• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bernie Sanders apologizes to women who allege sexist treatment during his 2016 presidential campaign

joko104

Banned
Suspended
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
[FONT=&quot]Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders told CNN on Wednesday night that he did not know about sexual harassment and pay disparity allegations during his 2016 presidential campaign.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Allegations from multiple women who worked on Sanders' campaign surfaced Wednesday in the New York Times. Former supporters told the Times that his campaign did not adequately address incidents of sexual harassment, sexist mistreatment and pay disparities between men and women. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]On CNN, Sanders apologized to "any woman who feels like she was not treated appropriately." When asked if he had been aware of the complaints, Sanders said, "I was little bit busy running around the country trying to make the case (to be elected as president)." [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The allegations and his perceived failure to rectify the issues, female campaign workers told the Times, bring into question whether he can fight for women's interests if he again seeks the presidency.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...dential-campaign/ar-BBRK0u7?OCID=ansmsnnews11

- - - - -

The Sander's campaign involved sexual harassment, sexist mistreatment and pay disparities between men and women. He should immediately resign from the US Senate.

[/FONT]

The Sander's campaign involved sexual harassment, sexist mistreatment and pay disparities between men and women. He should immediately resign from the US Senate.

Considering that any guilt on his part is minimal at best, that he's apologized for the actions of those who were actually responsible, and that the right would never hold any of their politicians responsible for something like this, hell no he won't be resigning. Bernie has been fighting his entire life for women's rights.

Nice try, but this is purely about Republicans trying to get rid of a politician they're terrified of. If you're not holding Donald responsible for the dozens of treasonous federal crimes his campaign committed we certainly won't be doing it for this nonsense.

Last edited:
Considering that any guilt on his part is minimal at best, that he's apologized for the actions of those who were actually responsible, and that the right would never hold any of their politicians responsible for something like this, hell no he won't be resigning. Bernie has been fighting his entire life for women's rights.

Nice try, but this is purely about Republicans trying to get rid of a politician they're terrified of. If you're not holding Donald responsible for the dozens of treasonous federal crimes his campaign committed we certainly won't be doing it for this nonsense.

Are you kidding me? That (bolded above) is a ridiculous claim - how many republicants do you suppose were on Bernie's campaign staff and are thus either complaining of being harassed or underpaid or had perpetrated those alleged wrongs? Since Bernie is apologizing for those actions then that is fairly substantial evidence that such actions did, in fact, occur.

[FONT="][SIZE=2]Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders [URL="https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/02/politics/sanders-sexual-harassment-ac360-cnntv/index.html"]told CNN[/URL] on Wednesday night that he did not know about sexual harassment and pay disparity allegations during his 2016 presidential campaign.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT="][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333][FONT="]Allegations from multiple women who worked on Sanders' campaign surfaced Wednesday in the New York Times. Former supporters told the Times that his campaign did not adequately address incidents of sexual harassment, sexist mistreatment and pay disparities between men and women. [/FONT]

[FONT="][SIZE=2]On CNN, Sanders apologized to "any woman who feels like she was not treated appropriately." When asked if he had been aware of the complaints, Sanders said, "I was little bit busy running around the country trying to make the case (to be elected as president)." [/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333][FONT="]The allegations and his perceived failure to rectify the issues, female campaign workers told the Times, bring into question whether he can fight for women's interests if he again seeks the presidency.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...dential-campaign/ar-BBRK0u7?OCID=ansmsnnews11

- - - - -

[/FONT]

#metoo didn't mean #oneofours.

Last edited:
"The buck stops here". - President Harry S. Truman.

OM

Discrimination against women is standard practice for Democrats in Congress and federal positions. Hilary Clinton paid female staffers much less too.

I watched this live. It seemed sincere, contrite, and reasonable. Bernie has always struck me as genuine and heartfelt, and I saw nothing of change in his apology.

Are you kidding me? That (bolded above) is a ridiculous claim - how many republicants do you suppose were on Bernie's campaign staff and are thus either complaining of being harassed or underpaid or had perpetrated those alleged wrongs? Since Bernie is apologizing for those actions then that is fairly substantial evidence that such actions did, in fact, occur.

In todays' world Jeff Bezos is directly responsible for the behavior of everyone of his employees. He should have resigned thousands of times.

"The buck stops here". - President Harry S. Truman.

OM

When the right applies that to Trump, let us know. Because Trump blames everyone else besides himself.

When the right applies that to Trump, let us know. Because Trump blames everyone else besides himself.

"Trump is a nincompoop". -Me

OM

No, I didn't say it was operatives in his campaign from the right, I'm saying the clowns trying to make this an issue are Republicans who are afraid of Bernie and what he represents. The tactics are wholly transparent and will be rejected accordingly.

No, I didn't say it was operatives in his campaign from the right, I'm saying the clowns trying to make this an issue are Republicans who are afraid of Bernie and what he represents. The tactics are wholly transparent and will be rejected accordingly.

Sexual harassment and gender pay inequality (discrimination?) are hardly republicant issues (talking points?). If anything, I would expect the establishment demorats to be worried about far left outsiders, like Bernie, reducing the support for their more moderate (mainstream?) candidates who would stand a much better chance of winning in the general election. I expected one of two things to happen to lessen the damage to moderate (mainstream?) demorat candidates running in the DNC POTUS primaries - to try discredit those like Bernie or to offer up more farther left candidates to cause the far left vote to be split (fairy evenly) among them.

They'd do it with any D.

The pattern is undeniable and obvious no matter what kind of show of objective protest one of these people puts on on DP. Every single ****ing time someone on a left is accused, they start caring about sex offenses, demand resignations, etc. And every single time someone on the right is accused, they claim that the woman is conspiring with the left to make up horrible false accusations.

Some of us are sick of watching the vile hypocrisy involved in people pretending to care about sexual harassment only when a Dem is accused just so they can use it as an attack.

It has nothing to do with Republicans having to be on his staff. It has to do with constant demands from various sources on the right that some politician on the left must fall on his sword at once, couple with their tireless and dishonest defense of any person on the right similarly accused.

Whatever. The only people at this point who have standing to talk about Bernie having to resign are those people on the left who do not automatically make up conspiracy theories to defend accused left-wingers, like Weinstein, Franken, etc.

They'd do it with any D.

The pattern is undeniable and obvious no matter what kind of show of objective protest one of these people puts on on DP. Every single ****ing time someone on a left is accused, they start caring about sex offenses, demand resignations, etc. And every single time someone on the right is accused, they claim that the woman is conspiring with the left to make up horrible false accusations.

Some of us are sick of watching the vile hypocrisy involved in people pretending to care about sexual harassment only when a Dem is accused just so they can use it as an attack.

It has nothing to do with Republicans having to be on his staff. It has to do with constant demands from various sources on the right that some politician on the left must fall on his sword at once, couple with their tireless and dishonest defense of any person on the right similarly accused.

Whatever. The only people at this point who have standing to talk about Bernie having to resign are those people on the left who do not automatically make up conspiracy theories to defend accused left-wingers, like Weinstein, Franken, etc.

Link to any message you posted calling for Franken's resignation to prove what you claim.

Back
Top Bottom