• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bernie goldburg tells it how it is

tererun

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
One of the big right wing guys who loves to go on the O'rielly show and spouit his conservative point of view has written an article about the radical right fundamentalists who do not want free speach or debate, but who really just want confirmation of their beliefs and are not willing to listen to anyone who disagrees with them even if it comes from him who is one of the big conservative philosophy people out there. He even goes as far as to call them ayatollahs and compare them to the left fundamentalists.

An Open Letter to the Ayatollahs

But what I’ve learned is that while many of you claim to respect people in the public eye who stand up for their views, no matter how unpopular, what you really mean is you respect people in the public eye who stand up for your views. What I’ve learned reading your comments over several years now is that many of you only want your views validated. Nothing else is good enough. You don’t simply disagree with the other guy. You don’t want to even hear the other guy. You want the other guy dead (in some cases, I suspect, literally dead!). So this feel-good nonsense that you spout – that you admire people who stand on principle – is just something you say to make yourself feel good — about yourself. But you don’t mean it. Like the other ayatollahs, reasoned dissent scares you. You talk tough. But you’re weak.

This is not the left wing anymore saying the right wing ignorant obstinant dolts are this way, but now even the people who are important in their movement and on their propaganda machine are telling them to STFU and grow a brain.

One of the big right wing guys who loves to go on the O'rielly show and spouit his conservative point of view has written an article about the radical right fundamentalists who do not want free speach or debate, but who really just want confirmation of their beliefs and are not willing to listen to anyone who disagrees with them even if it comes from him who is one of the big conservative philosophy people out there. He even goes as far as to call them ayatollahs and compare them to the left fundamentalists.

An Open Letter to the Ayatollahs

This is not the left wing anymore saying the right wing ignorant obstinant dolts are this way, but now even the people who are important in their movement and on their propaganda machine are telling them to STFU and grow a brain.

Another person in the media wanting to be talked about. Big whoop.

Uh, I think you missed this comment:

Try this sampling (with bad spelling and bad grammar left intact) from those of you angry conservatives who are no better than angry closed-minded liberals...

By this metric isn't he also saying 'angry closed-minded liberals' should 'STFU and grow a brain' similarly? (your words)

good find...;)

Uh, I think you missed this comment:

By this metric isn't he also saying 'angry closed-minded liberals' should 'STFU and grow a brain' similarly? (your words)

good find...;)

Always trying to pretend it is not you who they are talking about and to pass the blame off on someone else. It is a good deflection tactic, but you are ignoring the finger pointing at you from one of your heroes.

Always trying to pretend it is not you who they are talking about and to pass the blame off on someone else. It is a good deflection tactic, but you are ignoring the finger pointing at you from one of your heroes.

You presume I 'respect people in the public eye who stand up for your views' or only want your views validated. Nothing else is good enough. You don’t simply disagree with the other guy. You don’t want to even hear the other guy. You want the other guy dead...? If so you're wrong. My views are way to complex for any one 'talking head' to validate. Further I cherish opposing views as it give me insight into the human condition and allows me to reflect on both my strengths and weaknesses.

ps. YOUR deflection tactic noted...ironically

If you think he's referring to anything other than a specific set of "right-wingers" who did something very much in particular -- if you think he's referring to everyone on the right -- then your reading skills are piss-poor.

You presume I 'respect people in the public eye who stand up for your views' or only want your views validated. Nothing else is good enough. You don’t simply disagree with the other guy. You don’t want to even hear the other guy. You want the other guy dead...? If so you're wrong. My views are way to complex for any one 'talking head' to validate. Further I cherish opposing views as it give me insight into the human condition and allows me to reflect on both my strengths and weaknesses.

ps. YOUR deflection tactic noted...ironically

He seems to know what you guys are about. I am not terribly surprised the people he is complaining about do not see it. It would require the collapse of their established delusions and admitting they were wrong. But the right wing is getting what they deserved when they chased down the lunatic fringe to be their base.

If you think he's referring to anything other than a specific set of "right-wingers" who did something very much in particular -- if you think he's referring to everyone on the right -- then your reading skills are piss-poor.

Trust me, he has the radical right pretty much pegged and it is amusing that even their handlers are turning on them.

He seems to know what you guys are about. I am not terribly surprised the people he is complaining about do not see it. It would require the collapse of their established delusions and admitting they were wrong. But the right wing is getting what they deserved when they chased down the lunatic fringe to be their base.

You're right...keep believing that as it will make live much more interesting!

I for one realize there's a difference between mainstream conservatives and the frothing-at-the-mouth nutbags that constitute the Tea Party. And yeah, Bernie Goldberg is normally a shill for the right (read his books, which are general unabashed hit pieces on the "liberal" media), but even he has his pragmatic and moderate side.

The biggest critic, from the radical right, of Bernie's statement has been Fox News' Eric Bolling, a festering pustule of right wing hate, who has dropped such steaming deuces on us as Obama should be more like professional smear merchant Roger Ailes, fast food strikes are an assault on the free market, citing repeatedly debunked Benghazi fiction as if it were incontrovertible fact, suggesting that anyone who opposes CCW laws (which I don't btw), should maybe consider just leaving the country, allowing girls to participate in sports with boys "wussifies" men, bring up more stupid red herrings about Benghazi, and a host of other insane nonsense.

Given that Bolling is the guy chirping at Goldberg, I think Bernie might be onto something here.

I for one realize there's a difference between mainstream conservatives and the frothing-at-the-mouth nutbags that constitute the Tea Party. And yeah, Bernie Goldberg is normally a shill for the right (read his books, which are general unabashed hit pieces on the "liberal" media), but even he has his pragmatic and moderate side.

The biggest critic, from the radical right, of Bernie's statement has been Fox News' Eric Bolling, a festering pustule of right wing hate, who has dropped such steaming deuces on us as Obama should be more like professional smear merchant Roger Ailes, fast food strikes are an assault on the free market, citing repeatedly debunked Benghazi fiction as if it were incontrovertible fact, suggesting that anyone who opposes CCW laws (which I don't btw), should maybe consider just leaving the country, allowing girls to participate in sports with boys "wussifies" men, bring up more stupid red herrings about Benghazi, and a host of other insane nonsense.

Given that Bolling is the guy chirping at Goldberg, I think Bernie might be onto something here.
What is absolutely hilarious here is that the both of you believe Goldberg [ that is for tereran] when he agrees with you, but, as he states in the article: "the ones who say you agree with what I write... but as soon as I fall out of lock step with you … "

So Bernie is only right when he agrees with you. The fact of the matter is he has exposed your side for what it had for decades tried to hide in the MSM, that your side gives off the vibe that they are straight down the middle even-handed when they are anything but, they are 80% voting for liberals and standing for liberal arguments...and they give this even-handedness to us all in such a paternalistic manner, an elitist style... but Goldberg exposed all that...

And tererun, so so wrong about any wild claims about the lunatic fringe being the base of the conservative movement, unless you are calling the Founders and Framers lunatics...

The un-captioned photo next to it says what I am thinking of y'alls posts here... SORRY Mind Closed Until Further Notice.

What is absolutely hilarious here is that the both of you believe Goldberg [ that is for tereran] when he agrees with you, but, as he states in the article: "the ones who say you agree with what I write... but as soon as I fall out of lock step with you … "

So Bernie is only right when he agrees with you. The fact of the matter is he has exposed your side for what it had for decades tried to hide in the MSM, that your side gives off the vibe that they are straight down the middle even-handed when they are anything but, they are 80% voting for liberals and standing for liberal arguments...and they give this even-handedness to us all in such a paternalistic manner, an elitist style... but Goldberg exposed all that...

And tererun, so so wrong about any wild claims about the lunatic fringe being the base of the conservative movement, unless you are calling the Founders and Framers lunatics...

The un-captioned photo next to it says what I am thinking of y'alls posts here... SORRY Mind Closed Until Further Notice.

Someone is unfamiliar with the idea of the stopped clock.

So it is somehow cognitive dissonance for me to think Goldberg is completely full of brown stuff when he claims X media personality is "liberally biased," but is also right when he says guys like Eric Bolling are not doing the conservative cause any favors by being unrepentant jackasses? There is no nuance in Conservauniverse, is there?

I don't think Goldberg is wrong all the time. I don't think O'Reilly is wrong all the time. Even Glen Beck has had his moments of lucidity. I don't think Sean Hannity is ... OK, that's not true. Sean Hannity is completely wrong, all the time.

Don't project your rigid ideological viewpoint on me.

Trust me, he has the radical right pretty much pegged and it is amusing that even their handlers are turning on them.

Then your reading skills really are that poor. :shrug:

yeah, he is agreeing with us. We are perfectly capable of taking his words and evaluating them for ourselves. We do not have to accept everything he says.

People ask me for advice from time to time.

When they do, I ask them "do you want advice or affirmation". Invariably, they want affirmation (and a loan). The only people who ever actually want ADVICE are cat people who actually want to know what to do. The ones seeking "business advice" (despite my 40 years of business experience) just want AFFIRMATION for their idiotic business ideas where they can be CEO and they'll hire a "manager".

Humans. Proof positive that evolution is a failure.

No I am pretty sure you have a gigantic blind spot.

He said what he said, which is not as you describe it. So no, I'm not the one with a "gigantic blind spot," not that your comprehension of the article would qualify you to identify any such thing.

Humans. Proof positive that evolution is a failure.

Humans are surviving in abundant numbers in many diverse environments with no danger of extinction, while remaining at the top of the food chain, so evolution did just fine.

He said what he said, which is not as you describe it. So no, I'm not the one with a "gigantic blind spot," not that your comprehension of the article would qualify you to identify any such thing.

You are missing it and that is all I can tell you. I cannot do anything more. Feel free to miss it.

You are missing it and that is all I can tell you. I cannot do anything more. Feel free to miss it.

I'm not required to acknowledge as "fact" that which you pull out of your ass.

I'm not required to acknowledge as "fact" that which you pull out of your ass.

Not only do you not see it, but you are halucinating things also. I really cannot help with that. I can only tell you that you are wrong.

Not only do you not see it, but you are halucinating things also. I really cannot help with that. I can only tell you that you are wrong.

:roll: You have a fantastic day.

Humans are surviving in abundant numbers in many diverse environments with no danger of extinction, while remaining at the top of the food chain, so evolution did just fine.

So are insects.

Back
Top Bottom