• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Bernie Sanders Speech

Vox

Voice and Wisdom of God
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Et tu, Bernie?

Well, I saw his supporters crying last night.

Those tears said that they were going to obey his orders and not disrupt that convention into smoking ruins......as they intended and SHOULD have done.

Can anything more happen now?

I doubt it. Bernie birthed a revolution and then smashed its head against a rock.

A democratic platform that says no TPP
A platform that Assures all but the highest income students access to public universities tuition free
A platform committed to overturning citizens United
A platform that raises the minimum wage to become a living wage

Bernie extracted his pound of flesh

He spoke like the proud Bolshevik he is.

Sounded more like a campaign speech than an endorsement of Hillary.

A platform that Assures all but the highest income students access to public universities tuition free

Did he?

Will any of those things actually get done if the existing Oligarchy goes on with business as usual?

Lacking the revolution......nothing changes......and Bernie killed the revolution.

So now we get Trump.

That's it, exactly.

He cut his deal with her, and perhaps he believed it to be a good one. Regardless, the die has been cast and he has to hold his end of the bargain.

But perhaps now as we're in the convention it doesn't seem like a good deal anymore, especially post Wikileaks. I honestly wonder if he had a legit shot of taking over the convention? And what ruins and cost would there be if he failed? Or even succeeded. It likely would have been ruinous. Unfortunately, we'll never know.

But there are more than a few Bernie Babies who would've liked to roll the dice - and let the pieces fall where they may (I'm one)!

And now we've lost that moment in history ...

Lol. That's all meaningless as long as Hillary Clinton is president. Those empty promises are guaranteed to remain empty, because they directly conflict with her donors' interests.

Lol. That's all meaningless as long as Hillary Clinton is president. Those empty promises are guaranteed to remain empty, because they directly conflict with her donors' interests.
Harsh, but true. Not bad for a new guy! :2razz:

I'm a big Bernie fan. Have been for many years. I trust him because he's proven himself a trustworthy man. I'm not going to start not trusting him now just because some GOP sheep are trying to divide and conquer.

Back
Top Bottom