• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Belief in white Jesus linked to racism

Your response was impossibly stupid. Jesus, if he existed as an individual, was brown. We're not talking about Spaghetti. We're talking about someone a religion claims is an historical figure. Depictions of that figure exist. The form those depictions take say something about us as a society.

You can't drop all context and act like we're discussing Dungeons and Dragons here. That does nothing but support racists.
LOLOL

Depictions from that era do not exist.

LOLOL

Depictions from that era do not exist.

So you think we don't know what Jesus looked like? Maybe he was the one white guy there?

That's laughable.

Keeping in mind the Europeans controled the trade on the Med, so that would mean occuping the port cities.
So are you saying that the Egyptians did not know who their close neighbors were or that they were Asiatics as recorded?
I hope not.

This thread is about a belief in a white Jesus being somehow linked racism.
And he most likely would have looked like everyone else from that specific area.
And besides skeletal data from that area, and as shown by the information the Egyptians made available, he likely would have been a Caucasoid.
I suggest looking up the word caucasoid. It means something not even remotely close to your foolish argument, and it certainly has nothing to do with the cartoon art you somehow convinced yourself holds scientific value.

People who think Jesus Christ was white are more likely to endorse anti-Black attitudes, a new study found, suggesting that belief in white deities works to uphold white supermacy.

For the study, published March 1 in Psychology of Religion and Spirituality, researchers conducted a survey of 179 mostly Christian college students at a midsize private university in the Midwest. The students, over 70% of whom were white, were asked whether, based on personal understanding of Jesus, they thought of him as white, black, something else or unknown.

Using established scales, the survey then measured students' explicit racism, subtle racism, implicit bias, their preferences for hierarchies and their endorsement of colorblind racial ideology - the set of beliefs that deny the effects of racism.

The researchers argued that a Jesus who has the same race as the dominant group helps that dominant group maintain power and legitimacy.

Compared with 95 students who believed Jesus was not white, the 84 students who believed Jesus was white hand more negative explicit ideas about black people, more subtle prejudices, more feelings of warmth toward white people, greater preference for group based hieirarchy, and more insistence that they, essentially, do not see race.

more on the study:

Colorblind racial ideology:
Wasn't Jesus born in Middle East a couple thousand years ago? Perhaps he is of Middle Eastern descent, just saying.

I suggest looking up the word caucasoid. It means something not even remotely close to your foolish argument, and it certainly has nothing to do with the cartoon art you somehow convinced yourself holds scientific value.
Another failed attempt by you. Hilarious.
I suggest you do some research, I am using it because it is correct.
Why is it that others know that a Caucasoid can be of a darker skin tone but you don't? Huh?
And now you are suggestiing that the Egyptians didn't know who occupied the geographical area to their east. And then paint an in-geneneral image of them along with Nubuians, theirselves, as well as Libyans?
FFS they have rock carvings showing the different races.
And yet here you are saying they are wrong?
Well, as usual, you know not of what you speak.

"So, among a million brown people there was one white person. He was God and he was sent by God and he saved everyone."

That's not an acceptable narrative. But white people bought it for generations, millennium.

So you think we don't know what Jesus looked like? Maybe he was the one white guy there?

That's laughable.
Why would you think he was white, thats laughable.

I am a Jew, and the Egyptian's depiction looks very much like a Jew to me.

You being Jewish has absolutely nothing to do with what Semitic people looked like in the time of Jesus.

You being Jewish has absolutely nothing to do with what Semitic people looked like in the time of Jesus.
Is that what I said, or perhaps did I say the Egyptian's depiction looks very much like a Jew to me?

Is that what I said, or perhaps did I say the Egyptian's depiction looks very much like a Jew to me?

And saying that you are a Jew means nothing as to your opinion of what the picture looks like.

What is "white"?
What is "black"?

Who thinks that Jesus was black?

Oh, for goodness' sake!

Jesus' skin color has nothing to do with Americans' perceptions of the various ethnicities in this strange country.

Back
Top Bottom