• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bernie 2024 rumors

Winston

Advanced stage dementia patient pls support my run
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

Bernie, since his campaign in 2016 has been the obvious choice for a candidate. He has the correct policy platform to face the world as we know it today. And he has the credibility to show he’s not just paying lip service to transforming DC and our politics. Bernie is the real deal. Trump was never serious about changing things. He was a fraud. Trump’s politics were an odd melange of conflicting ideologies anyway. And he never meant what he said about fighting corruption. Bernie did and he would. If he runs again he’ll have my full support for the third time.

Bernie, since his campaign in 2016 has been the obvious choice for a candidate. He has the correct policy platform to face the world as we know it today. And he has the credibility to show he’s not just paying lip service to transforming DC and our politics. Bernie is the real deal. Trump was never serious about changing things. He was a fraud. Trump’s politics were an odd melange of conflicting ideologies anyway. And he never what he said about fighting corruption. Bernie did and he would. If he runs again he’ll have my full support for the third time.

Sanders has no more business running in 2024 than Biden does. If we need fresh blood, it's neither one of those two.

And before anyone says "not Kamala, either," fine--there are plenty of other choices. Maybe Chris Murphy of Connecticut could throw his hat in the ring.

Sanders has no more business running in 2024 than Biden does. If we need fresh blood, it's neither one of those two.

And before anyone says "not Kamala, either," fine--there are plenty of other choices. Maybe Chris Murphy of Connecticut could throw his hat in the ring.
We need fresh ideas. Bernie has them. Much of the fresh blood in the Dem party are still pushing the same ole incrementalism

Sanders is the only potential candidate who can bring fresh ideas? Literally the only one?
Not the only one no. If someone else were to step up I will support them. And regardless I’m voting D in the general because the GOP is off the rails

Bernie, since his campaign in 2016 has been the obvious choice for a candidate. He has the correct policy platform to face the world as we know it today. And he has the credibility to show he’s not just paying lip service to transforming DC and our politics. Bernie is the real deal. Trump was never serious about changing things. He was a fraud. Trump’s politics were an odd melange of conflicting ideologies anyway. And he never meant what he said about fighting corruption. Bernie did and he would. If he runs again he’ll have my full support for the third time.

I hesitate to share your enthusiasm, since that would mean electing a republican president in 2024, something I fervently want to avoid.

I hope Bernie runs and is successful in the primary. It could very well save our country

If he enters the fray, he will unequivocally have my vote! (y)

He has stayed true to his principles throughout the decades.

How much success has he had changing things in congress? I think he got a post office renamed one time. I can't help that it sounds flippant and sharply dismissive, but... really... what important legislation has he gotten done? Not simply voted for, but y'know, it's his baby?

Why would he have more success as President?

The simple fact of the matter is that his politics are still a great deal father left than most Americans and even most Democrats. It's why he hasn't gotten into the general yet.

There's a further problem: to be successful, his policies would have to be balanced by large ass tax hikes. Now, I do support paying for what we spend. And I want a number of changes that bring us more in line with most European countries in terms of taxation and services. Americans are selfish to the point of self-defeat on taxation. How is he going to get people to agree to pay the taxes required to support his policies? He's not.

I need someone who (1) can beat Trump (who is running again unless he is slain by Ghosts of Big Macs past), (2) can pragmatically move us forward on beneficial policies. I do not want someone who only knows moon shots and never seems to land them.

I would support him of course - he's what our country badly needs, and just by running he improves the campaign a lot. More corporatist candidates have to respond to the points he brings to the campaign and are pressured to take better positions.

Bernie would be an excellent choice for helping dissolve the US into a New World Order.

Isn't that change you America haters can believe in?

Democrats should run Bernie and OAC. Just admit who they are now.
Full blown Marxist.

Democrats should run Bernie and OAC. Just admit who they are now.
Full blown Marxist.
Just a point to quibble with..

Bernie is the compromise candidate between a command economy and a laissez-faire one. He is the happy medium.

Besides we already live in a mixed economy to begin with

Just a point to quibble with..

Bernie is the compromise candidate between a command economy and a laissez-faire one. He is the happy medium.

Besides we already live in a mixed economy to begin with
You’d have to be a card carrying Stalinist to think Bernie is a happy medium.

I want Michael Bennet from Colorado.

Bernie is not old like Biden. Bernie still has fire in the belly. His cabinet choices will also have fire in the belly.
Cabinet choices are important.

Bernie is a quick thinker .......... Bernie was more popular than Biden the DNC is nation problem that has a dirty swamp. The DNC is a mistake.

I will stay with Bernie UNLESS AOC is on the table..........

Bernie is not old like Biden.

Sanders is even older than Joe Biden!

Bernie still has fire in the belly. His cabinet choices will also have fire in the belly.

Bernie is a quick thinker .......... Bernie was more popular than Biden the DNC is nation problem that has a dirty swamp. The DNC is a mistake.

Your issue is with the Democratic base. Listen to them to see why they didn't vote for Sanders.

Bernie is the real deal, that much is true. We need a younger version with just as much integrity. The party doesn't matter to me, that's just wrapping.

Back
Top Bottom