• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Beloved Yellowstone Wolf ‘Spitfire’ Killed By Trophy Hunter

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/yellowstone-park-wolf-killed_us_5c03eec6e4b0606a15b63d33

The wild wolf, also known as 926F, died the same way her famous mother did in 2012.

A wild wolf beloved by wolf watchers and biologists who visit Yellowstone National Park has been shot dead by a hunter.

The 7-year-old female wolf, known to scientists as Lamar Canyon Wolf Pack member 926F, had wandered just outside Yellowstone last weekend and was legally killed by a trophy hunter.
==============================================
This is a shame but things in Montana are still pretty much the Wild West.

I am very thankful I don't associate with people as coldhearted as that.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/yellowstone-park-wolf-killed_us_5c03eec6e4b0606a15b63d33

The wild wolf, also known as 926F, died the same way her famous mother did in 2012.

A wild wolf beloved by wolf watchers and biologists who visit Yellowstone National Park has been shot dead by a hunter.

The 7-year-old female wolf, known to scientists as Lamar Canyon Wolf Pack member 926F, had wandered just outside Yellowstone last weekend and was legally killed by a trophy hunter.
==============================================
This is a shame but things in Montana are still pretty much the Wild West.

It’s not shameful at all.

****ing trophy hunters.

It’s not shameful at all.

Seems like a shame to me - a wild animal who brought a lot of joy to visitors in the park was killed by a trophy hunter. On what basis is the world a better place with that wolf dead?

Seems like a shame to me - a wild animal who brought a lot of joy to visitors in the park was killed by a trophy hunter. On what basis is the world a better place with that wolf dead?

Yes.

This wolf is no different then any other wolf, and the game Department has determined there to be a surplus of wolves.

He didn’t bring anyone joy, guarantee you the people saying that couldn’t pick him out of a lineup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes.

This wolf is no different then any other wolf, and the game Department has determined there to be a surplus of wolves.

He didn’t bring anyone joy, guarantee you the people saying that couldn’t pick him out of a lineup

LOL, so you're asserting as fact stuff you're obviously completely ignorant (and wrong) about.

For starters, you're correct those who did love this wolf couldn't pick "him" out of a lineup because the wolf killed was a SHE. :roll:

Last edited:
There should be a special place in hell for trophy hunters, anyone who abuses animals, or buys animals from puppy mills, imho.
I wouldn't blame a hunter for defending him/herself when threatened and out of other options, but that's another story.

The wolf was shot by a hunter who was hunting wolves in 100% compliance with the law.

When they had the bright idea to reintroduce wolves into Yellowstone they had to have known that sooner or later the wolves would spread beyond the park boundaries. They did, predictably, and now they have to be managed. This is what "managed" looks like.

The wolf was shot by a hunter who was hunting wolves in 100% compliance with the law.

When they had the bright idea to reintroduce wolves into Yellowstone they had to have known that sooner or later the wolves would spread beyond the park boundaries. They did, predictably, and now they have to be managed. This is what "managed" looks like.

Of course they knew that, the reintroduction was one of the great wildlife success stories in US history, it's right up there with the eagle.

The hunting of wolves is the natural progression of reintroduction.

This wolf was a wild wolf and Yellowstone is not a zoo, she had no special protection.

Just as any of the elk visitors had seen that she killed.

All things die...

Well, the 'bright idea' was to restore a fractured ecosystem, damaged mostly by an overpopulation of elk and the damage the elk do from overgrazing. So there was a legitimate reason, and it's for the long term health of the park, including wolves but elk, songbirds, beaver, and more.

And I'm quite sure those involved with wolves are aware that the wolves aren't going to respect invisible park lines, and might be killed when they wander outside the park. It's happened many times.

There should be a special place in hell for trophy hunters, anyone who abuses animals, or buys animals from puppy mills, imho.
I wouldn't blame a hunter for defending him/herself when threatened and out of other options, but that's another story.

There’s a special place in hell for people who legally harvest animals on license? Odd that I’ve never heard that in mass, or catechism class, or bible study, or read a biblical commentary making this claim...

Back
Top Bottom