• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bernie Sanders rolls out ‘Stop WALMART Act’ that would block stock buybacks until retailer raises pa

There is a saying Logician, those who like Trump. Take him seriously, just not literally and those who hate him. Don't take him seriously, but they do take him literally.

If you're going to chase the use his wording like its gospel. Then I have no cure for whatever pox ale's you.

ale's ? what does beer have to do with Trump's admiration and love affair with a Communist dictator, 'therapist.'.....:lol:

There is a saying Logician, those who like Trump. Take him seriously, just not literally and those who hate him. Don't take him seriously, but they do take him literally.

If you're going to chase the use his wording like its gospel. Then I have no cure for whatever pox ale's you.

We could use some synonyms and even change grammar, but how could you possibly construe that quote into a different sentiment.

Show me how you see it.

We are in love. He writes me beautiful letters.

Facetious?

ale's ? what does beer have to do with Trump's admiration and love affair with a Communist dictator, 'therapist.'.....:lol:

Your attempts to deflect by feigning stupidity aside.

Are you really going to sit there and muse that this is actually happening between these two leaders?

Because presidents all throughout history had to share a bed with some very horrible people, especially on the world stage. If you were actually ignorant of this truth, then I am happy to inform you of something you didn't know to begin with. Maybe I should start charging my old fees for teaching on here as well. Seeing as I'm doing more of it with the likes of you around.

Your attempts to deflect by feigning stupidity aside.

Are you really going to sit there and muse that this is actually happening between these two leaders?

Because presidents all throughout history had to share a bed with some very horrible people, especially on the world stage. If you were actually ignorant of this truth, then I am happy to inform you of something you didn't know to begin with. Maybe I should start charging my old fees for teaching on here as well. Seeing as I'm doing more of it with the likes of you around.

leader? :lamo:lamo:lamo

We could use some synonyms and even change grammar, but how could you possibly construe that quote into a different sentiment.

Show me how you see it.

Facetious?

Given Trump's history, quite easily.
He has always been one to play it up for the news, or any crowd he has in attendance really. So a West Virginia rally would be no different of a venue for him to prattle on as much. Though "We fell in love" and "Beautiful letters" especially the way he was saying it at the rally. Were obviously him just playing to the crowd.

I see no indication that he actually cares for Un, no more so than Obama actually did and even compared to them Bush just stood on our side of the lake and waged his finger from time to time.

Because presidents all throughout history had to share a bed with some very horrible people, especially on the world stage.

Good Lord, please, no.

If Trump has sex with Kim, leave aside world stage, my political decorum will come to an end.

Good Lord, please, no.

If Trump has sex with Kim, leave aside world stage, my political decorum will come to an end.

It is funny and I do think there might actually be some strange fan fiction somewhere on the web for that, but that is besides the point.

It's in no way, what people are playing at it actually being.

It is funny and I do think there might actually be some strange fan fiction somewhere on the web for that, but that is besides the point.

It's in no way, what people are playing at it actually being.

People don't think he's actually in love. It's just a horrendous thing to say about a dictator.

People don't think he's actually in love. It's just a horrendous thing to say about a dictator.

Then again we are talking about a moron who stooped to mocking a disabled journalist in front of the entire civilized world.

The name is misleading, but you are right about the actual bill.

I really think it's a bad idea to create progressive minimum wages. Another bad idea to target large businesses with that kind of penalty.

I get what he wants to do. Basically living wage for companies large enough to afford it. I can think of half a dozen reasons it's a bad idea, though. It doesn't really matter. It fits his views that he was elected for having, but it won't pass.

The problem for people who have jobs that don't pay much at all is that they have regressive wages. Due to inflation, you'd have to get an annual raise or else your income:cost of living is lower every year. That's a serious problem that we've traditionally "solved" by using the federal government to provide programs that give you food stamps and higher tax returns.

I'm not stumping for any bill that requires companies to pay more. I'd love to see a state pass a bill that gives sales tax cuts or even eliminates sales taxes to low income earners instead of raising the minimum wage. I'd love to just see a projection of what would happen if a state did that.

So...the tax reform bill was sold as a way to increase worker wages and stop (to paraphrase Trump) the decades of economic devastation that have led to growing poverty, all while a few at the top reap the rewards. Problem is, at least some of us knew beforehand that companies would just use it for purposes like stock buybacks and other ways to enrich those at the top. Which is just what has happened, more or less, with a few exceptions.

Laissez Faire policies led to conditions that were at least as horrible as anything you find in Venezuela these days. The notion that we should just sit back and let business do its thing is historically very misinformed.

So...the tax reform bill was sold as a way to increase worker wages and stop (to paraphrase Trump) the decades of economic devastation that have led to growing poverty, all while a few at the top reap the rewards. Problem is, at least some of us knew beforehand that companies would just use it for purposes like stock buybacks and other ways to enrich those at the top. Which is just what has happened, more or less, with a few exceptions.

Laissez Faire policies led to conditions that were at least as horrible as anything you find in Venezuela these days. The notion that we should just sit back and let business do its thing is historically very misinformed.

You really should demand a refund from where ever you got your economic education from.

You really should demand a refund from where ever you got your economic education from.

Perhaps you could explain your comment a little more...make it an actual argument, rather than a mere (rather cheap) insult.

Last edited:
I think buy backs are stupid and companies shouldn't do them. If companies have extra money then they should reinvest or give it to the employees, not artificially inflate the stock price. I'd be fine if they have a higher dividend to share holders then do this.

Incorrect. Kim Jong-un is a dictator. That is not the same thing.

Yet he still has people in his country, that depend on his leadership for their lives to continue as normally as possible.

Back
Top Bottom