• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Bernie Sanders Plan

Agreed somewhat, but I think it's even simpler. In case he doesn't pull this off, he just wants to have a chance to shape the democratic platform with the influence of his delegates for leverage. Occams razor. And he already pushed Clinton to the left.

This. It's all about building political capital and forcing the best possible concession in the unfortunately likely event he doesn't pull off a win/there is no e-mail indictment.

He knows he has no chance of winning.

He intends to carry on in order to build up his Rolodex of new "young" democratic voters (contact addresses) and which he will sell to the highest bidder after the convention.

And finally; he is allowed to use any campaign funds which are remaining as he withdraws for his own personal use.

Calm

He can use Campaign funds for personal use? Please explain this to me. I was just going to post an idea for Campaign finance reform and I didn't know this?

Bernie can win all he likes. The only way He could take the Nomination is if Trump shot out ahead winning overwhelming popularity on his way to the Convention. Then some Delegates would start thinking about it. I don't want to do this to Trump but Bernie should get all he can to pack his punch at the Convention. Hillary doesn't care, she's just going to go dizzily on her way with me wondering if I've done the right thing.

How about you? Do you care about your vote? At most you have a fifty per cent chance of getting it right.

Last edited:

He intends to carry on in order to build up his Rolodex of new "young" democratic voters (contact addresses) and which he will sell to the highest bidder after the convention.

And finally; he is allowed to use any campaign funds which are remaining as he withdraws for his own personal use.

Calm

What's with the Obama av?

Calm

But on point, I can't imagine Bernie would sell out for money.
But I would imagine he'd feel pretty good knowing he dragged Hillary somewhere politically unwise during the campaign.
Which is not to say she has any intention to stay there after he's vanquished despite how that would look.
She's going have to do some fancy dancing to manage that without looking even more opportunistic than he's made her look.
I think she's too clumsily unskilled to pull that off.

When you think about it, if he was running to win and fully expected he could, he would have used more of what's been available to exploit her record ... all her record.

I don't know that he's scheming to sell his donor database, no. I do think it became patently obvious sometime around the time he inexplicably decided to leave the campaign trail before the NY primary to jet off to Rome for the weekend that he's enjoying the lifestyle quite a bit. Not to mention the adulation (if indeed he actually believes his fundraising pitch that he can still win as some seem to think, then he's definitely let it all go to his head to a disturbing degree.)

Besides the 30+ years of saying the same thing and fighting for the same things without deviation, all of which contradict your's and the OP's biased opinion of him.

But on point, I can't imagine Bernie would sell out for money.
But I would imagine he'd feel pretty good knowing he dragged Hillary somewhere politically unwise during the campaign.
Which is not to say she has any intention to stay there after he's vanquished despite how that would look.
She's going have to do some fancy dancing to manage that without looking even more opportunistic than he's made her look.
I think she's too clumsily unskilled to pull that off.

When you think about it, if he was running to win and fully expected he could, he would have used more of what's been available to exploit her record ... all her record.
That's why I'd have hoped Bernie would have brought up more about her record during the debates. He really should have IMO.

Hopefully, Trump will try to do that instead.

Calm

What I find funny is that there's still idiots who are donating to his campaign even though there's no way he can win.

What I find funny is that there's still idiots who are donating to his campaign even though there's no way he can win.

The hostility towards the Clintons runs deep, reaping what they have sown and all that.....

The hostility towards the Clintons runs deep, reaping what they have sown and all that.....

The hatred for Trump far surpasses the hatred for Hillary...

I just really hate Hillary Clinton. I've already got a $500 dollar bet going with my girlfriend for who will win the 2016 election, and I'm betting on Trump. [emoji48]

While I don't particularly like Trump, hopefully he can expose her in the presidential debates. That's what I'd hoped Bernie would've done more often in the Democratic debates.

The hatred for Trump far surpasses the hatred for Hillary...

Could be, but the Clintons suck at politics these days, Trump is a genius, so the possible upside is in Trumps favor. Also, Trump knows where the American people are, the Clintons lost track of that a long time ago. They both play dirty though, America has not seen anything like this in a long time.

How is your popcorn supply?

I just really hate Hillary Clinton. I've already got a $500 dollar bet going with my girlfriend for who will win the 2016 election, and I'm betting on Trump. [emoji48]

While I don't particularly like Trump, hopefully he can expose her in the presidential debates. That's what I'd hoped Bernie would've done more often in the Democratic debates.

Bernie is a lifetime failed politician, which is the main reason I went with Trump instead, and he did it here again. Bernie did not believe that he had a chance to win till way too late in the game, which is why for so long he was giving lectures only, was refusing to play full out. I did not think he had it in him either, but he is better than he or I thought he was at this. He will be kicking himself till we plant him in the ground.

Besides the 30+ years of saying the same thing and fighting for the same things without deviation, all of which contradict your's and the OP's biased opinion of him.

I'm not sure what that has to do with the fact that by this point in the campaign it seems clear he's been drinking his own kool-aid. And I'm sure he's having the time of his life. It's not hard to see why he personally doesn't want to get out of the race.

But it's not just Bernie, of course. There are folks in senior strategy positions in his campaign in the unusual position of getting unlimited commissions on his prodigious media buys. So it's not as though he's getting any advice from inside his campaign to wind it down.

Sanders is biggest spender of 2016 so far — generating millions for consultants
The large profits stem in part from the fact that no one in Sanders’s campaign imagined he would generate such enormous financial support. So unlike Clinton, he did not cap how much his consultants could earn in commissions from what was expected to be a bare-bones operation, according to campaign officials.
That has meant big payouts for the firm of senior strategist Tad Devine, which has produced the bulk of the campaign’s ads; Old Towne Media, a small media placement operation run by two of Devine’s longtime buyers; and Revolution Messaging, a digital firm led by veterans of President Obama’s 2008 campaign.
As of the end of March, Old Towne Media had placed nearly $60 million worth of commercials on local television and radio stations, according to ad tracking data obtained by The Post. Such volume translates into significant fees, even with a single-digit commission split between the media buyers and Devine’s firm, Devine Mulvey Longabaugh.

They literally just drummed out the campaign's state director in California (the all-important California!) for suggesting the campaign direct its remaining resources away from media buys.

Sanders' California director leaves campaign
Bernie Sanders’ campaign parted ways with its California state director Michael Ceraso on Wednesday morning, 27 days before the primary in the state that Sanders has repeatedly said is crucial to his effort to capture the Democratic nomination.

The surprise move came after a period when Ceraso advocated for a California strategy that involved more investment on field and digital organizing than on television advertising — a staple of Sanders’ campaign elsewhere so far — he told POLITICO.

But yeah, the campaign goes on because of the party platform or something. Okay.

$500 bucks? Oh my lawd! :shock: I could think of a thousand things to do with that money than place it on a bet.

$500 bucks? Oh my lawd! :shock: I could think of a thousand things to do with that money than place it on a bet.
This is the most money I've ever put up for a bet. The most I've ever put up for a before this is $100 for whether the Panthers or the Broncos would win the Super Bowl.

But hey, if I win this I'd be $500 dollars richer. $$$

Last edited:
I'm not sure what that has to do with the fact that by this point in the campaign it seems clear he's been drinking his own kool-aid. And I'm sure he's having the time of his life. It's not hard to see why he personally doesn't want to get out of the race.

But it's not just Bernie, of course. There are folks in senior strategy positions in his campaign in the unusual position of getting unlimited commissions on his prodigious media buys. So it's not as though he's getting any advice from inside his campaign to wind it down.

Sanders is biggest spender of 2016 so far — generating millions for consultants

Nice, another anti-Bernie Washington Post article. Must be a Thursday.

They literally just drummed out the campaign's state director in California (the all-important California!) for suggesting the campaign direct its remaining resources away from media buys.

Sanders' California director leaves campaign

We're not even talking about California! California isn't the topic of this thread, I have my own topic on California.

But yeah, the campaign goes on because of the party platform or something. Okay.

Non-Sequitur is your best friend, isn't she?
You still dodged my challenge to your claim that he'd suddenly go Darth Vader, essentially become Donald Trump and break from his traditional stances of campaigning for the marginalized, the poor, and against Wall St., the military-industrial complex, and interventionist regime change wars, fracking, and big-business lobbyists (the most powerful of which - the military-prison lobbyists - HRC has got money from in the past FOR YEARS).

You don't realize how out in left-field and on into the ninth-dimension your ridiculous claims are, do you?

Last edited:
And he is having the time of his life. He wants to go out in a blaze of glory. Both parties in the future are going to be a whole lot more careful about who they let run in their primaries, if the courts will allow it.

That would be very interesting to watch. Stopping candidates from running would reduce the efficiency of the US system and a very significant competitive advantage over multi-party ones.

You still dodged my challenge to your claim that he'd suddenly go Darth Vader, essentially become Donald Trump and break from his traditional stances of campaigning for the marginalized, the poor, and against Wall St., the military-industrial complex, and interventionist regime change wars, fracking, and big-business lobbyists (the most powerful of which - the military-prison lobbyists

What claim? What the hell are you talking about?

This is the most money I've ever put up for a bet. The most I've ever put up for a before this is $100 for whether the Panthers or the Broncos would win the Super Bowl.

But hey, if I win this I'd be $500 dollars richer. $$$

And if you lose you'll be $500 poorer. Oh well, its your money anyway. Do what you want with it, ma'am. :2razz:

And if you lose you'll be $500 poorer. Oh well, its your money anyway. Do what you want with it, ma'am. :2razz:
That's also true, so hopefully I won't lose. But I decided I wanted to have at least a little bit of fun with this election season. [emoji39]

He is thinking that he can shame a much of superdelegates to switch, or at least he is saying so to justify keeping on keeping on. Man oh man Sanders blows through tons of money, this is fun time.

Can you imagine the argument he'll use.

Superdelegates:

Please vote against the most experienced and one of the longest serving and most liberal members of YOUR party.
Please vote against the first woman presidential candidate of a major party in the USA.
Please vote against a woman who has raised more money for your candidates through the years than almost any other member.
Please vote for an untested old white guy who wasn't even a member of your party until December because some poll 6 months too early show that he might have a better chance of beating Trump that Hillary (who is also beating Trump).

Yeah, I don't see a significant number of super delegates changing their minds.

He's been making six figures for three decades. His wife was a university administrator also making six figures.

"Spartan existence" is a bit strong.

That's one of the most troubling things I have with Bernie. He's been making BANK for 30+ years and his net worth after all that is roughly $350,000.

I don't know that I trust a man with a track record like to that to manage our economy.

$500 won from your girlfriend will cost you a lot more than $500...
Well, the $500 is gonna come along with a Trump Presidency. But I don't really care for either of the two presidential candidates anyways.

That would be very interesting to watch. Stopping candidates from running would reduce the efficiency of the US system and a very significant competitive advantage over multi-party ones.

I disagree, making sure that a candidate running as representative of a Party and their ideals should be a requirement. It would be real simple just make it a requirement that a person must have been a Party member for at least four years and have some sort on public stand on the issues prior to even announcing that they are something that they cannot prove. It would eliminate pretenders such as trump from running for a position as a Republican even though they are and have been a supporter of Liberal ideals. Any Party should be allowed to vet their candidates and in fact it looks like it should be implemented as soon as the election is over.

I disagree, making sure that a candidate running as representative of a Party and their ideals should be a requirement. It would be real simple just make it a requirement that a person must have been a Party member for at least four years and have some sort on public stand on the issues prior to even announcing that they are something that they cannot prove. It would eliminate pretenders such as trump from running for a position as a Republican even though they are and have been a supporter of Liberal ideals. Any Party should be allowed to vet their candidates and in fact it looks like it should be implemented as soon as the election is over.

That is, what the long and grueling process we have been watching unfold is all about: Deciding which candidate in most desirable, who fits the party's ideas best, with whom the party members identify most. Who they think will represent their will.

That is, what is so devastating. Think of what that says about the American people.

Back
Top Bottom