• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bernie Supporters --- what are you going to do?

What will you do?

• Total voters

Josie

*probably reading smut*
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Bernie supporters only in this poll, please. It's public.

Now that Bernie Sanders has pledged to support Hillary Clinton, will you vote for her or do something else?

Abstaining from the poll per the OP's request. But it is going to be interesting to see how closely the results here mirror the fact that barring any major changes, about 90% of Bernie supporters will support Hillary. My speculation is that the percentage here at DP will be much lower.

(Note: See post #4.)

Last edited:
That's not actually what the story at your link says.

Ah, true, that's if it were a binary choice. Lemme go see what I can find when Johnson and Stein are factored in...

Now that Bernie Sanders has pledged to support Hillary Clinton, will you vote for her or do something else?

I'm not gonna vote for Hillary Clinton. I'm gonna be voting for Jill Stein, but I might change my mind and vote for Gary Johnson.

I'm not gonna vote for Hillary Clinton. I'm gonna be voting for Jill Stein, but I might change my mind and vote for Gary Johnson.

Do you turn 18 before the November election? If so, happy early birthday. Turning 18 is a very big deal.

I'll likely vote Hilary.

Sadly, I see it as: "The devil known vs the devil unkbown"

I'm not happy at all about it, and oddly feel a little apologetic. No idea why I should feel guilt here, but for some reason I do.

I don't love Bernie, but would prefer him greatly over Hillary. I can list a number of republicans that I'd pick over Hillary. But with that said, Hillary is worlds better to Trump. If I lived in a swing state, it would be hillary. Since I live in louisiana, I'm voting libertarian just as an FU vote to the two party system.

Sorry, I voted in your poll before I saw your stipulation. I said they wouldn't vote - I'm assuming they're people of principle and will sit on their hands, for the most part, similar to the way Republicans have when the nominee isn't to their liking. Young people, for the most part, are Bernie supporters - they aren't likely to go out of their way to vote when their guy was treated badly and isn't on the ballot.

That's not actually what the story at your link says.

Hmm, can't find anything just yet. But I will say this: Bernie-or-Busters are not progressives.

Being a progressive is a matter of action, not belief. You can have virtually perfectly liberal beliefs and not be a progressive.

Bernie-or-Busters are not progressives. Sarah Silverman was right to call them out.

Hmm, can't find anything just yet. But I will say this: Bernie-or-Busters are not progressives.

Being a progressive is a matter of action, not belief. You can have virtually perfectly liberal beliefs and not be a progressive.

Bernie-or-Busters are not progressives. Sarah Silverman was right to call them out.

What are they, then?

What are they, then?

Traitors.

I have more respect for a mainstream Republican voter who has no idea what the hell to do this November, than a self-professed progressive who feels entitled to sit out the election and have potentially the first dictator in the history of the United States. The choice for president is binary--period.

Thank God you are not in a swing state being the next president will appoint 3 SCOTUS justices and thus remake the courts quite possibly for the rest of our lives. If someone is a progressive and lives in a swing state and doesn't vote for Hillary, frankly they are a flipping idiot in light of that.

I don't see how it matters if they're "progressives" or not, any more than it matters if Trump voters are "conservatives" or not, as the NeverTrump faction says they aren't (and the Trump voters say the NeverTrumpers aren't). It only matters how they're going to vote.

Traitors.

I have more respect for a mainstream Republican voter who has no idea what the hell to do this November, than a self-professed progressive who feels entitled to sit out the election and have potentially the first dictator in the history of the United States. The choice for president is binary--period.

Do you know why they don't want Hillary?

I don't see how it matters if they're "progressives" or not, any more than it matters if Trump voters are "conservatives" or not, as the NeverTrump faction says they aren't (and the Trump voters say the NeverTrumpers aren't). It only matters how they're going to vote.

You raise some good points here. To tell the truth, the terms "progressive" and "conservative" have been so thoroughly hijacked this election cycle that their meanings seem to be diluted.

Back
Top Bottom