• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bernie Sanders Should Team With Jill Stein and Run Green Party Instead of Endorsing H

Re: Bernie Sanders Should Team With Jill Stein and Run Green Party Instead of Endorsi

Did I not read two days ago that Bernie has agreed to drop out and support Hillary, WED of this week I think it is?

Woulda/Shoulda/Coulda gets vaporized by what is.

I am so confused.

:unsure13:

Re: Bernie Sanders Should Team With Jill Stein and Run Green Party Instead of Endorsi

morpheus-you-have-to-understand-most-people-are-not-ready-to-be-unplugged-and-many-of-them-are-so-inured-so-hopelessly-dependent-on-the-system-that-they-will-fight-to-protect-it.jpg

People are capable of free will aren't they?? I chose to vote Hilliary Clinton in California's democratic primary.

People are capable of free will aren't they?? I chose to vote Hilliary Clinton in California's democratic primary.

There's a difference between freely voting for someone and being brainwashed by a corporate-run establishment into thinking you're freely voting for someone with your best-interests in mind.
Hillary is only running for President to protect herself from Bill and his gang of psychos (or so she thinks).

People voted for Hilliary Clinton. People voted for Donald Trump.

Are these people not part of the american people?

According to Gallup, the Republican base makes up 27% of the electorate. Trump won the nomination one could say by receiving 40% of that 27%. Clinton on the other hand received 60% of the Democratic Primary vote, the Democrats again according to Gallup makes up 31% of the total electorate. So in reality 10.8% of the people decided Trump would be the Republican nominee, Clinton did better, 18.6% decided she should be the Democratic nominee.

But what of the 41% of Americans who are independents? Because they don't belong to either party, they have no say. Perhaps parties that give us Trump and Clinton is the reason independents keep growing and those who affiliate with the two major parties keep shrinking. Back in 1976 82% of all Americans identified with the two major parties. Today, that number is down to 58%. The two major parties by continuing to move left and right are constantly leaving the majority of Americans without a political home.

I imagine giving the choices these two major parties of our gave us, they will shrink even more in the future. Being they owe their heart and soul to the moneyed folks, that is probably a good thing.

According to Gallup, the Republican base makes up 27% of the electorate. Trump won the nomination one could say by receiving 40% of that 27%. Clinton on the other hand received 60% of the Democratic Primary vote, the Democrats again according to Gallup makes up 31% of the total electorate. So in reality 10.8% of the people decided Trump would be the Republican nominee, Clinton did better, 18.6% decided she should be the Democratic nominee.

But what of the 41% of Americans who are independents? Because they don't belong to either party, they have no say. Perhaps parties that give us Trump and Clinton is the reason independents keep growing and those who affiliate with the two major parties keep shrinking. Back in 1976 82% of all Americans identified with the two major parties. Today, that number is down to 58%. The two major parties by continuing to move left and right are constantly leaving the majority of Americans without a political home.

I imagine giving the choices these two major parties of our gave us, they will shrink even more in the future. Being they owe their heart and soul to the moneyed folks, that is probably a good thing.

Oh man I started to get so excited when I saw the first few words of your first sentence. Oh man I get giddy when someone actually posts the statistics (the REAL statistics) regarding voting bloc size.

So, since Hillary Clinton (Candidate of the War Machine, a $2 BILLION global empire, and the GLOBAL ELITE) is undoubtedly going to be the next President, 18.6% of the ENTIRE UNITED STATES has decided the election before it is EVEN OVER, I think its safe to say that those of use refusing to vote are on the CORRECT side of history.

Chevy Chase was on the plane with Bill Clinton. So was a former president of Brazil. The founders of Google. A former president of Mexico. And John Cusack.

They were all going to Davos, the Swiss resort that holds an annual conclave of the wealthy and powerful. The jet — arranged by a Saudi businessman — provided a luxurious living-room setting for a rolling discussion: Couldn’t the big names at Davos be doing more to solve the world’s big problems?

**** the 18.6% and their rigged, undemocratic, internationalist, militant, right-wing, authoritarian, corporatist, corrupt-as-**** ****ing system! SHUT IT DOWN!

But everything else in your post proves that the highlighted section is impossible.

So if we can't change anything with votes, how do we change it? I can think of a few ways but I want to hear it from you, since you are one of the awoken few who can actually see what the **** is going on.

Also, since you are doing a better job of explaining it than I (the thread title is merely (what I THOUGHT to be) the most appealing solution to the average American - the Partisans) I feel like your presence here can at the very least aid in the awakening of the majority of the people on DP (who are very much NOT awoken)...

Thanks for the compliment. I think it is possible, but highly improbable. First any third party wanting to become viable must first forget about the presidency, the senate and even the House of Representative. Concentrate on the grass roots level. Getting people elected to city councils, state house and senates, local level. It is the state legislatures that write the election laws for any particular state. To be successful on the national level, those state laws have to be changed. Things like what it takes to get on the ballot, Republican and Democratic parties have automatic ballot access. They do not have to do a thing. Everyone else has to jump through hoops.

If enough third party people get elected to the state legislatures, they can influence election laws and things like gerrymandering. In any given election only around 35 house seats are actually at risk for changing parties. The rest are safe. Only then start thinking about the national level, first the house and then the senate. Keep in mind all those moneyed folks will be against you. They have a vested interest along with the Republican and Democratic Party in keeping any third party from becoming viable. Now they split they money two ways and they get a huge return for their investments, donations they call it. Corporations, Wall Street, lobbyists, special interests do not want to add a third party to their initial outlay. They love the status quo. They have the two major parties right where they want them. Both parties owe them big them and they know it.

It may take 10 or 20 years to accomplish. If someone like Ross Perot or a John Anderson were to run today, in 2016 with the assets they had, I am sure they would win. This election season was ripe for a well healed third party candidate to win the white house.

Several years ago I did up a paper on what it would take for an independent to win the white house. Here it is: Keep in mind it has really nothing to do with establishing a viable third party, but how an independent could win the white house.

Having worked for Ross Perot, an independent candidate for president here is the criteria for an independent to win the White House.
1. Must be charismatic
2. Must have a message that resonates with the people that the two major parties are not addressing or it seems they are not addressing
3. Must have a vision where he wants to lead America
4. Must have common sense solutions to problems that the two major parties are not attempting to solve or are putting off
5. Must be independently wealthy.
A. This is due to the two existing parties write all election laws as a mutual protection act. The independent candidate will need to expand millions to get on the ballot by challenging a lot of these laws state by state.
B. The independent candidate will need to pay petitioners to get the required signatures for ballot access as described by the different laws of all the different states.
C. Due to the fact that corporations, lobbyists, Wall Street firms, Special Interests super pacs and pacs, huge money individuals etc. who all donate to the campaigns of the two major parties the independent candidate will not have access to he will have expand a huge amount of his own money to get his own message out.
6. There has to be a feeling among the electorate that the two major parties are out for themselves and not America. The electorate needs to be disgusted with both major parties.

Too bad we do not have someone like that. The disgust of the majority of Americans is there especially since our two major parties gave us Trump and Clinton.

This isn't about what Bernie wants, it is about what the people want, as the first bolded segment indicates.

The people rejected what Bernie wants...

This isn't about what Bernie wants, it is about what the people want, as the first bolded segment indicates.

How many times would you like Sanders to be rejected?

Bernie Sanders Should Team With Jill Stein and Run Green Party Instead of Endorsing Hillary Clinton

Admit it, you want 3 Parties.

If he did that, then Trump would have a decent shot at being the next president, and you would be bitching at Sanders for being the new Ralph Nader, who of course was the spoiler for Gore. LOL.

Bernie Sanders Should Team With Jill Stein and Run Green Party Instead of Endorsing Hillary Clinton

bernie has sold out.

run don run

Oh man I started to get so excited when I saw the first few words of your first sentence. Oh man I get giddy when someone actually posts the statistics (the REAL statistics) regarding voting bloc size.

So, since Hillary Clinton (Candidate of the War Machine, a $2 BILLION global empire, and the GLOBAL ELITE) is undoubtedly going to be the next President, 18.6% of the ENTIRE UNITED STATES has decided the election before it is EVEN OVER, I think its safe to say that those of use refusing to vote are on the CORRECT side of history.

**** the 18.6% and their rigged, undemocratic, internationalist, militant, right-wing, authoritarian, corporatist, corrupt-as-**** ****ing system! SHUT IT DOWN!

Don't refuse to vote. Vote third party, who I do not care. Vote for Johnson, Libertarian or Stein Green Party or the Constitutional Party or some other third party. Let your voice be heard that you are totally dissatisfied with the choices the two major parties gave you.

Look

RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - General Election: Trump vs. Clinton vs. Johnson vs. Stein

Here you have Johnson and Stein receiving approximately 10% of the vote. Neither the Libertarian Party, Johnson or the Green Party, Stein never has received even one percent of the vote. With these two candidates whom no one ever heard of, who have no money, who will be outspent probably 4 billion by the two major parties to a couple of million. Who have no name reorganization, no media hype or coverage, they in fact have nothing going for them outside the fact their last names are not Trump or Clinton.

https://www.qu.edu/images/polling/us/us06292016_Utwkv93x.pdf

Quinnipiac, I like them as they give a total breakdown. shows 48% of all Americans say they will never vote for Trump and another 10% say the probably will not. Question 3. 45% of all Americans say they will never vote for Clinton with another 10% station probably not. Question 4.

Question 2 shows independents splitting their vote between Trump and Clinton at 32% apiece. But 21% of independents plan on voting for Johnson or Stein and you can add another 2% who say they will vote for an other candidate. Scroll through the entire poll, there are some amazing question and answers. I look or read inside all the polls I can. Voters are very dissatisfied with the choice given them by the two major parties.

Only 37% of all Americans view Clinton in a positive light, 57% view her negatively. Trump, only 34% of All Americans view him positive. The lowest favorable rating of any candidate since Gallup started keeping track of it was G.H.W. Bush back in 1992, he was at 46%. He lost big time. Both Trump and Clinton will break that record big time.

This was the year when an independent could have run and won easily. But that is not to be.

If he did that, then Trump would have a decent shot at being the next president, and you would be bitching at Sanders for being the new Ralph Nader, who of course was the spoiler for Gore. LOL.

Ralph Nader wasn't the most powerful runner-up in a major political party in recent history...

Bernie Sanders Should Team With Jill Stein and Run Green Party

near zero chance of success, unfortunately. it's going to be one of the Fisher Price My First Political Party[sup]TM[/sup] duds.

While that ain't gonna happen he could pull a Trump and threaten to do it in order to get more concessions from Hillary. In the end though, he knows the Green Party is nothing but a protest vote, electing Trump. Are you saying that Bernie would be Stein's VP? Maybe the other way around.

I would go for that. That would pull all the Sanderistas to the Green Party instead of to Hillary by default. :)

I can understand why people would argue against Sanders joining the Greens, but that is not the same as those who defend the two-party (divide-and-conquer) system.

Cycle_Of_Govt_Terror.jpg

Maybe he should, but he's not.

Bernie is dead set against the Don getting the top job. I LMAO at the Trumpanzees who have delusions of Sanders voters flocking to the Don. They conviently forget the man is the 1% Sanders has been railing against for months. Delusional!!

Bernie is dead set against the Don getting the top job. I LMAO at the Trumpanzees who have delusions of Sanders voters flocking to the Don. They conviently forget the man is the 1% Sanders has been railing against for months. Delusional!!

Hillary is as well.
In fact - she is ten-times as powerful.

Yea just not that.

Hillary is as well.

Yeah. Poor Hillary is just one of the lowly 99%. I feel so sorry for her.

I do think he would do better because the general election is open. More people would participate and most people are NOT happy with the choice the two main parties have given us.

That said, I don't know if he would pull enough liberals and independents to win. The risk of a Trump presidency would be much higher and while I might be willing to roll those dice, I doubt Bernie is.

This pretty much summarizes my thoughts. Immediately, on November 5th, I'm very interested in the national dialogue concerning the future of the progressive left. I am under no illusions that the long term strategy for the progressive left lies with the Democratic party. And I have no illusions about what kind of a president Hillary Clinton will be. This is going to be 4 dark years for American foreign policy and a further expansion of neoliberalism, and the only thing this country will talk about is whether or not such-and-such Fox News host was sexist when they called Hillary a "shrill harpy" or whatever nonsense and fatuous garbage accusations that the Right will attack her on, and distract the country from the real problems that America faces. Well, that's what will happen, if we let it.

The true victory of the Sanders campaign --beyond the small promises and sweet-nothings that Hillary is now whispering in progressives' ears-- is that he united the Left. Culturally, we are now aware of the colossal numbers that the Left has. Multiple news outlets reported that Sanders could have captured 53% of the electorate. You combine that with Hillary, DWS, and the DNC wildly over-playing their hands, and I think a good argument can be made that we're in the beginning phases of a credible third party, after which I expect Republicans to implode. By and large, I would say, that much like the Republicans did in 2010, the DNC has sealed it's own fate, too. Millennials don't feel any love for the Democratic party --and in no small part because of the narrative that this primary took, namely that they are usurpers who have no place in the Democratic party. So, it'll allow the DNC to keep power for another 4 years, maybe 8, but sooner or later this will remove their ability to win presidencies. The voting blocs that propelled Hillary to power literally gets smaller every day. The voting blocs that kept Republicans in power are now only operational at state level of congresspersons, Senators, and governors (which is more than enough to do substantial damage), but they're quickly becoming a totally unserious party in presidential elections (The only reason that Trump stands a chance is because Democrats are running into precisely the same problems that Republicans ran into prior to 2010, which is that in order to secure votes for their wholly unpopular programs, they hinge their appeal to voters nearly completely on identity politics which starts to create its own serious ideological tensions within the party).

Last edited:

I for one am relieved that he will not be doing so.

Hillary is as well.

I do not know anything about that, but will put money on the Don getting squat out of Sanders voters.

Back
Top Bottom