• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ben Carson accidentally reveals Sarah Palin is on Trump’s short list for vice preside

Redress

Liberal Fascist For Life!
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
https://www.rawstory.com/2016/05/ben-carson-accidentally-reveals-sarah-palin-is-on-trumps-short-list-for-vice-president/

Carson was told that John Kasich, Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz, Sarah Palin and Chris Christie had also been named in the poll.

“Those are all people on our list,” he revealed.

I cannot imagine Palin would be chosen, not due to anything wrong with her, except it does not make a well rounded ticket kinda thing. I suspect Rubio and Cruz have other plans(ie anything but Trump's VP), though that is just a guess. Christie would be hilarious for various reasons, and Kasich would probably be the most solid, if least interesting one.

Re: Ben Carson accidentally reveals Sarah Palin is on Trump’s short list for vice pre

That would be one of the dumbest picks he could possibly go with. I doubt he is seriously considering her.

Re: Ben Carson accidentally reveals Sarah Palin is on Trump’s short list for vice pre

That would be one of the dumbest picks he could possibly go with. I doubt he is seriously considering her.

Don't focus on Palin. That was the article headline and I just copy/pasted it. The interesting part is the 5 names.

https://www.rawstory.com/2016/05/ben-carson-accidentally-reveals-sarah-palin-is-on-trumps-short-list-for-vice-president/

I cannot imagine Palin would be chosen, not due to anything wrong with her, except it does not make a well rounded ticket kinda thing. I suspect Rubio and Cruz have other plans(ie anything but Trump's VP), though that is just a guess. Christie would be hilarious for various reasons, and Kasich would probably be the most solid, if least interesting one.

Well 4 of those have already said they don't want to be Trump's VP. I guess it will be Christie.

Well 4 of those have already said they don't want to be Trump's VP. I guess it will be Christie.

Which would mean it is time for my favorite cartoon!

trumpchristie.jpg

OMG, the hysterics across the media and commentary groups that would be generated by Trump picking Palin. This has to be a hoax, Trump cannot be *that* stupid. And I doubt John Kasich, Marco Rubio, or Ted Cruz would consider being a VP for Trump.

OMG, the hysterics across the media and commentary groups that would be generated by Trump picking Palin. This has to be a hoax, Trump cannot be *that* stupid. And I doubt John Kasich, Marco Rubio, or Ted Cruz would consider being a VP for Trump.

I found it on multiple sources, so it would have to be Carson doing the hoax. I can also see the Palin pick from Trump's point of view. He has succeeded in large part because of the unprecedented amount of media coverage he has gotten. Who better to get him yuge free media coverage?

I think the biggest problem for Trump is that who in the **** would want to be his VP besides Palin or Christie?

Personally I think its going to be Christie cause he's known for his gruffness so him and Donald will make a pair. If you get someone who's as white as the driven snow, then anytime Trump says something offensive then you know the VP candidate is going to be asked "Is this what you signed up for" and get bashed hard.

Don't focus on Palin. That was the article headline and I just copy/pasted it. The interesting part is the 5 names.

If that is all that is on the list they need a new list. If I leave Palin out then I think Christie is the only person who would want the job. Trump attacked Cruz' wife and father. Cruz would have to be lowest form of scum to accept after that.

the Republican Party has produced women like Kay Granger, Elizabeth Dole, and Condi Rice. While I disagree with their politics they are intelligent and sane. Surely their are some up and coming conservative women cut from the same cloth out there that would make a good VP. I do think having a female VP could only help him.

The names mentioned reads like a rogue's list of the principle-lacking, power hungry in Republican politics. None of those mentioned would make Donald Trump any more electable than he is today and several, including Palin, would be a direct detriment to Trump's general election campaign.

Christie's from the wrong part of the country. What an unbalanced ticket. Trump needs someone to balance the ticket or, rather, to counterbalance him.

I think the biggest problem for Trump is that who in the **** would want to be his VP besides Palin or Christie?

Personally I think its going to be Christie cause he's known for his gruffness so him and Donald will make a pair. If you get someone who's as white as the driven snow, then anytime Trump says something offensive then you know the VP candidate is going to be asked "Is this what you signed up for" and get bashed hard.

I think that is right. There aren't may republicans who would actually WANT to be Trumps VP. Palin is probably one of the few who have actually shown an interest since she really has nothing else to do at this pooint

Christie's from the wrong part of the country. What an unbalanced ticket. Trump needs someone to balance the ticket or, rather, to counterbalance him.

Trump/Jeb? Haha.

Trump/Jeb? Haha.

Trump/Perry maybe. Or Trump/Walker.

Damn, I can come up with better choices than him off the top of my head.

I'd like to think that the list is also a hoax. Remember when NEWT GINGRICH rumored to be the top pick? None of the choices are particularly inspired or creative. Then again who can say with Ben "Loose Lips" Carson at the helm?

The names mentioned reads like a rogue's list of the principle-lacking, power hungry in Republican politics. None of those mentioned would make Donald Trump any more electable than he is today and several, including Palin, would be a direct detriment to Trump's general election campaign.

And that does not apply to Hillary? Or Chuck Shumer? Pot meet kettle.

And that does not apply to Hillary? Or Chuck Shumer? Pot meet kettle.

Dude, this is really complex, so pay attention: this thread is about the presumptive republican nominee and possible VP picks. He did not mention democrats because it is not about them. There, see, that was not so hard now was it?

Dude, this is really complex, so pay attention: this thread is about the presumptive republican nominee and possible VP picks. He did not mention democrats because it is not about them. There, see, that was not so hard now was it?

Dude. When you say it is a Republican problem you are only telling half of the truth. But I do understand that you prefer it that way.

Dude. When you say it is a Republican problem you are only telling half of the truth. But I do understand that you prefer it that way.

Neither I nor he said it was only a republican problem. Why is this so complex for you? Why do you have to make **** up to argue against?

Christie brings nothing but baggage
Palin was a good part of why McCain lost, she's a celebrity figure more than a political one
Cruz is #2 on the list of republicans that republicans hate and things got kinda personal in the primaries. That being said, Ted Cruz is absolutely 100% slimy enough to take VP if it was offered. I don't see Trump going for it though.
I'm not 100% sure who burned it, but the bridge between Trump and Rubio has been burnt beyond rebuilding.
Kasich would probably do it if the GOP told him to, and brings Ohio, so there's that.

My money is on this being fake. What happened to Newt?

Christie brings nothing but baggage
Palin was a good part of why McCain lost, she's a celebrity figure more than a political one
Cruz is #2 on the list of republicans that republicans hate and things got kinda personal in the primaries. That being said, Ted Cruz is absolutely 100% slimy enough to take VP if it was offered. I don't see Trump going for it though.
I'm not 100% sure who burned it, but the bridge between Trump and Rubio has been burnt beyond rebuilding.
Kasich would probably do it if the GOP told him to, and brings Ohio, so there's that.

My money is on this being fake. What happened to Newt?

As far as being fake, I want to repeat that I found this on multiple sources. I think the original is the Washington Post. Carson did say it. Whether it is true, or he was told to say it so as to generate media attention, that I cannot say for sure.

Neither I nor he said it was only a republican problem. Why is this so complex for you? Why do you have to make **** up to argue against?

It is not complex. It is a narrative you won't let go of, and I get tired of hearing it.

It is not complex. It is a narrative you won't let go of, and I get tired of hearing it.

What narrative am I not letting go of?

If that is all that is on the list they need a new list. If I leave Palin out then I think Christie is the only person who would want the job. Trump attacked Cruz' wife and father. Cruz would have to be lowest form of scum to accept after that.

the Republican Party has produced women like Kay Granger, Elizabeth Dole, and Condi Rice. While I disagree with their politics they are intelligent and sane. Surely their are some up and coming conservative women cut from the same cloth out there that would make a good VP. I do think having a female VP could only help him.

So you're not discounting Cruz accepting if asked. :2razz:

I think that's the best bet. It's not hard to see a Christie taking a "why did your candidate say this insane thing?" question and turning it around to attack the questioner. He's also proven that he's docile enough to serve Trump - excuse me, Mr Trump - loyally, regardless of the personal humiliation or degradation he has to endure.

Back
Top Bottom