• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bernie Sanders Should Team With Jill Stein and Run Green Party Instead of Endorsing H

Abbazorkzog

Zapatista Libertarian
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Bernie Sanders Should Team With Jill Stein and Run Green Party Instead of Endorsing Hillary Clinton

Admit it, you want 3 Parties.

Re: Bernie Sanders Should Team With Jill Stein and Run Green Party Instead of Endorsi

Bernie Sanders Should Team With Jill Stein and Run Green Party Instead of Endorsing Hillary Clinton

Maybe he should, but he's not.

Re: Bernie Sanders Should Team With Jill Stein and Run Green Party Instead of Endorsi

You want Sanders to lose twice in one year?

Yes, I would.

Hell, let's go all out Parliamentarian! (Ooops, forgot about the Constitution).

But the deal here is: If he couldn't win the Dem nomination, what makes you think he'd do any better in the general electorate with the Greens?

Yes, I would.

Hell, let's go all out Parliamentarian! (Ooops, forgot about the Constitution).

But the deal here is: If he couldn't win the Dem nomination, what makes you think he'd do any better in the general electorate with the Greens?

I do think he would do better because the general election is open. More people would participate and most people are NOT happy with the choice the two main parties have given us.

That said, I don't know if he would pull enough liberals and independents to win. The risk of a Trump presidency would be much higher and while I might be willing to roll those dice, I doubt Bernie is.

I don't see a Trump presidency as being any worse than a Clinton one. Voting one's conscience should be easy.

I don't see a Trump presidency as being any worse than a Clinton one. Voting one's conscience should be easy.

You need glasses

I do think he would do better because the general election is open. More people would participate and most people are NOT happy with the choice the two main parties have given us.

That said, I don't know if he would pull enough liberals and independents to win. The risk of a Trump presidency would be much higher and while I might be willing to roll those dice, I doubt Bernie is.

This isn't about what Bernie wants, it is about what the people want, as the first bolded segment indicates.

Jesus ****ing Christ, a third-party and a slight departure from the Status Quo does not warrant this rabid flailing about like a toddler.

All signs should point you in the direction of....
Bernie is weak and a party schlub.

Jesus ****ing Christ, a third-party and a slight departure from the Status Quo does not warrant this rabid flailing about like a toddler.

The Green Party is just a more liberal Democratic Party that focuses on environmental issues.

Given the choice between the Democratic Party and Green Party candidates, I am choosing to vote for the party that both closely represents my veiws and can actually win the majority of votes.

So I am voting for the democratic nominee. I respect the green parties position, but it has to win on its own merits.

This isn't about what Bernie wants, it is about what the people want, as the first bolded segment indicates.

And what about the voters who voted for Clinton? Are they not part of the discussion?

The Green Party is just a more liberal Democratic Party that focuses on environmental issues.

Given the choice between the Democratic Party and Green Party candidates, I am choosing to vote for the party that both closely represents my veiws and can actually win the majority of votes.

So I am voting for the democratic nominee. I respect the green parties position, but it has to win on its own merits.

Maybe Bernie will see tha light and realize that the leverage he has with Democrats is fleeting and a third party bid would, in the worst case, provide a stronger platform for 2020. We've had more than enough of the same two sides on our political coinage.

It won't win on "its own merits", you seriously think its just a coincidence that the most hawkish candidate (out of 20) is the presumptive successor to Obama?

Eisenhower tried to warn us.

This is not a sustainable trajectory for this country and this planet.

I will not contribute to said trajectory, whether its "throwing away" my vote or not.

At least in the end I can say I had no part in it.

A clean conscience is more important to me than my candidate winning an election.

Last edited:

Maybe Bernie will see tha light and realize that the leverage he has with Democrats is fleeting and a thire party bid would, in the worst case, provide a stronger platform for 2020. We
ve had more than enough of the same two sides on our political coinage.

Bernie would become a pariah within the Democratic Party. If the democrats regain control of the senate, Bernie may find himself without allies.

It won't win on "its own merits", you seriously think its just a coincidence that the most hawkish candidate (out of 20) is the presumptive successor to Obama?

Eisenhower tried to warn us.

This is not a sustainable trajectory for this country and this planet.

The Green Party could try and prove that it can win local elections. Or at least get a prominent democrat or republican politician to defect.

Not that party.

I'd be fine with either of the major third-parties becoming more popular via a well-known name bringing it into the limelight. He doesn't have to run Green but its his best chance.

I'd be fine with either of the major third-parties becoming more popular via a well-known name bringing it into the limelight. He doesn't have to run Green but its his best chance.

If it has the best chance, then third parties are doomed. A bunch of idiot tree huggers are not what we need.

I'll admit it. I wouldn't mind see more than three. But our election laws are written by Republicans and Democrats as a mutual protection act. They write our election laws to ensure no viable third party arises. Then there is the money aspect. Republicans and Democrats receive millions, tens of million from corporations, Wall Street firms, lobbyists, special interests, mega money donors. Both parties hearts and soul have been bought. They owe those who feed them, the money givers, so much so they put their interests ahead of supposedly the people they are suppose to represent.

Voters are no more than an necessary evil to them. What the people think and want, takes a seat behind what the moneyed folks want. After all, most people can only give them their vote. The moneyed folks from Wall Street and the rest can give them hard cash.

Our system is a monopoly, a monopoly that neither party is willing to give up. A monopoly that gave us Trump and Clinton. Never mind a month or two ago, a poll was out stating 61% of all Americans wanted the Republicans to nominate someone else than Trump, 54% wanted the Democrats to nominate someone besides Clinton. So what did the two parties do, they told the majority of Americans to stick it where the sun don't shine. They gave us who they wanted, not whom the American people wanted.

Yes, bring on a 3rd and 4th party if possible. I'll work hard for it or their success. But as long as money is the number one driving force in our politics, I am afraid it won't happen. Corporations, Wall Street Firms, Lobbyists, Special interests, and the mega money elite will not let it happen. That is unless we wise up and use our vote to make changes, but way too many of us are will to let the moneyed folks have their way and run this country behind the faces of Republicans and Democrats.

Last edited:

I'll admit it. I wouldn't mind see more than three. But our election laws are written by Republicans and Democrats as a mutual protection act. They write our elections to ensure no viable third party arises. Then there is the money aspect. Republicans and Democrats receive millions, tens of million from corporations, Wall Street firms, lobbyists, special interests, mega money donors. Both parties hearts and soul have been bought. They owe those who feed them, the money givers, so much so they put their interests ahead of supposedly the people they are suppose to represent.

Voters are no more than an necessary evil to them. What the people think and want, takes a seat behind what the moneyed folks want. After all, most people can only give them their vote. The moneyed folks from Wall Street and the rest can give them hard cash.

Our system is a monopoly, a monopoly that neither party is willing to give up. A monopoly that gave us Trump and Clinton. Never mind a month or two ago, a poll was out stating 61% of all Americans wanted the Republicans to nominate someone else than Trump, 54% wanted the Democrats to nominate someone besides Clinton. So what did the two parties do, they told the majority of Americans to stick it where the sun don't shine. They gave us who they wanted, not whom the American people wanted.

Yes, bring on a 3rd and 4th party if possible. I'll work hard for its or their success. But as long as money is the number one driving force in our politics, I am afraid it won't happen.

People voted for Hilliary Clinton. People voted for Donald Trump.

Are these people not part of the american people?

I'll admit it. I wouldn't mind see more than three. But our election laws are written by Republicans and Democrats as a mutual protection act. They write our election laws to ensure no viable third party arises. Then there is the money aspect. Republicans and Democrats receive millions, tens of million from corporations, Wall Street firms, lobbyists, special interests, mega money donors. Both parties hearts and soul have been bought. They owe those who feed them, the money givers, so much so they put their interests ahead of supposedly the people they are suppose to represent.

Yes, bring on a 3rd and 4th party if possible. I'll work hard for it or their success. But as long as money is the number one driving force in our politics, I am afraid it won't happen. Corporations, Wall Street Firms, Lobbyists, Special interests, and the mega money elite will not let it happen. That is unless we wise up and use our vote to make changes, but way too many of us are will to let the moneyed folks have their way and run this country behind the faces of Republicans and Democrats.

But everything else in your post proves that the highlighted section is impossible.

So if we can't change anything with votes, how do we change it? I can think of a few ways but I want to hear it from you, since you are one of the awoken few who can actually see what the **** is going on.

Also, since you are doing a better job of explaining it than I (the thread title is merely (what I THOUGHT to be) the most appealing solution to the average American - the Partisans) I feel like your presence here can at the very least aid in the awakening of the majority of the people on DP (who are very much NOT awoken)...

People voted for Hilliary Clinton. People voted for Donald Trump.

Are these people not part of the american people?

morpheus-you-have-to-understand-most-people-are-not-ready-to-be-unplugged-and-many-of-them-are-so-inured-so-hopelessly-dependent-on-the-system-that-they-will-fight-to-protect-it.jpg

Back
Top Bottom