• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bernie Sanders releases 10 years of tax returns, showing how his 2016 presidential run vaulted him i

He said that millionaires need to pay their fair share and that their fair share is more than whatever it is they are currently paying.

He said this before the Trump Tax cuts took effect.

He is allowed to pay more than is legally required which is FAR LESS than he said that people who are as rich as he has become should pay.

He's of course allowed to pay more. And Senators are allowed to not cash their payroll checks as they try to cut spending for others. But if they DO cash their payroll checks, but have never called on others to decline pay or benefits they're entitled to, they are not liars or hypocrites.

See the difference? If Bernie said, "We 'rich' should all voluntarily pay more than the IRS requires us!" and then didn't, he's a hypocrite. But you're calling him a liar and a hypocrite for NOT doing what he's never, ever suggested anyone else do. It's bull****.

Quote him demanding anyone pay more than is required under current law! You cannot do it, so you've invented this principle he's never advanced, that doesn't apply to anyone else in government, then called him a liar for not living up to the standard you invented for him.

Who said anything about Charles Koch? Bernie can say anything about Koch and this will never impact Bernie's status as a lying hypocrite. Maybe as a liar...

Bernie's class envy, divisionist rhetoric demands that he pay more than he pays. His actions demand that you ignore his words.

Ignoring his words seems like a pretty wise course of action, so, there's that...

Sanders: Wealthy People, Including Me, 'Should Start Paying Their Fair Share' - 'I Pay the Taxes That I Owe' | Breitbart
<snip>
During a town hall on the Fox News Channel on Monday, Democratic presidential candidate Senator Bernie Sanders (I-VT) said that he pays the taxes he owes, and “whether it’s me or you or anybody else, I think wealthy people and large corporations that are making billions of profits should start paying their fair share of taxes.

Sanders said that he voted against Trump’s tax bill, “and I happen to believe that a tax bill written and pushed by Trump, who told the American people that that tax bill, some of you may recall, would not benefit the wealthy, do you remember that? … 83% of the benefits went to the top 1%. So, I think that’s a bad idea, and in my view, people…whether it’s me or you or anybody else, I think wealthy people and large corporations that are making billions of profits should start paying their fair share of taxes.”
<snip>

He's calling for changes in the law. It's no different than Sen. Cruz or Paul Ryan calling for spending cuts because of the awful, terrible deficit that will kill us and is caused by too much spending! And then they cash their payroll checks, use taxpayer funded healthcare, have plush offices, take nice taxpayer funded trips, pay their bloated staff all that's been allocated to their offices, and more. Why are they not required to lead by example and voluntarily work for free? Half the Congress doesn't need a salary because they're wealthy, so why don't they all decline pay and benefits including the fat retirement we pay, and when they don't, why aren't you calling THEM hypocrites? For Bernies, it's higher taxes for thee but not for me - using your interpretation, which is fine. But when it comes to spending cuts for thee but not for me on the right wing side, you are silent. It's an obvious double standard.

FWIW, I don't even like Bernie, I'm just tired of liberals being held to stupid standards you right wingers don't hold conservatives against. If you want to be consistent, I'd have no objections, but there's this right wing effort to delegitimize anyone calling for raising taxes. You're playing that game and I'm sick of it.

Trump claims to be pro worker and then signs into law a tax package that shellacks workers, reduces any miniscule benefit they get over time, and yet hands billions to top earners.

Trump raged about being pro worker, and then gives GM massive contracts despite them continuing to outsource production.

POLICY matters.

What trump SAYS does not.

You are suffering a delusion based on the propaganda that afflicts you.

Household income is up. Wages are up. Take home pay is up. Tax rates are down. Federal Tax Revenue is up. There are more Americans working after Trump's election than at any point in American history.

Personal wealth has increased by more than 9 Trillion dollars after Trump was elected.

The Tax cuts have a sun set because THE DEMOCRATS AND MODERATE REPUBLICANS WOULD NOT SIGN ON TO A PERMANENT TAX CUT.

GM is doing what it's doing to avoid needing another bail out. That's good that they are acting responsibly. Trump is threatening to end their favorable tax credits. That's good that he's fighting for American citizens.

I think you are talking about the Lordestown plant. Do you know what you're talking about? In this particular case, Trump blamed both the union and the employer and called on both to work together to get it opened up again.

In all of the cases of product terminations like the Cruze, product initiations like both electric and autonomous, GM has become a forward looking business. This is what they are supposed to do.

You are raving about lies fed to you by liars. That is bad that the liars do it and bad that you don't seem to be able to figure it out.

[h=1]312,000 Jobs Added In December, Manufacturing Growing 714% Faster Under Trump Than Obama[/h]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Chuck DeVoreContributor

PolicyTexas Public Policy Foundation VP and former California legislator

[/FONT]

[h=5]TWEET THIS[/h]

https%3A%2F%2Fspecials-images.forbesimg.com%2Fdam%2Fimageserve%2Ff83d13df31df453a8bd6cce6e4cb383b%2F960x0.jpg%3Ffit%3Dscale

[FONT=&quot]President Donald Trump talks with reporters after signing the tax bill and continuing resolution to fund the government, in the Oval Office of the White House, Friday, Dec. 22, 2017, in Washington. (AP Photo/Evan Vucci)
ASSOCIATED PRESS[/FONT]

The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics released its December jobs reportFriday morning, showing nonfarm employment was up by 312,000, stronger than analysts expected.
The impressive jobs number, along with the Fed signaling patience on rate hikes, shook the stock market loose from its doldrums, with the Dow posting a 747-point gain.

https://www.nbc4i.com/news/local-ne...-action-to-reopen-lordestown-plant/1856171490

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckd...4-faster-under-trump-than-obama/#737b83d55b50

He's of course allowed to pay more. And Senators are allowed to not cash their payroll checks as they try to cut spending for others. But if they DO cash their payroll checks, but have never called on others to decline pay or benefits they're entitled to, they are not liars or hypocrites.

See the difference? If Bernie said, "We 'rich' should all voluntarily pay more than the IRS requires us!" and then didn't, he's a hypocrite. But you're calling him a liar and a hypocrite for NOT doing what he's never, ever suggested anyone else do. It's bull****.

Quote him demanding anyone pay more than is required under current law! You cannot do it, so you've invented this principle he's never advanced, that doesn't apply to anyone else in government, then called him a liar for not living up to the standard you invented for him.

You seem incapable of reading English.

I'll try this one last time and then just give up on you:

Hypocrite | Definition of Hypocrite by Merriam-Webster

hypocrite noun
hyp·​o·​crite | \ ˈhi-pə-ˌkrit \
Definition of hypocrite
1 : a person who puts on a false appearance of virtue or religion
2 : a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings

Read it slow. Move your lips while you read it. The definition has NOTHING TO DO with the words and actions of a group.

It is a strictly individual condition.

Bernie said that members of the group which he has now joined should pay more. He joined the group. He is now a member of the group. He refused as a member of the group to do what members of the group are demanded by his words to do.

He demanded the action. He refused to comply. That makes him a hypocrite. It's the dictionary definition.

Why are you even arguing this. No need to respond. I'll drop this waste of effort since you have shown yourself to be incapable of reading this language. Is there a different language in which your proficient? Even semi-literate?

He's calling for changes in the law. It's no different than Sen. Cruz or Paul Ryan calling for spending cuts because of the awful, terrible deficit that will kill us and is caused by too much spending! And then they cash their payroll checks, use taxpayer funded healthcare, have plush offices, take nice taxpayer funded trips, pay their bloated staff all that's been allocated to their offices, and more. Why are they not required to lead by example and voluntarily work for free? Half the Congress doesn't need a salary because they're wealthy, so why don't they all decline pay and benefits including the fat retirement we pay, and when they don't, why aren't you calling THEM hypocrites? For Bernies, it's higher taxes for thee but not for me - using your interpretation, which is fine. But when it comes to spending cuts for thee but not for me on the right wing side, you are silent. It's an obvious double standard.

FWIW, I don't even like Bernie, I'm just tired of liberals being held to stupid standards you right wingers don't hold conservatives against. If you want to be consistent, I'd have no objections, but there's this right wing effort to delegitimize anyone calling for raising taxes. You're playing that game and I'm sick of it.

You're hopelessly illiterate.

Buy a dictionary. Use it.

You seem incapable of reading English.

I'll try this one last time and then just give up on you:

Hypocrite | Definition of Hypocrite by Merriam-Webster

hypocrite noun
hyp·​o·​crite | \ ˈhi-pə-ˌkrit \
Definition of hypocrite
1 : a person who puts on a false appearance of virtue or religion
2 : a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings

Read it slow. Move your lips while you read it. The definition has NOTHING TO DO with the words and actions of a group.

It is a strictly individual condition.

Bernie said that members of the group which he has now joined should pay more. He joined the group. He is now a member of the group. He refused as a member of the group to do what members of the group are demanded by his words to do.

He demanded the action. He refused to comply. That makes him a hypocrite. It's the dictionary definition.

Why are you even arguing this. No need to respond. I'll drop this waste of effort since you have shown yourself to be incapable of reading this language. Is there a different language in which your proficient? Even semi-literate?

Well, I can read English just fine and I know you can't quote Bernie suggesting or demanding that anyone pay more than the law requires.

You're hopelessly illiterate.

Buy a dictionary. Use it.

I'm not illiterate. In fact I know the definitions of 'hypocrite' and 'liar' and you appear confused. If you call someone a liar, you should be able to point out the falsehood, and you cannot. If you call someone a hypocrite for not paying more taxes than the law requires, you should be able to quote him suggesting or demanding others do that, and I know you cannot.

So what I can do is recognize bad, dishonest arguments, and yours is both.

Back
Top Bottom