• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:534] Ben Gurion On The Reaction Of The Arabs To The Creation Of Israel

Well now, Hitler tried telling us Poland started it by murdering Polish border guards and dressing them up in German uniforms. 'See what the dastardly and warmongering Poles did to innocent Germany, trying to defend herself against Polish aggression?'
Emphasis added:

In the months prior to June 1967, tensions became dangerously heightened. Israel reiterated its post-1956 position that the closure of the Straits of Tiran to Israeli shipping would be a cause for war (a casus belli). Egyptian President Gamal Abdel Nasser announced in May that the Straits would be closed to Israeli vessels, and then mobilised Egyptian forces along the border with Israel, ejecting UNEF.[26] On 5 June, Israel launched a series of airstrikes against Egyptian airfields,

You don't get rewrite history to suit you biases.

Emphasis added:

In the months prior to June 1967, tensions became dangerously heightened. Israel reiterated its post-1956 position that the closure of the Straits of Tiran to Israeli shipping would be a cause for war (a casus belli). Egyptian President Gamal Abdel Nasser announced in May that the Straits would be closed to Israeli vessels, and then mobilised Egyptian forces along the border with Israel, ejecting UNEF.[26] On 5 June, Israel launched a series of airstrikes against Egyptian airfields,

Israel fired the first shots.

Emphasis added:

When the phrase "tensions became dangerously heightened" is not explained in a discussion about war it is safe to assume that "the tensions" and not what ever explanation followed were the real cause of the war.

"The tensions": Israel had for months been illegally plowing and planting land in the Syrian DMZ with armored tractors, taunting Syria and retaliating disproportionately when Syrians shot at the tractors. Israel escalated by sending in more armored tractors and plowing up more Syrian land.

Tractors aren't an armored piece of farm equipment. Israel constructed armored tractors specifically to use in plowing up land they had no business farming knowing they could provoke Syria into a war. For some reason farming DMZ land in Syria with armored tractors becomes "tensions became dangerously heightened" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origins_of_the_Six-Day_War

You do not get to rewrite history to suit your biases, either.

When the phrase "tensions became dangerously heightened" is not explained in a discussion about war it is safe to assume that "the tensions" and not what ever explanation followed were the real cause of the war.

"The tensions": Israel had for months been illegally plowing and planting land in the Syrian DMZ with armored tractors, taunting Syria and retaliating disproportionately when Syrians shot at the tractors. Israel escalated by sending in more armored tractors and plowing up more Syrian land.

Tractors aren't an armored piece of farm equipment. Israel constructed armored tractors specifically to use in plowing up land they had no business farming knowing they could provoke Syria into a war. For some reason farming DMZ land in Syria with armored tractors becomes "tensions became dangerously heightened" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origins_of_the_Six-Day_War

You do not get to rewrite history to suit your biases, either.
If left alone Israel would leave alone. That cannot be said for those seeking to wipe Israel from the map.

Nonsense, again. Remind us, who fired the first shots and carried out air attacks at the start of the Six Day War?
You may need to go back before 1967 if you want to address the desire of Arab states and Palestinian leadership to wipe Israel off the map again, the minute it was founded.

Israel.

Who was massing at the border planning an attack? By your logic, had a Polish soldier fired the first shot on Sept 1, 1939, would Poland be responsible for starting WWII?

You don't know the Egyptians were " planning an attack" because you don't know what happened. The Russians told the Egyptians the Israelis planned to attack Syria, seeing as Egypt was in a self defence pact with Syria and others. They were in fact expecting an Israeli attack which duly came. As much was admitted to by the Israeli high level mover and shakers of that time albeit later on when the Israeli hasbara went into overdrive.

So their claim of the 67 war being a war of self defence that they never started is obviously rubbish. Read what Dayan said of the border clashes with Syria. Or what Peled and others said about the Egyptian deployment in the Sinai.Seriously, it's obvious you have only read the Israeli propaganda system version of events.

You don't know the Egyptians were " planning an attack" because you don't know what happened. The Russians told the Egyptians the Israelis planned to attack Syria, seeing as Egypt was in a self defence pact with Syria and others. They were in fact expecting an Israeli attack which duly came. As much was admitted to by the Israeli high level mover and shakers of that time albeit later on when the Israeli hasbara went into overdrive.
So Egyptian troops we massing at the border with Israel for what, a picnic?

So their claim of the 67 war being a war of self defence that they never started is obviously rubbish. Read what Dayan said of the border clashes with Syria. Or what Peled and others said about the Egyptian deployment in the Sinai.Seriously, it's obvious you have only read the Israeli propaganda system version of events.
One of us has only read propaganda, that’s for sure.

Reactions: NO1
So Egyptian troops we massing at the border with Israel for what, a picnic?

No, they were placed on the border because they feared an Israeli attack. You obviously don't know the full story.

One of us has only read propaganda, that’s for sure.

Sounds like it and it appears you have no intention of contemplating anything outside of that.

No, they were placed on the border because they feared an Israeli attack. You obviously don't know the full story.
Start here.

Start here.

Funny how you can only post a reference to a britannica link . Is that because you don't know enough to speak about it with your own personal knowledge? :rolleyes:

Funny how some totally devoid of ANY personal knowledge (not to mention experience) blast others for linking to respectable sources, using that to accuse them of lacking personal experience and thus being unable to speak for themselves.

When that lack is precisely what they suffer, causing them to cite far more questionable sources, as long as those fit the bill of their propagandistic position.

:rolleyes:Projection galore.

Reactions: NO1
Funny how you can only post a reference to a britannica link . Is that because you don't know enough to speak about it with your own personal knowledge? :rolleyes:
Stop posting bullshit. When I asserted how the war started you claimed I only relied on propaganda. Here I provide a credible reference supporting my assertion (and refuting yours) and now you claim I'm not relying on my "own personal knowledge." Whom do you think you are fooling with this garbage? You've been proven wrong, and we both know it.

Stop posting bullshit. When I asserted how the war started you claimed I only relied on propaganda. Here I provide a credible reference supporting my assertion (and refuting yours) and now you claim I'm not relying on my "own personal knowledge." Whom do you think you are fooling with this garbage? You've been proven wrong, and we both know it.

Hehehe, getting rattled are we?

Where in the article does it say anything about how, according to Moshe Dayan himself ( I wonder if you even know who is was ), that the state of Israel forces initiated around 80% of the border clashes with Syria? There is a reference to an April air battle in the link, but there is no mention that it was the result of one of these border clashes.

The link is something of a synopsis that obviously misses out critical stuff for the sake of brevity. I will wager I have forgotten more on this subject than you have even known so it's comedic to see you giving me pointers to events I have deep knowledge of and you appear to have only the Israeli propaganda versions of

Hehehe, getting rattled are we?

Where in the article does it say anything about how, according to Moshe Dayan himself ( I wonder if you even know who is was ), that the state of Israel forces initiated around 80% of the border clashes with Syria? There is a reference to an April air battle in the link, but there is no mention that it was the result of one of these border clashes.

The link is something of a synopsis that obviously misses out critical stuff for the sake of brevity. I will wager I have forgotten more on this subject than you have even known so it's comedic to see you giving me pointers to events I have deep knowledge of and you appear to have only the Israeli propaganda versions of
Ratted by you? Now that’s funny.

Your have proven yourself to be in desperate need of pointers, and given your irrational defense of terrorism, in no small need of humanity, as well.

Ratted by you? Now that’s funny.

Your have proven yourself to be in desperate need of pointers, and given your irrational defense of terrorism, in no small need of humanity, as well.

No, I actually know a lot about this subjet so can see some of what was left out of the article you cited which, as I said, is something of a synopsis. That you are still at the synopsis level of understanding isn't in doubt imo.

As for the rest, well, it's just the usual hysterics from people who know they are out of their depth but proceed to try to bluff their way through. ;)

No, I actually know a lot about this subjet so can see some of what was left out of the article you cited which, as I said, is something of a synopsis. That you are still at the synopsis level of understanding isn't in doubt imo.

As for the rest, well, it's just the usual hysterics from people who know they are out of their depth but proceed to try to bluff their way through. ;)
Empty nonsense.

Empty nonsense.
It's actually been confirmed by some of the Israeli leadership of the time but you evidently do know that either. I did give you a clue with the reference to the comments of Moshe Dayan years later but I guess you are not really into research lol

It's actually been confirmed by some of the Israeli leadership of the time but you evidently do know that either. I did give you a clue with the reference to the comments of Moshe Dayan years later but I guess you are not really into research lol
If you gave a clue you would not be defending a terrorist organization like Hamas. To do so is reprehensible.

If you gave a clue you would not be defending a terrorist organization like Hamas. To do so is reprehensible.

That doesn't even come close to responding to what I said. Terrorists are on both sides here, in case you hadn't noticed. They are also to be found the leaderships of the West too, shocking revalation no ?

Back
Top Bottom