• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Bernie Not Dropping Out

Well, it's not his party. He's an independent, like Ralph Nader. He is following in Nader's footsteps. It's sad to watch. He's let his ego get control of his better judgment. He's basking in the national limelight and loving it. He just can't let go, poor guy.

I hope he acknowledges reality soon, before he ruins his reputation, like Nader did.

So you are saying the man is selfish because he doesn't want to bow out and hand the nomination to the most unqualified person running?
I beg to differ. Out of all the candidates, he is the only one not concerned with his own ego.
Hillary doesn't give a rip about the American people. She wants the throne she thinks she deserves for standing by her womanizing rapist husband.
The clown on the other hand is either looking for a notch in his belt or trying to insure Hillary's coronation, the American people be damned.

From a certain perspective, he is factually correct. She has more governmental experience than any of those on your list, when they took office.

ah, no

I haven't heard that at all. Even Hillary says he needs time. I have confidence that he will do the right thing when he is ready. Some media may be trying to stir up trouble to help Trump but that is all. Hillary herself took some time to endorse Obama in 2008 but then she went all in. Sanders will do the same.

She dropped her campaign, when it became clear Obama would be the nominee. Most party members defer to the leader, when it becomes obvious. Sanders is a little different in that he's not a member of the Democratic Party. He's an independent who caucuses with the Dems. So he has no party loyalty. And he has some money left. And he's enjoying a national spotlight for the first time in his long governmental career. It's hard to let go, when you have money and a group of people egging you on.

I just hope he drops soon before he embarrasses himself or damages his reputation. At some point, it's comical when a person refuses to admit that gravity exists, when everyone else knows it is so.

She dropped her campaign, when it became clear Obama would be the nominee. Most party members defer to the leader, when it becomes obvious. Sanders is a little different in that he's not a member of the Democratic Party. He's an independent who caucuses with the Dems. So he has no party loyalty. And he has some money left. And he's enjoying a national spotlight for the first time in his long governmental career. It's hard to let go, when you have money and a group of people egging you on.

I just hope he drops soon before he embarrasses himself or damages his reputation. At some point, it's comical when a person refuses to admit that gravity exists, when everyone else knows it is so.

I'm lost as to the reason you think Bernie staying in will result in him "embarrassing himself or damage his reputation", how do you come to that conclusion? Many think it would be more embarrassing and damaging if he were to endorse Hillary Clinton, she is the perfect example of what his message is against.

So you are saying the man is selfish because he doesn't want to bow out and hand the nomination to the most unqualified person running?
I beg to differ. Out of all the candidates, he is the only one not concerned with his own ego.
Hillary doesn't give a rip about the American people. She wants the throne she thinks she deserves for standing by her womanizing rapist husband.
The clown on the other hand is either looking for a notch in his belt or trying to insure Hillary's coronation, the American people be damned.

1. I didn't say he was being selfish. I said it's unfortunate his ego has gotten control of his better judgment.

2. He is not handing over anything. He has lost.

3. There is no point in continuing a campaign, when one has lost, except for ego. He's been in govt for decades. This is thefirst time he's gotten a group of avid supporters nationally and has been in the national spotlight to this extent. He also has some money left, and a group of supporters that likewise can't accept the fact that he has lost. All these things are conspiring for the poor man to make an unwise decision to stay in and milk it, even though he has lost. Just like Ralph Nader did. We've seen this before. Fame and money does a number on people's heads.

I'm lost as to the reason you think Bernie staying in will result in him "embarrassing himself or damage his reputation", how do you come to that conclusion? Many think it would be more embarrassing and damaging if he were to endorse Hillary Clinton, she is the perfect example of what his message is against.

Because we've seen it before. It's sad to see someone pursuing something that has been lost. It would damage his reputation. He'll drop out, since he has lost and will run out of money. I just hope it's before he makes a fool of himself, like Kucinich and Nader, since he's a nice guy.

He's not a member of the Democratic Party, so it's possible he may not endorse Clinton. It doesn't matter, in the end.

Because we've seen it before. It's sad to see someone pursuing something that has been lost. It would damage his reputation. He'll drop out, since he has lost and will run out of money. I just hope it's before he makes a fool of himself, like Kucinich and Nader, since he's a nice guy.

He's not a member of the Democratic Party, so it's possible he may not endorse Clinton. It doesn't matter, in the end.

Yes but he has a legitimate and substantial following and message that is a major cloud over this entire election. I was not around during the Kucinich and Nader era but i have to assume Bernie's campaign is unlike theirs. Did they get millions of people to average $27 donations to fund their campaign? Did they get 15k-30k crowds to come see them speak? Was their message to get money out politics? Were they running against a person who is under federal investigation?

Bernie's campaign has not been lost. Hillary is celebrating prematurely and the establishment is trying their best to hand her the nomination and the presidency meanwhile ignoring the will of the people. Even if she wins the whole thing there will be hell to pay and the country may literally revolt.

He is also left with the dilemma that he has pledged to support Hillary from the start but his handlers kept upping the attacks on her in desperation when they saw they didn't have the votes. Now his supporters are confused as to why he is now supporting her. The truth is they are not very far apart and Hillary would gladly sign any legislation Bernie's people are able to pass in Congress. That is where they need to turn their attention. Not a fight over semantics that are meaningless without the legislation to back it up. Pass a UHC bill and tax increases on the middle class thru both Houses before you complain that Hillary is the problem and threaten to vote for Trump. Some of Bernies people seem to be clueless as to who the enemy is. Hint: It is not Hillary.

Last edited:
Bernie's campaign has not been lost. Hillary is celebrating prematurely and the establishment is trying their best to hand her the nomination and the presidency meanwhile ignoring the will of the people.

The will of the people is clear: Hillary has won the nomination handily. Because she got millions more votes than he did.

The will of the people is clear: Hillary has won the nomination handily. Because she got millions more votes than he did.
Exactly. She won more votes, more states, and more pledged delegates. The only way Bernie could possibly win is if superdelegates went AGAINST the will of the voters and voted for Bernie en masse. Didn't Sanders make the argument superdelegates should vote with the will of the people? Do he and his supporters suddenly embrace superdelegagtes if such undemocratic means can achieve their ends? Either Bernie wins because superdelegates all decide to go against the will of the people (not going to happen btw) and he and his supporters are forever remembered as hypocrites, or Hillary wins because she is who the voters have chosen.

Voter suppression laws in the primary has a lot to do with that.

Voter suppression laws in the primary has a lot to do with that.

What voter suppression laws are those? Has there been some concerted effort to suppress the young, white, male vote and I just didn't hear about it?

What voter suppression laws are those? Has there been some concerted effort to suppress the young, white, male vote and I just didn't hear about it?

Rules may have been a better term...you know, independents largely not being able to vote in the primaries and all.

Back
Top Bottom