• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bernie calls for vote on BBB, and smaller bill if needed. He's right.

$100b a year for ten years is quite doable.

Your feigned panic attack is laughable.
We need the money to pay the interest on the public debt which was 413 billion for the fiscal year 2021.
How do you think the government will control inflation? That's right, spend more money. LOL

That's ridiculous. D's are for voting rights because they advocate for them, and wrote strong bills for them, and passed them in the House, and 48 of 50 Democratic Senators support them enough to override the filibuster to pass them, and they're a top Biden priority. Not having enough Democrats elected doesn't mean Democrats are not for what they lack the votes to pass. Two bad Democrats don't represent the party.
They didn't get it done. You can sit there wrapped in your warm fuzzy feelings, but voters, in particular voters of color see no movement. D's protected voting to the same level R's protected voting. President Biden didn't tell them he'd try to have their backs, he said he would have their backs. A 2022 campaign shouting that we are the party in favor of voting rights when nothing has happened to improve them (still have my fingers crossed) will not result in D majorities.

The military bill was for one year. The BBB amount was for 10 years. But the fact you ask makes another point, how effective propaganda attacks on BBB were by using the 10 year figure to make it sound like massive spending.

That is fair. I hadn't considered the ten year part.

At my pay scale, $1.9T is indeed massive. I guess it's a matter of prospective.

Too much pork and special interest in every bill regardless of the party who initiates it.

They all seem to benefit corporations far more than the average American.

Demonstrably false.

Pharmaceutical Industry so I heard on radio news quite recently has more than 500 lobbyists on capitol hill and other parts of the health care industry have at least 5 lobbyists per elected official on capitol hill. All of which is funded by we the consumers ultimately. Yes annual health increases sometimes double digits.

The military bill was for one year. The BBB amount was for 10 years. But the fact you ask makes another point, how effective propaganda attacks on BBB were by using the 10 year figure to make it sound like massive spending.
Excellent revelation = one which was not being highlighted through many news organizations.

At my pay scale, $1.9T is indeed massive. I guess it's a matter of prospective.

Massive when you consider it's the main benefit for the American people if passed, the biggest help this century, in relation to billionaires' wealth going up from $8 trillion to $13 trillion during the pandemic, or as I said compared to the military budget - not so massive. Look at what it would do to help the American people and compare it to the economy. And it didn't raise taxes under $400,000 or increase the debt.

They didn't get it done. You can sit there wrapped in your warm fuzzy feelings, but voters, in particular voters of color see no movement. D's protected voting to the same level R's protected voting. President Biden didn't tell them he'd try to have their backs, he said he would have their backs. A 2022 campaign shouting that we are the party in favor of voting rights when nothing has happened to improve them (still have my fingers crossed) will not result in D majorities.
So what? You didn't get Putin to back off Ukraine, so I guess you are not against Putin invading Ukraine. They can only do so much when they don't have enough votes. Biden fighting for a policy and not having the votes is not Biden not 'having their backs'. You are promoting disinformation in this case and it' crazy implying they might as well elect Republicans if the Democrats didn't have enough seats.

So what? You didn't get Putin to back off Ukraine, so I guess you are not against Putin invading Ukraine. They can only do so much when they don't have enough votes. Biden fighting for a policy and not having the votes is not Biden not 'having their backs'. You are promoting disinformation in this case and it' crazy implying they might as well elect Republicans if the Democrats didn't have enough seats.
Standing ovation !!!!!!!

Realpolitik is not what you get done, it's what the voters believe you should have gotten done. It's only disinformation in your narrow view.

Realpolitik is not what you get done, it's what the voters believe you should have gotten done. It's only disinformation in your narrow view.
You should be ashamed not having stopped Putin's threatening Ukraine.

You sure like being wrong. A big part of big pharma profits is because Republicans PASSED a ban on Medicare negotiating drug prices at all under Bush with Medicare Part D - a corrupt giveaway of hundreds of billions a year to big pharma because the industry was the #1 Republican donor at the time.

It did not cause 'every Republican to vote against it', and they did not get voted out because of it. All they had to do was yell things like 'terrorism' and 'gay marriage' and 'guns', just as now all they have to do is yell 'BLM' and 'CRT' and 'guns' and 'immigrants' and whatever.

Progressives are strongly against the corruption with big pharma. There is a clear choice.

Wrong. Democrats ARE, and especially the progressives who got the rest of the party to support far more FOR THE PEOPLE.
1642897782952.png

Back
Top Bottom