• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bereaved Guatemalan mother recalls hopes son would ease U.S. entry

Borders are open and Democrats support it.

And... we see Leftists here complain about government failure, and it does fail spectacularly... pretty much everywhere, yet Democrats want more of it.

Border Security is Job #1, yet Leftists want no part of it. Even communists got walls to work... which bodes well for the US when the Leftist dimwits regain power one day.

Those are Democrat voters crossing the borders.

Yes, let's get things into perspective. This child survived 7 years of extreme poverty in Guatemala and a 2000 mile hazardous journey to the US. But he couldn't survive 6 days in US custody. One of the richest if not the richest country in the world.
Let's get things in perspective his parents subjected him to a long arduous trip where his immune system was tested by unsanitary conditions. At some point he contracted the flu. The Border Patrol did the right thing and took him to the hospital where apparently he was misdiagnosed as having a common cold. I wonder if the ER tested him for the flu? If they did I wonder if they got a False Negative? [Happens 10-20% of the time] Anyway he was treated for a fever and observed 90 minutes then released , presumably after his temp normalized. Anyway he got sicker and was returned to the ER where he eventually dies from.....???? We are sure perhaps the Flu killed him with a cytokine storm or perhaps there is another cause of death that we do not yet know.

The one thing we know for sure is we did not want his father to smuggle him into the US we told them not to come. His parents chose to put him at risk. Lots of kids get the flu typically 30 million American catch the flu and over 3,000 die from flu related illness each year. Its sad but it happens. That is why I get a vaccine each year.

The Border Patrol did the right thing for Felipe and took him to the hospital TWICE.

They are idiots. They could have applied for asylum at any consulate. They drug their son across a continent to pull at heart strings. To add sobs to a phony sob story.

My government told them not to come and that the trip was very dangerous. . They ignored that warning. Why do you want to blame our government. What about personal responsibility? There is no victim here other than the Filipe and Jakelin their parent's poor decisions led to their deaths. Child endangerment.

^ "Pro-life." :thumbdown

Let's get things in perspective his parents subjected him to a long arduous trip where his immune system was tested by unsanitary conditions. At some point he contracted the flu. The Border Patrol did the right thing and took him to the hospital where apparently he was misdiagnosed as having a common cold. I wonder if the ER tested him for the flu? If they did I wonder if they got a False Negative? [Happens 10-20% of the time] Anyway he was treated for a fever and observed 90 minutes then released , presumably after his temp normalized. Anyway he got sicker and was returned to the ER where he eventually dies from.....???? We are sure perhaps the Flu killed him with a cytokine storm or perhaps there is another cause of death that we do not yet know.

The one thing we know for sure is we did not want his father to smuggle him into the US we told them not to come. His parents chose to put him at risk. Lots of kids get the flu typically 30 million American catch the flu and over 3,000 die from flu related illness each year. Its sad but it happens. That is why I get a vaccine each year.

The Border Patrol did the right thing for Felipe and took him to the hospital TWICE.

How about this for some perspective? That boy was in US custody for more than a 130 hours. Over twice as is legally permitted under court order. And it's far more likely that whatever 'unsanitary' conditions he encountered he encountered at one of those remote border detention camps or in a refugee camp in Mexico that people are being forced to live in because our government is breaking the law by refusing to let these migrants enter at legal ports of entry so as to prevent them from exercising their lawful right to file for asylum upon entry. Driving some to take even more desperate and dangerous measures. BTW I have not seen any mention of meningitis being involved here. Think if there was meningitis present we would have heard by now. Don't you?

Even if he contracted it from an american it's still the parents fault. Legal immigrants have to go through a medical evaluation and police clearance before entering the US. You still haven't answered my question. How do you suggest the govt handle migrant children while their asylum applications are being processed?

What do suggest. What it was they did before when they weren't losing any children.

How about this for some perspective? That boy was in US custody for more than a 130 hours. Over twice as is legally permitted under court order. And it's far more likely that whatever 'unsanitary' conditions he encountered he encountered at one of those remote border detention camps or in a refugee camp in Mexico that people are being forced to live in because our government is breaking the law by refusing to let these migrants enter at legal ports of entry so as to prevent them from exercising their lawful right to file for asylum upon entry. Driving some to take even more desperate and dangerous measures. BTW I have not seen any mention of meningitis being involved here. Think if there was meningitis present we would have heard by now. Don't you?
WE ASKED THEM NOT TO COME. They chose to ignore us. I never said he had meningitis ,I said I suspected it . And you have not seen the cause of death from the ME yet either. The tissue slides will have to come back before meningitis can be ruled out. No one knows for sure what killed him yet. I don't know it's MORE likely that he encountered unsanitary conditions in the detention center than they encountered on the road. The detention center was more likely an up grade over conditions they experienced on the road. I saw video of a long line of Porta Potties in Tijuana [ I know these people didn't come from there] as an example opened 2 or 3 doors before he found on he would go into. I can't imagine Filipe encountered better conditions on the road. WE will have to wait for the ME's report.

Last edited:
Let's keep things in perspective.

View attachment 67246861

Democrats seeking illegal voters: Bring your diseased, your impoverished, your criminals and thugs and we will let you in under any of a number of assorted loopholes so you can vote democrat. Try to make it into a sanctuary city before you die, however, if you are very sick when you come here.

I'm against parents endangering their children it's consistent with a pro life view point.

You blame the victim and refuse to hold your government accountable.

SOP for tRump defenders these days.

And your position is decidedly not "pro-life."

Let me get this straight. The Republicans have controlled the government for 2 years, and Trump is been screaming and yelling about closing the border for 2 years? But the Mindless Trump supporters think these refugees and immigrants are coming here because the Democrats are saying is okay? The Democrats have no say in this at all. The mental gymnastics the trumpsters will do to defend Trump is scary and getting more idiotic every single day.

Back
Top Bottom