Sir

giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

translation: more Republicans are testing the waters on sharing with the public what they've known for several years privately.

I am putting a lifetime of pretty decent education and an amazing curiosity and tenacity to work here Sir...and save your lectures about how I suck.

You are being rude.

So you're one of those perpetual students (lifetime)? Well that explains a lot. :lamo

I didn't say you suck. I said to use the brain the good Lord gave you. That is actually saying you have the capacity not to suck if you choose to do so.

When will Republican politicians turn on Trump? When he gets less than 50% approval rating amongst those who call themselves Republicans.

(never)

Bernstein: More Republicans beginning to believe Trump 'unfit to be the president'

that has been obvious for years now, but i doubt it.

Carl Bernstein's talents were about as critical to the Watergate investigation as Andrew Ridgeley's were to the success of Wham!

While you are sitting in your little dream world without a care in the world, those that we have entrusted to protect us are very worried. There expertise is beyond reproach and when they are worried we all should be. Our President is off the rails and is threatening our national security. His withdrawal from Syria and lifting of sanctions on a Russian oligarch are contrary to our policies that for 75 years have kept us safe from our adversaries.

He doesn't deserve your respect, but you give it at your own intellectual peril.

Most of us do you know? That does not make us liars or fools. Quite the opposite.

Being what you are doesn't make you and liar, or a fool. It's usually the actions such people take, that do all of the proving for them.

Carl Bernstein's talents were about as critical to the Watergate investigation as Andrew Ridgeley's were to the success of Wham!
Damn. Nice line! :thumbs:

When Fox News says Trump is unfit for political office, then you'll know it's over.

I am not surprised that party establishment types are turning on Trump first. I just wonder if the GOP base will ever actually turn on him.

While you are sitting in your little dream world without a care in the world, those that we have entrusted to protect us are very worried. There expertise is beyond reproach and when they are worried we all should be. Our President is off the rails and is threatening our national security. His withdrawal from Syria and lifting of sanctions on a Russian oligarch are contrary to our policies that for 75 years have kept us safe from our adversaries.

Telling me that people who I say generally suck are worried gets you no where...I do no subcontract out my calls in life, most certainly not to people who tend to be incompetent and immoral,,,,as our FAILED INTELLIGENTSIA! have proven to be.

I have however said that we should all be worried, as the West is failing and the NEW CHINESE EMPIRE is coming to clean our clocks.

Please attempt to follow along.

There is nothing new here.

BTW: The fact that I live an apparently charmed life is the fruit of living life right.

I can do that because I got educated and I pursued the good.

I make no apologies for being good.

Last edited:
When Fox News says Trump is unfit for political office, then you'll know it's over.

Oh...is this the "beginning of the end"...again? Or is this the end of the beginning?

Me? I think it's the same old blather from libs and Trump haters.

Back
Top Bottom