• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Berlin Electronics Fair showcases new technology

Rainman05

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Berlin Electronics Fair showcases new technology | euronews, world news

A quarter of a million gadget enthusiasts have gathered at the 2013 IFA Berlin Consumer Electronics Fair, Europe’s largest consumer electronics show.

Ultra high-definition technology is already dominating the IFA trade fair, along with new ’4K resolution’ television screens, video cameras and compatible phones.

The 4K technology offers four times the resolution of full high-definition (HD).

IFA, one of the oldest industrial exhibitions in Europe, attracts nearly 1,500 companies from all over the world.

Yeah, I kept wanting to go to Berlin for this thing for 2 years now. Guess I'll try again next year. Next year, for sure I'll be there :)
This year it's even bigger than it was last year. Last year was dominated by new laptops, smartphones and such.

You can get a 4K TV at Fry's Electronics, or Best Buy or anywhere really.

I've seen one close up....Meh.

Resolution is something you thinks really important when you're looking to purchase a new TV, and then you realize later that crappy TV with good resolution is still crappy TV.

You can get a 4K TV at Fry's Electronics, or Best Buy or anywhere really.

I've seen one close up....Meh.

Resolution is something you thinks really important when you're looking to purchase a new TV, and then you realize later that crappy TV with good resolution is still crappy TV.

Well, the products shown there are not all "new releases". they are commercially available.

Well, the products shown there are not all
"new releases". they are commercially available.

Oh ok.

Yea I was in Fry's last week picking up a nice bench Weber Soldering Iron and I decided to give the TV's a looksy.

Well I have 3 Sony XBR TV's that are a little old but still awesome TVs and I saw Sony's 4K TV.

It's 4 x times the pixels of 1080 and is being marketed as a No-Pixel Tv....

They were playing Pirates of the Carriebean on Blu-Ray on the thing. Impressive no doubt but not worth the 6k they wanted for the thing.

Back
Top Bottom