• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bernie Sanders Renews Calls for Wasserman Schultz to Step Down After DNC Leak

sanman

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
(Unfortunately, I couldn't edit the thread title to look like the article title)

Bernie Sanders Renews Calls for Wasserman Schultz to Step Down After DNC Leak | Mediaite

Right from comrade horse's mouth:

Now how much ruckus will be raised at the convention? What will the Sanders supporters do? There's no guarantee that the supporters will retreat like meek little mice just because Bernie tells them to. There are a lot of pent-up emotions in play, here.

Last edited:
Re: Bernie Sanders Renews Calls for Wasserman-Schultz to Step Down After DNC Leak

Bernie has already caved to the desires of the DNC. His supporters will be left disillusioned and bitter. Debbie falls on her sword, and the whole thing goes away amidst the partisan fervor of the convention and back page reporting of any discontent, email leaks, and all else unfavorable.

Re: Bernie Sanders Renews Calls for Wasserman-Schultz to Step Down After DNC Leak

This part explains why he thinks she should step down:

Bernie Sanders reacted on CNN this morning to being trashed by multiple DNC officials in that massive email dump.

The emails showed DNC Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz expressing her frustrations with Sanders, as well as one top DNC official talking about going after Sanders on his faith (or lack thereof).

Jake Tapper asked Sanders for his reaction to those emails. Sanders said, “It’s outrageous, but it is not a great shock to me… It’s what we talked about six months ago.”

and this part tells us he's still more interested in the good of the country than in personal vendettas:

(quite unlike, well you know, that other guy who wants to bring about change)
He firmly insisted that he’s not an atheist, but made it abundantly clear that this changes nothing and he’s still committed to helping Hillary Clinton defeat Donald Trump.

(Unfortunately, I couldn't edit the thread title to look like the article title)

Bernie Sanders Renews Calls for Wasserman Schultz to Step Down After DNC Leak | Mediaite

Now how much ruckus will be raised at the convention? What will the Sanders supporters do? There's no guarantee that the supporters will retreat like meek little mice just because Bernie tells them to. There are a lot of pent-up emotions in play, here.

Sanders is so dam senile he won't remember any of this by Monday morning ! :lamo

Good. Its pretty clear the DNC had it out for him and this just is more evidence to that point. Debbie Wasserman Schultz should step down. Its now being reported she wont be speaking at the DNC

Nothing will happen.

Oh, there'll be whining, crying and stamping of feet from Bernie supporters but the Democratic Elite will just shush them and tell them to go sit in the corner like good little children while the "adults" take care of business. The liberal media will assist the Elites.

I don't even think DWS will resign.

Nothing will happen.

Oh, there'll be whining, crying and stamping of feet from Bernie supporters but the Democratic Elite will just shush them and tell them to go sit in the corner like good little children while the "adults" take care of business. The liberal media will assist the Elites.

Just about everything you spewed in this post is complete bull****.

shrug...

One man's opinion...another man's BS. We all have the right to our own opinion/BS, don't you think?

The emails. The rigging of the election. The Clinton Foundation. Benghazi. The enabling of a serial philandering husband. Whitewater. Etc, etc, etc.

How much reality must one suspend to vote for this monster?

The emails. The rigging of the election. The Clinton Foundation. Benghazi. The enabling of a serial philandering husband. Whitewater. Etc, etc, etc.

This is a first for me - Good post.

Good. Its pretty clear the DNC had it out for him and this just is more evidence to that point. Debbie Wasserman Schultz should step down. Its now being reported she wont be speaking at the DNC

These email dumps aren't as damning as many seem to think, nor are they really that enlightening. Fact is, we knew the DNC was pushing Hillary over Bernie, and, really, it makes perfect sense. Bernie is an independent. He's never been a Democrat. He was an outsider, and they were going to circle the wagons against him. I understand that's a violation of the DNC's own bylaws, but it's not surprising.

What the emails really show is how difficult it was for the DNC to coordinate and implement their agenda. It's a peek behind the curtain, but that glimpse is more mundane than scandalous, based on my admitted limited reading so far.

Considering the alternative is a buffoon named Trump, not a lot.

These email dumps aren't as damning as many seem to think, nor are they really that enlightening. Fact is, we knew the DNC was pushing Hillary over Bernie, and, really, it makes perfect sense. Bernie is an independent. He's never been a Democrat. He was an outsider, and they were going to circle the wagons against him. I understand that's a violation of the DNC's own bylaws, but it's not surprising.

What the emails really show is how difficult it was for the DNC to coordinate and implement their agenda. It's a peek behind the curtain, but that glimpse is more mundane than scandalous, based on my admitted limited reading so far.

When the leader knew that the bylawas of the party were being broken and she did nothing about it, then its time for leadership change.

Nothing will happen.

I have to agree with Mycroft on this one. It would be Hillary's call to fire DWS. We don't know how willing DWS would be to fall on her sword. If anyone has dirt on Clinton it would be DWS. DWS can't stand to take any hits in the election right now. Her seat is up for grabs and she has some competition for the first time in her career.

When the leader knew that the bylawas of the party were being broken and she did nothing about it, then its time for leadership change.

Obama is the leader of the Party, but he should still resign because of this.

Sanders should take power immediately. This is absolutely disgusting.

I have to agree with Mycroft on this one. It would be Hillary's call to fire DWS. We don't know how willing DWS would be to fall on her sword. If anyone has dirt on Clinton it would be DWS. DWS can't stand to take any hits in the election right now. Her seat is up for grabs and she has some competition for the first time in her career.

But "Nothing will happen." has already been proven false, as DWS has already been rescinded speaking rights at the Convention, and the other part where he says "Oh, there'll be whining, crying and stamping of feet from Bernie supporters but the Democratic Elite will just shush them and tell them to go sit in the corner like good little children while the "adults" take care of business. The liberal media will assist the Elites." is also mostly hyperbolic hot air and bull****, so no, I am correct, Mycroft is not, you are not, this is fact.

Or as Hillary has told us in the past. "At this point, what does it matter"?

But "Nothing will happen." has already been proven false, as DWS has already been rescinded speaking rights at the Convention, and the other part where he says "Oh, there'll be whining, crying and stamping of feet from Bernie supporters but the Democratic Elite will just shush them and tell them to go sit in the corner like good little children while the "adults" take care of business. The liberal media will assist the Elites." is also mostly hyperbolic hot air and bull****, so no, I am correct, Mycroft is not, you are not, this is fact.

I'm super disappointed by the TV show turds.
They address the emails, only in referencing Bernie, but don't go over the things inside.
Like the Chuck Todd taking orders email or the WaPo email about an unlisted event.

Depends on your goal or definition of nothing. I don't think it will make one bit of difference to the DNC. They will offer some weak concession but only for appearance sake to keep their minions in line. It will to everyone else but not died in the wool corruption deniers.

I have no problem with that. Probably should be done. But I doubt many others in her position would have done differently. The RNC was very resistant to Trump, too, and for the same reasons.

Or as Hillary has told us in the past. "At this point, what does it matter"?

Context matters, Wash

Then you lack ethical standards.
If they didn't want to play by their rules, they shouldn't of let him run.

That simple.
You can't do the "no true Scotsman" after the fact.

Context matters, Wash

Agreed, tell that to Hillary. Why couldn't the Democratic party put up Biden. Then I would not have to hold my nose to vote.

Re: Bernie Sanders Says Debbie Wasserman-Schultz Should Step Down As Head of DNC

Obama is the leader of the Party, but he should still resign because of this.

Sanders should take power immediately. This is absolutely disgusting.

Sanders should take power immediately? What tin pot fantasy world do you live in?

The RNC felt the same way about Trump, but they didn't break their rules to stop him. They tried within the rules, but didn't find a way, so he's the nominee.

Bernie never had a chance.

Back
Top Bottom