• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bend over flori-duh, DeSantis is coming.

It seems Orange and Osceola counties may bear the brunt of DeSantis' decision to teach disney a lesson as to what they can and can't say. Heck all of the taxpayers of republican controlled flori-duh may take a hit.

My question, considering taxpayers will bear the brunt of this decision if it passes, do you think the voters were informed? Do you think the voters would approve such a thing if they were informed of the consequences? I can just see it, DeSantis telling his fellow floridians he's gonna' get disney and in the end the voters will be footing the bill for billions. Yeah, I think the average voter would say yes, how about you?
"Gov. Ron DeSantis signed the legislation disbanding the Reedy Creek Improvement District late Friday. But in a statement, Disney says unless the district's debts are paid off, the dissolution can't move forward. The district carries about $1 billion dollars in debt."

Florida has great weather, and is a nice state overall.

That it's fan by right wing fascists...well that's another story.
It just wouldnt be right if a leftist let a thread go by without injecting fascsidiocy into it.

Dude, I'm not a republican. I don't wet my pants when the word taxes are mentioned. Your priorities are not mine. I live in florida, why should I be ranting about california? They pay a helluva' lot more into the federal government than most states, so what's the beef to you?
If you love taxes, why are you whining about paying your fair share?

"Gov. Ron DeSantis signed the legislation disbanding the Reedy Creek Improvement District late Friday. But in a statement, Disney says unless the district's debts are paid off, the dissolution can't move forward. The district carries about $1 billion dollars in debt."

This is not over by a long shot. The celebrating DeSantis is doing today, he'll be eating crow down the road. It's all for show, see how I'm owning the libs. I think some of these folks get a little power drunk and lose all semblance of reasoning. It's all a ploy to keep the base fired up for his presidential run.

This is not over by a long shot. The celebrating DeSantis is doing today, he'll be eating crow down the road. It's all for show, see how I'm owning the libs. I think some of these folks get a little power drunk and lose all semblance of reasoning. It's all a ploy to keep the base fired up for his presidential run.
Couldn't agree more.

Glad to say that when my family got together a few months back to decide where to do our gathering this summer, an almost unanimous call to avoid FL was approved.

I would guess Disney and their resorts are going to require a vastly larger amount of those services and therefore have to pay according.
Florida law says that all residences have to taxed equally.

Oh, and the original charter says that the state of florida is on the hook for any bonds if the district gets dissolved.. so that is a 2 billion dollars florida has to pay.

It seems Orange and Osceola counties may bear the brunt of DeSantis' decision to teach disney a lesson as to what they can and can't say. Heck all of the taxpayers of republican controlled flori-duh may take a hit.

My question, considering taxpayers will bear the brunt of this decision if it passes, do you think the voters were informed? Do you think the voters would approve such a thing if they were informed of the consequences? I can just see it, DeSantis telling his fellow floridians he's gonna' get disney and in the end the voters will be footing the bill for billions. Yeah, I think the average voter would say yes, how about you?

DeSantis is a good man.

He's done more for the country than you ever will and you know it. You have this jealousy thing going on and are having a hissy fit because yoy know that he's done more in his life than you could in 5 lifetimes.

Liberals can't stand opposing opinions and you are the poster child of this.

Couldn't agree more.

Glad to say that when my family got together a few months back to decide where to do our gathering this summer, an almost unanimous call to avoid FL was approved.
Go around the coastline of florida from jacksonville to the pan handle and all you pretty much see is wealth. Go inland a bit and you see a mixture of old florida families with lots of land and even more single wide trailer poverty. The crazy part, most of them are trumpsters. The really poor and the not hurting in life at all folks. That's how good of a con man trump is.

DeSantis is a good man.

He's done more for the country than you ever will and you know it. You have this jealousy thing going on and are having a hissy fit because yoy know that he's done more in his life than you could in 5 lifetimes.

Liberals can't stand opposing opinions and you are the poster child of this.
Have a cup of herbal tea, you'll feel better. Do I owe you anything for your anal ysis?

Nothing is going to happen of consequence. This was a performance. DeSantis needed to trump Abbott’s idiocy.
Over the next cpl years, it will be interesting to see DeSantis and Abbott compete for the mouth-breather wing of the GOP.

Only because you don't get your own way.

Typical Lib meltdowns and you go together.

No, because he's a cheap thug and a ****, and he hates America.

I'm sorry you have chosen to idolize a fascist.

Fascism is shutting down alternate views.

You are one of the one's that DeSantis told to **** off and you can't stand not having your way.

Who's the fascist? Look in the mirror.

Fascism is shutting down alternate views.

You are one of the one's that DeSantis told to **** off and you can't stand not having your way.

Who's the fascist? Look in the mirror.
Shutting down alternative views.

Like using the levers of government to punish the states biggest employer because they have an alternate view to the governor?

That kind of shutting down of alternative views?

Like using the levers of government to punish the states biggest employer because they have an alternate view to the governor?

That's different because let's go Brenda or whatever the **** that was.

Another lie.

Disney chose to enter to political arena and form public opinion.

Something you are unable to grasp mentally.

Isn't it amazing folks that Liberals really hate corporations that don't pay their fair share in taxes and follow the law?

Right up until the fascist left decides that a corporation is on their side..................................and it's all ok now?

Why should you, do you live in florida?

:ROFLMAO:

There ya go folks.

This guy posts routinely about other state's governors and state representatives and then has the balls to question why someone else would question his? WTF? :LOL:

The epitome of fascism. (y)

Another lie.

Disney chose to enter to political arena and form public opinion.

Something you are unable to grasp mentally.
And the governor of Florida used the levers of government to punish them for expressing an alternative view.

By your own admission that is fascism.

Would you be OK with it if the Governor of California punished business who had an alternative view on recent gun control measures?

Is that how you think government should act?

Is that the kind of country you want to live in?

Back
Top Bottom