• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bernie Sanders Colluded With Russia To Beat Hillary

Last edited:
Someone else was flirting with the Russians back then too. How many votes did she take from Hillary? (I say that because a green voter would never vote for Trump!)

170405-putin-flynn-dinner-jhc-1700_ae6b4cdd270c7a7f3720c0df3b07f9fb.fit-2000w.jpg

Misleading headline from you Not-Moderate. B/C Bernie Sanders got more support via the Anti-Hillary Russian Propaganda that doesn't mean that he actively sought out help from Russia and your article doesn't say he colluded.

The article does make a good point, though. No one really ever went after Bernie. I'd read many places that there was a big oppo file on Bernie, but he never had a chance at winning and so it wasn't ever used. The GOP were happy to attack Hillary and divide the party by boosting Bernie, and Hillary had no upside in tearing him down either - just piss off voters she needed in November. Point is anyone thinking that he's have gone through an actual general election relatively unscathed like he did through the primary is very naive or very dumb.

At any rate, I'm about sick of Bernie Sanders, at least until he joins the Democratic party whose nomination he is supposedly considering.

The article does make a good point, though. No one really ever went after Bernie. I'd read many places that there was a big oppo file on Bernie, but he never had a chance at winning and so it wasn't ever used. The GOP were happy to attack Hillary and divide the party by boosting Bernie, and Hillary had no upside in tearing him down either - just piss off voters she needed in November. Point is anyone thinking that he's have gone through an actual general election relatively unscathed like he did through the primary is very naive or very dumb.

At any rate, I'm about sick of Bernie Sanders, at least until he joins the Democratic party whose nomination he is supposedly considering.

I agree here with a number of points you made.

1. What I found odd was the number of anti-establishment conservatives who backed Bernie Sanders because "of how he was treated," by the establishment. They seemed more upset by the supposed corruption of the DNC rather than the policies he supported which are supposed to be what they get upset about.

2. I am no bernie sanders fan. I think he is far too left and lacking in smart policy goals. He doesn't have the temperament to run this country, and is way, way too old.

3. Bernie Sanders should join the Democrats.

However, I think most of the political landscape sees Bernie Sanders as someone of little to no power whatsoever. That was his downfall. He was never going to break up the Clinton Machine. Bernie Sanders did primary well considering that he was up against the most politically connected super democrat of all time. And this I suspect made it even better for the cons to align with some of bernie's message. However, Sanders himself seemed overwhelmed with the support he was getting. It never really seemed like he wanted it. I have actually never even heard him utter the words, "feel the burn."

If you want to look at someone who actually wanted the long run to work out in the end, I would look at interviews John Kasich gave right before he dropped out. Kasich actually got a few bumps in popularity for listening to people and hearing them out. Whatever their problems may have been. So staying on message for Sanders and not talking about other human things, hurt him in my book. I know almost nothing about him as a person.

Last edited:
Honestly, I don't like most of Bernie's policy ideas. I would never want to see him in the oval. Having him as a senator makes my skin crawl.

Now that I've said all that, he is not a bad guy. I certainly think he has a moral compass he follows almost blindly. I don't agree with his compass, but I don't doubt his ardent practice of what he considers morally right. I almost completely skipped the article because the idea of him going outside his preaching seemed so crazy. Then I checked the article. It does not support the tagline on this thread and barely supports it's own points.

Bernie is a little crazy. He's harmless. If Hillary hadn't assassinated him politically, he'd be sitting in the oval office, but she did and we got Trump for the effort.

I doubt he will run again at his age and he is in the senate focusing on the things his state elected him to do. Let him finish his career in peace.

Someone else was flirting with the Russians back then too. How many votes did she take from Hillary? (I say that because a green voter would never vote for Trump!)

170405-putin-flynn-dinner-jhc-1700_ae6b4cdd270c7a7f3720c0df3b07f9fb.fit-2000w.jpg

A lot of third party candidates have long ties to Russia just take a look at the Paul's.

Bernie is a little crazy. He's harmless. If Hillary hadn't assassinated him politically, he'd be sitting in the oval office, but she did and we got Trump for the effort.

UH? Bernie would have had to face Trump. I don't see that working out in his favor. Trump had and will always have more momentum than Bernie Sanders.

UH? Bernie would have had to face Trump. I don't see that working out in his favor. Trump had and will always have more momentum than Bernie Sanders.

As someone who doesn't fit the "Trumpster" title, I'm surprised you don't agree with me. Trumps momentum and slim taking of the electoral college his hugely due to the disgust a very large portion of Americans feel for Hillary. They either didn't vote or voted against her. By comparison, Bernie came skating through seeming like a harmless old man who it was easy to like. Nevermind how far out his policies were. He even won my wife over in the primaries.

As someone who doesn't fit the "Trumpster" title, I'm surprised you don't agree with me. Trumps momentum and slim taking of the electoral college his hugely due to the disgust a very large portion of Americans feel for Hillary. They either didn't vote or voted against her. By comparison, Bernie came skating through seeming like a harmless old man who it was easy to like. Nevermind how far out his policies were. He even won my wife over in the primaries.

Bernie Sanders has no "creative" messaging. He can't go off script and I hate politicians who can't. He just says the same thing over and over again. His social media sucks. His media game is extremely poor. Despite his attempts at becoming a cable talk show host after the election.

Donald Trump is an expert in all of that. He has been all his life. Trump would have crushed Sanders.

Bernie Sanders has no "creative" messaging. He can't go off script and I hate politicians who can't. He just says the same thing over and over again. His social media sucks. His media game is extremely poor. Despite his attempts at becoming a cable talk show host after the election.

Donald Trump is an expert in all of that. He has been all his life. Trump would have crushed Sanders.

I think it's too hypothetical for us to hit a consensus here and could be a very long debate. I totally see your point and think it's valid. I'm gonna just agree to disagree rather than get into who might have won 2016 in a different world.

I think it's too hypothetical for us to hit a consensus here and could be a very long debate. I totally see your point and think it's valid. I'm gonna just agree to disagree rather than get into who might have won 2016 in a different world.

Then I think this is probably the best exchange I have had on here since 2016.

I agree here with a number of points you made.

1. What I found odd was the number of anti-establishment conservatives who backed Bernie Sanders because "of how he was treated," by the establishment. They seemed more upset by the supposed corruption of the DNC rather than the policies he supported which are supposed to be what they get upset about.

2. I am no bernie sanders fan. I think he is far too left and lacking in smart policy goals. He doesn't have the temperament to run this country, and is way, way too old.

3. Bernie Sanders should join the Democrats.

However, I think most of the political landscape sees Bernie Sanders as someone of little to no power whatsoever. That was his downfall. He was never going to break up the Clinton Machine. Bernie Sanders did primary well considering that he was up against the most politically connected super democrat of all time. And this I suspect made it even better for the cons to align with some of bernie's message. However, Sanders himself seemed overwhelmed with the support he was getting. It never really seemed like he wanted it. I have actually never even heard him utter the words, "feel the burn."

If you want to look at someone who actually wanted the long run to work out in the end, I would look at interviews John Kasich gave right before he dropped out. Kasich actually got a few bumps in popularity for listening to people and hearing them out. Whatever their problems may have been. So staying on message for Sanders and not talking about other human things, hurt him in my book. I know almost nothing about him as a person.

This whole post is opinionated...Don't agree...

1. How do you perceive this? I don't know any conservatives of any type that supported Bernie. It was 99% Independent and Dems. Sanders didn't "really" want it? What?
2. Lack smart policy goals? Affordable education, healthcare, prescription drugs are not smart policy goals? Wanting infrastructure is not smart? What particular policy do you disagree with? Temperament? Really? Come on now...
3.Bernie is right where he should be...

You're making me out to look like a huge Bernie fan, which I don't consider myself, but I do like him. However, I would vote for Kasich over Sanders I just don't agree with your opinions. Sanders is genuine and does want the best for the American people. There is a reason why he is the most popular politician in D.C.

This is your opinion....Again I disagree. Bernie had a TON of momentum not sure what primary you were watching.

Then I think this is probably the best exchange I have had on here since 2016.

It's certainly a treat to meet folks who don't have to attack or defend every point to death and especially when they are truly willing to debate rather than sing a party line.

Again, your opinion. Again, I disagree...His messaging is what makes him the most popular politician in Washington right now. Can't go off script? Have you seen his town halls or debates? You are way off on your own little island with far right conservatives with this one...

1. This whole post is opinionated.

2. You're making me out to look like a huge Bernie fan.

3. Lack smart policy goals? Affordable education, healthcare, prescription drugs are not smart policy goals? Wanting infrastructure is not smart? What particular policy do you disagree with? Temperament? Really? Come on now...

1. Yes it is...:roll:

2. Um...this is your first post on this thread.

3. He has no plans on how to implement them. He's just using the buzzwords.

Again, your opinion. Again, I disagree...His messaging is what makes him the most popular politician in Washington right now. Can't go off script? Have you seen his town halls or debates? You are way off on your own little island with far right conservatives with this one...

I'm actually inclined to agree with this point. Every time I see Bernie deal with folks who question or debate him, I lose the impression of the friendly dad figure. He gets cranky and has trouble finding his points. I'd like to back this up with vids, but it's late and I'm very tired. I will remember to look in the morning. It's more of an impression though. He is charming when giving a speech. Less so when he is in a debate situation.

Back
Top Bottom