• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[R.I.P.] Bernie Madoff dies in prison

A few people committed suicide because they lost everything because of his scheme... His own son committed suicide from the shame of what his father did..

People got hurt..

Who cares? Suicide is a personal choice. He is not responsible for any of those.

In the big picture someone like him does far more damage to society than a low level violent offender.

Is punishment of a criminal supposed to be for the "damage to society"?

He should never have been in prison. Non violent criminals should not go to prison.
Geez.... is that a support for "the continuation of Savagery of any type"... just because it was not done by acts of violence?

Is punishment of a criminal supposed to be for the "damage to society"?
Greater the damage to more people should equal greater punishment for the criminal.
The scope of the lives ruined by Madoff far exceed a single act of robbery.

Ponzi Schemes are not new. A promise of substantial return and little risk is the MO and participants are actively engaging in the deceit to the detriment of later investors.
No one said Ponzi schemes were new. You are asserting that the investors KNEW it was a Ponzi scheme. I disagree. I don't see anywhere that Madoff promised "substantial return and little risk." What he did was falsify statements.

I wonder if he died or was helped, like Epstein in his "suicide"? In any case, it seems to me, that the countries that have shown such concern for Navalny in Russia, should also take an interest in this issue or just immediately declare sanctions against the US.
It's only logical...

Back
Top Bottom