• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bernstein: More Republicans beginning to believe Trump 'unfit to be the president'

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brie...publicans-beginning-to-believe-trump-unfit-to

Watergate reporter Carl Bernstein said Sunday that Republicans are coming to a "much greater consensus" that President Trump is unfit to be president following the resignation of Defense Secretary James Mattis.

Bernstein, appearing on CNN's "Reliable Sources," said there is concern that Trump is "unfit on psychological grounds" as well as unfit "because of his contempt for the law" and because of his "conduct of foreign policy."
===============================================
I have a lot of respect for Carl Bernstein & his opinion. I also happen to agree with him.

Bob Woodward was always the CONSERVATIVE of the duo, and Woodward already signed off on the "unfit to serve" status long ago, so it is no surprise that Bernstein is on board, and if anything the only surprise is that he didn't join in with Bob a lot sooner.

I will wait for a more reputable source that R CongressCritters are starting to publicly turn on Trump....but dont forget that they have always hated Trump, only their fear of the voters has kept them from running his unauthorized ass out of town on a rail.

It doesn't get more reputable than BOTH Woodward AND Bernstein.
WaPo put the two of them together specifically because they didn't want to endure accusations of this being some leftist conspiracy. Bob Woodward is and always has been a conservative, and it was Bernstein who was the liberal counterpart. So when the two of them are on the same page, it is difficult to attack the credibility of a story, and the record shows that the two of them have been at loggerheads in the recent past, like when Woodward went on the offensive against Obama, for instance. Bob showed up at Fox News on a regular basis but Carl Bernstein was not in agreement with him.

It's not just Carl Bernstein, it's both of them, from polar opposite ends of the spectrum. Once again, they are simpatico because the both of them recognize familiar patterns of corruption and criminality.

And you, claiming to be so Zen, ought to recognize all of this.
You could be better. In fact, BE BEST.

It doesn't get more reputable than BOTH Woodward AND Bernstein.
WaPo put the two of them together specifically because they didn't want to endure accusations of this being some leftist conspiracy. Bob Woodward is and always has been a conservative, and it was Bernstein who was the liberal counterpart. So when the two of them are on the same page, it is difficult to attack the credibility of a story, and the record shows that the two of them have been at loggerheads in the recent past, like when Woodward went on the offensive against Obama, for instance. Bob showed up at Fox News on a regular basis but Carl Bernstein was not in agreement with him.

It's not just Carl Bernstein, it's both of them, from polar opposite ends of the spectrum. Once again, they are simpatico because the both of them recognize familiar patterns of corruption and criminality.

And you, claiming to be so Zen, ought to recognize all of this.
You could be better. In fact, BE BEST.

I make a different call, and you need to respect that.

Your insults are a real shame, I have always been nice towards you.

More republicans?

Bernstein has always had issues with Trump.

Perhaps but he is joined by his conservative counterpart, Bob Woodward, who signed onto the "unfit for office" train a long time ago.

Woodward illustrates how the dread in Trump’s orbit became all-encompassing over the course of Trump’s first year in office, leaving some staff members and Cabinet members confounded by the president’s lack of understanding about how government functions and his inability and unwillingness to learn.

I make a different call, and you need to respect that.

Your insults are a real shame, I have always been nice towards you.

No, you haven't, but I just don't give a damn if you are or aren't. And those aren't insults anyway.
You prattle endlessly about your Zen powers of truth telling and deduction, and then you make statements which reveal an abject paucity of the very thing you claim to possess.

You impugn the credibility of two established experts on the subject of corruption in high office, two dissimilar men who are polar opposites and who have never made a misstep in reporting impartial and accurate facts on a story, saying you're waiting for "a more reputable source".

Who?
Alex Jones? Jerome Corsi? Michael Savage? Hannity? Rush Limbaugh? Milo Yiannopolous? The drunk guy down the street?

No, you haven't, but I just don't give a damn if you are or aren't. And those aren't insults anyway.
You prattle endlessly about your Zen powers of truth telling and deduction, and then you make statements which reveal an abject paucity of the very thing you claim to possess.

You impugn the credibility of two established experts on the subject of corruption in high office, two dissimilar men who are polar opposites and who have never made a misstep in reporting impartial and accurate facts on a story, saying you're waiting for "a more reputable source".

Who?
Alex Jones? Jerome Corsi? Michael Savage? Hannity? Rush Limbaugh? Milo Yiannopolous? The drunk guy down the street?

Probably one of the most articulate responses I've ever seen. Totally wasted on the recipient :( Sad.

Who?

Come and get me if you think you can....but I warn you, you will need more than sleaze and innuendo.

When will Republican politicians turn on Trump? When he gets less than 50% approval rating amongst those who call themselves Republicans.

(never)

Ummm, don't be so sure. Once he starts seriously impacting the tenure of elected GOP, the call will come down from Mt. Olympus and the proles will be told to fall in line. The talking points will be revised and the tone of the echo chamber will turn.
Fox News is already beginning to crumble as it stands right now.

Carl Bernstein's talents were about as critical to the Watergate investigation as Andrew Ridgeley's were to the success of Wham!

The fact that you have not explored Woodward's thoughts are duly noted.

When Fox News says Trump is unfit for political office, then you'll know it's over.

Fox has been testing the waters. There was a time, not too recently, when even voicing thoughts ABOUT testing the waters was unthinkable at Fox.

Come and get me if you think you can....but I warn you, you will need more than sleaze and innuendo.

What does that even mean?
Are you even interested in giving any examples of "more reputable sources" or are you too busy harping on my so called lack of loyalty to Mount Hawkeye?
Where on Earth do you source this nonsense?

Wait, don't tell me, I don't think I even want to know.
So, which is it? Is it Alex Jones?

Has "Q" given you any of his wisdom on the subject yet?

What does that even mean?
Are you even interested in giving any examples of "more reputable sources" or are you too busy harping on my so called lack of loyalty to Mount Hawkeye?
Where on Earth do you source this nonsense?

Wait, don't tell me, I don't think I even want to know.
So, which is it? Is it Alex Jones?

Has "Q" given you any of his wisdom on the subject yet?

You really should consider getting over your melt-down that I dont have any use for two guys you believe in and trust.

We free people all get to decide for ourselves what we care about and who we listen to and what we think is right.

Go sell your obsession with conformity down the street as I am not buying.

If you decide you want to talk and commit to behaving come find me.

Otherwise I have better things to do.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brie...publicans-beginning-to-believe-trump-unfit-to

Watergate reporter Carl Bernstein said Sunday that Republicans are coming to a "much greater consensus" that President Trump is unfit to be president following the resignation of Defense Secretary James Mattis.

Bernstein, appearing on CNN's "Reliable Sources," said there is concern that Trump is "unfit on psychological grounds" as well as unfit "because of his contempt for the law" and because of his "conduct of foreign policy."
I have a lot of respect for Carl Bernstein & his opinion. I also happen to agree with him.

Have you heard Bernstein rail about president Trump? He hated him while he ran for office. They are back for a while on the 25th amendment. It's nothing but CNN Bull crap.
They will lie and do anything to get rid of president Trump!

Oh...is this the "beginning of the end"...again? Or is this the end of the beginning?

Me? I think it's the same old blather from libs and Trump haters.

It's the return of the center.

The broad and sensible political-cultural center. Civilized society.

To preserve the Constitution which we will further improve once the smoke clears. That's the blue smoke conservatives have been pumping into their chamber full of mirrors. After that is when we become better than ever.

It's the return of the center.

The broad and sensible political-cultural center. Civilized society.

To preserve the Constitution which we will further improve once the smoke clears. That's the blue smoke conservatives have been pumping into their chamber full of mirrors. After that is when we become better than ever.

Oh...yeah...another forum member told me about that...I think it went something like this:

th.jpg

What's changed? Trump will always have fights with the neoconservative wing of the GOP. Trump will always have fights with the Never-Trumper wing of the GOP. Trump will always have fights with the 'do what the military wants to do' wing of the GOP.

For example, those three factions of the GOP hate Trump and think they can be vocal once the 'heat is on Trump'. BTW, the GOP isn't like the dem party where everyone is homogenous.

Oh...yeah...another forum member told me about that...I think it went something like this:

View attachment 67246619

This comes from a poster whose avatar has the Santa and reindeer shilouette against the whole of the planet, coasting along in the vacuum of merry space. Norad is on the case however as Trump will be finding out.

7407e6127040c65cd5a63e091e3e3488.jpg

More republicans?

Bernstein has always had issues with Trump.

For good reasons he’s had issues with Trump, but that is beside the point. First and foremost, Bernstein is a reporter, one of the best.

Perhaps but he is joined by his conservative counterpart, Bob Woodward, who signed onto the "unfit for office" train a long time ago.

Using their own verdicts, a similarly strong argument can be made that Obama was unfit for office. Though given all the idiocy jumbled around in the Whitehouse for nearly two decades now, almost all of the presidents of the time were viable candidates for such judgment.

I'm just going to wait and see if this attempt to dismount Trump fails like the last several dozen times and when they start to name specific events. We're going to see the same old guard pop up like usual that will point out when his predecessors did the same and these same detractors remained willfully silent on the matter.

This game has gotten old.

Back
Top Bottom