• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ben & Jerry’s replaces fortune cookies in ‘Lin-Sanity’ flavor after controversy

ludahai

Defender of the Faith
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
link

Ben & Jerry's will take fortune cookies out of its new Jeremy Lin-inspired ice cream flavor after hearing complaints that the ingredient was racist.

This is just 'linsane'.

Jeremy Lin is an American of Taiwanese/Chinese descent from San Francisco. Fortune cookies were *GASP* invented in San Francisco by *GASP* Americans of Chinese descent.

Cut this PC crap already!!! This is getting stupid. First, someone gets fired for the common phrase 'Chink in the Armor' and now this. America has become too PC for its own good.

On the record, I would eat an ice cream flavor called "Transubstantiation" where upon we receive chunks of wafers of similar taste to those given upon communion.

relevance?

Pure awesomeness. Duh.

Are there links to packaging?

Because if it had a funny cone hat man with a basketball munching a fortune cookie they may have had quite a reasonable case.

Was there a watermelon Koolaid Krunch for Kobe bryant?

XD

Last edited:
link

This is just 'linsane'.

Jeremy Lin is an American of Taiwanese/Chinese descent from San Francisco. Fortune cookies were *GASP* invented in San Francisco by *GASP* Americans of Chinese descent.

Cut this PC crap already!!! This is getting stupid. First, someone gets fired for the common phrase 'Chink in the Armor' and now this. America has become too PC for its own good.

Aren't fortune cookies an american invention anyway?

On the record, I would eat an ice cream flavor called "Transubstantiation" where upon we receive chunks of wafers of similar taste to those given upon communion.

It needs red wine too.

Good lord.

Everytime I eat at a Chinese place they give me fortune cookies along with my bill. Are they being racist against themselves?

BTW, I LOVE to eat my fortune cookie with a little ice cream as my dessert...

Good lord.

Everytime I eat at a Chinese place they give me fortune cookies along with my bill. Are they being racist against themselves?

BTW, I LOVE to eat my fortune cookie with a little ice cream as my dessert...

But do they give them to other Chinese people.... who order from the menu.... for
Chinese people?

But do they give them to other Chinese people.... who order from the menu.... for
Chinese people?

I haven't a clue, I was never nosy enough to look at their table and see.

Of course, most of the Asians in my area are either Laotian, Hmong/Other Vietnamese or Korean, rather than actually Chinese.

I haven't a clue, I was never nosy enough to look at their table and see.

Of course, most of the Asians in my area are either Laotian, Hmong/Other Vietnamese or Korean, rather than actually Chinese.

I like taking my time to get help in translating the chinese menu. Best stuff is on there.
As for fortune cookies I have no idea :)

"Oracle Biscuit" ice cream. Coming soon to a Ben and Jerrys near you.

ben and jerry should have named it rinsanity ice cream anyway.

link

This is just 'linsane'.

This is one of the few instances when I agree with conservatives about political correctness. This is not stereotyping Asians or Chinese in any way; Lin is Chinese, so they include something Chinese in the ice cream. Big deal.

Speaking of Ben and Jerry's, I want to try Americone Dream.

Last edited:
This is one of the few instances when I agree with conservatives about political correctness. This is not stereotyping Asians or Chinese in any way; Lin is Chinese, so they include something Chinese in the ice cream. Big deal.

My favorite is cherry garcia yogurt

Actually, he is not Chinese. He is American of Taiwanese/Chinese descent. Fortune cookies aren't Chinese either. They were invented by Americans of Chinese descent. Both Lin and fortune cookies, incidently, are from San Francisco...

Because asian people cannot pronounce the L sound correctly obviously.

That's stupid... His NAME has an 'l' in it. Don't you know the difference between Japanese and Mandarin for goodness sake... Rank ignorance at play here... Mandarin definately has an 'l' sound in it...

That's stupid... His NAME has an 'l' in it. Don't you know the difference between Japanese and Mandarin for goodness sake... Rank ignorance at play here... Mandarin definately has an 'l' sound in it...

dude, calm down, I was joking. I am not racist against any of our yellow friends at all.

relevance?

Sometimes good ideas come from a mixture of relevant cultural food items, except mine was perhaps even more offensive. :mrgreen:

Hell, they ought to be actual blessed wafers. At the very least, it would piss off the Catholic League and it's ass-in-chief Bill Donohue.

link

This is just 'linsane'.

as long as they cut him some royalties he probably doesn't give a damn. he's a professional and endorsements is one of the perks of being a popular professional athlete

its why Ivan Lendl endorsed ben gay and Mcdonalds, and Joe Namath pantyhose

Back
Top Bottom