• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Belief in God would be so much easier if it weren't for religion

Hey troll, there are other places on this forum for your baiting and lack of substance. Your comments are so cliche, they don't warrant a response. Try to stick to the OP and go join an Atheists User Group :roll:
If you've seen the things I've seen, You wouldn't believe a god could exist either.

If you've seen the things I've seen, You wouldn't believe a god could exist either.
I don't know, a tour in Iraq coupled with a few stints in Third World countries like Bolivia, and Paraguay as a combat medic - I'd say I've seen quite a bit of the less-than-desireable side of humanity. :shrug:

Please don't misquote me here. I was simply stating the FACT that both were PRO-atheist and vehemently ANTI-theist, and both targeted specific religious groups (i.e., Christians) for extermination. These are undeniable FACTS. Take what inferences you will from them.
If Stalin was against all things "theistic" then why would he ally with Germany, which was strongly Protestant and Italy that was strongly Catholic?

If I was a dictator that hated all theists, I wouldn't ally myself with two strongly religious States.

Do you think Stalin didn't know Hitler was Protestant? I'm not misrepresenting you intentionally, but you seem to be ignoring a glaring fact.

Last edited:
If Stalin was against all things "theistic" then why would he ally with Germany, which was strongly Protestant and Italy that was strongly Catholic?

If I was a dictator that hated all theists, I wouldn't ally myself with too strongly religious States steeped in mysticism.

Do you think Stalin didn't know Hitler was Protestant? I'm not misrepresenting you intentionally, but you seem to be ignoring a glaring fact.

I don't pretend to know how Stalin thought. I'm just stating facts. Your question is a rhetorical one in that Stalin could have hardly enforced his own anti-theistic agenda in Nazi Germany (a separate and powerful sovereign nation).

I never said that this was ALL that Stalin was. I'm certain that there are many enigmatic and contradicting characteristics regarding Joe Stalin. NONE of this detracts from what he did INTENTIONALLY to Jews and Christians within his own nation.

BTW, I wouldn't exactly call this a "strong" and "binding" alliance, would you? Perhaps more of a temporary "marriage of convenience"?

Last edited:
God is omnipotent, omnipresent, and omnicient of His own accord, not necessarily of ours. Our interpretations have no relevance to his existence.

Our interpretations is his existence.

Jesus specifically said there is only forgiveness through Him

Bible knowledge fail.

This is what Jesus specifically said about forgiveness:

For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15 But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins. -Matt 6:14-15

Jesus claims that forgiveness is only through forgiving others. A Buddhists who forgave others would be forgiven by God according to Jesus. A Christians who did not forgive others would not be forgiven by God.

This ends today's Bible lesson.

Last edited:
Oh, and by the way. No one has ever killed another person in the name of godlessness or atheism. But countless thousands throughout history have been killed in the name of some god or other.

Look how the clergy were treated during and after the Russian Revolution, and in the spread of communism in Europe.

You're right, if hundreds of years worth of scientific exploration and research hadn't been oppressed and suppressed there is no telling where we might be today.

Gross misrepresentation.

Bible knowledge fail.

This is what Jesus specifically said about forgiveness:

Jesus claims that forgiveness is only through forgiving others. A Buddhists who forgave others would be forgiven by God according to Jesus. A Christians who did not forgive others would not be forgiven by God.

This ends today's Bible lesson.

Digsbe's quote in context...

Jesus specifically said there is only forgiveness through Him, and one can only enter heaven through Him. - digsbe

John 14:6 6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

:prof Jesus never stated the unsaved had God as their spiritual father. Their spiritual father is clearly something else:

John 8:42-44 42 Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I have come here from God. I have not come on my own; God sent me. 43 Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say. 44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

1 John: 3-10 10 This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not God’s child, nor is anyone who does not love their brother and sister.

Now don't get to excited here, brother and sister are taken from the Greek word "adelphoi" which means "true believer."

Now if we look at your quote, it takes on a whole new and correct meaning.

Matt 6:14-15 For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15 But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

This fact about the two spiritual families lets us see that the Lord's teaching on the subject of forgiving others who sin against us is specifically directed to those who already have experienced true regeneration (or salvation).

So no, the Buddhist needs to accept Jesus.

Belief in God would be so much easier if one didn't have to subscribe to a religion. Most religions are so much BS, mainly because of the leaders of that religion.

The religions of the world seem to share only one characteristic; while they can't all be right, they can all be wrong.

That's weird. I don't subscribe to a religion, but I sure do believe in a God. He's my God, and I serve him the best I can.
Without prayer and my belief in a God, I think my life would be really empty.

Jesus specifically said there is only forgiveness through Him, and one can only enter heaven through Him. - digsbe

John 14:6 6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Yet many, many Christians derive their attitudes from sources other than Jesus, and when the issue of what Jesus actually taught is brought up, many are quick to deflect away from His teachings and stress something else, instead.

From attitudes towards homosexualty to the role of public prayer to any of a number of other issues, Christians galore are failing to follow what Jesus actually taught. If Jesus is the way, then wouldn't the following His teachings through one's works be a better way to go instead of ignoring the teachings and following something else?

Yet many, many Christians derive their attitudes from sources other than Jesus, and when the issue of what Jesus actually taught is brought up, many are quick to deflect away from His teachings and stress something else, instead.

Well we were warned about that.

Matthew 7:15-25 15 “Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16 By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17 Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

From attitudes towards homosexualty to the role of public prayer to any of a number of other issues, Christians galore are failing to follow what Jesus actually taught.

Homosexuality is a sin. Public prayer is just fine, it is making a spectacle of it for attention or a show of pride that is a sin.

If Jesus is the way, then wouldn't the following His teachings through one's works be a better way to go instead of ignoring the teachings and following something else?

What is this "something else" you are talking about?

Edit: why did you cut out the rest of my post? It has bearing on this as well.

:prof Jesus never stated the unsaved had God as their spiritual father. Their spiritual father is clearly something else:

John 8:42-44 42 Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I have come here from God. I have not come on my own; God sent me. 43 Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say. 44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

1 John: 3-10 10 This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not God’s child, nor is anyone who does not love their brother and sister.

Now don't get to excited here, brother and sister are taken from the Greek word "adelphoi" which means "true believer."

Matt 6:14-15 For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15 But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

This fact about the two spiritual families lets us see that the Lord's teaching on the subject of forgiving others who sin against us is specifically directed to those who already have experienced true regeneration (or salvation).

Last edited:
Well we were warned about that.

Matthew 7:15-25 15 “Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16 By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17 Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

What a great quote. I wish more Christians realized what it actually meant and started examining their belief systems in such a way that they paid more attention to what Jesus actually said and less attention to those in a position of authority who explain Christianity to them. After all, He was warning about wolves in SHEEPS clothing and not wolves running around looking like wolves.

Homosexuality is a sin.

THis is a perfect example of what I was talking about. You make a blanket statement unsupported by anything Jesus ever taught.
Public prayer is just fine, it is making a spectacle of it for attention or a show of pride that is a sin.

In actuality, Jesus portrayed prayer as a private matter to be conducted behind closed doors, and between the individual and God. Matthew 6:6 "But you, when you pray, go into your chamber and, after closing the door, pray to your father who is in secret, and your father who sees in secret will reward you. "

"Who is in secret" does NOT mean in public.

What is this "something else" you are talking about?

The old Testament, Paul, church leaders, media pundits, mumbo jumbo -- anything other than Jesus' actual teachings.

Edit: why did you cut out the rest of my post? It has bearing on this as well.

I edit out parts of postings to avoid excessive tedium.

What a great quote. I wish more Christians realized what it actually meant and started examining their belief systems in such a way that they paid more attention to what Jesus actually said and less attention to those in a position of authority who explain Christianity to them. After all, He was warning about wolves in SHEEPS clothing and not wolves running around looking like wolves.

It is warning about people who would teach a false doctrine and ignore God's teaching from the rest of the apostles and profits.

THis is a perfect example of what I was talking about. You make a blanket statement unsupported by anything Jesus ever taught.

God himself (who is Jesus) said it is wrong. Paul, an apostle said it was wrong.

In actuality, Jesus portrayed prayer as a private matter to be conducted behind closed doors, and between the individual and God. Matthew 6:6 "But you, when you pray, go into your chamber and, after closing the door, pray to your father who is in secret, and your father who sees in secret will reward you. "

"Who is in secret" does NOT mean in public.

Why oh why do people leave out the context?

Matthew 6:5-8 5 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

He is talking about attitude and pride. Intent in prayer.

The old Testament, Paul, church leaders, media pundits, mumbo jumbo -- anything other than Jesus' actual teachings.

Lets see what Jesus said?

John 10:35 35 If he called them ‘gods,’ to whom the word of God came—and Scripture cannot be set aside

Matthew 22:29 29 Jesus replied, “You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God.

Looks like he respected the teachings of the Old Testament.

I edit out parts of postings to avoid excessive tedium.

Right.

I don't pretend to know how Stalin thought. I'm just stating facts. Your question is a rhetorical one in that Stalin could have hardly enforced his own anti-theistic agenda in Nazi Germany (a separate and powerful sovereign nation).

I never said that this was ALL that Stalin was. I'm certain that there are many enigmatic and contradicting characteristics regarding Joe Stalin. NONE of this detracts from what he did INTENTIONALLY to Jews and Christians within his own nation.

BTW, I wouldn't exactly call this a "strong" and "binding" alliance, would you? Perhaps more of a temporary "marriage of convenience"?
Germany and Soviet Union had the Molotov-Ribbentrop which was a legal Pact of Non-Aggression. They also had the Commercial Alliance, in which Russia supported the German war effort with raw materials. Stalin wanted to have a written military agreement with Germany and offered Hitler two deals, Hitler was the one who screwed Stalin, by secretly planning to invade during these negotiations.

In other words, Stalin supported the Protestant Nazi German Military, but was betrayed when he tried to become a permanent military ally. Maybe Hitler was anti-Atheist? Again, I'm not saying atheists haven't committed crimes, of course they have, but I reject the notion that they were "in the name of atheism" since atheism doesn't stand for anything.

Last edited:
Germany and Soviet Union had the Molotov-Ribbentrop which was a legal Pact of Non-Aggression. They also had the Commercial Alliance, in which Russia supported the German war effort with raw materials. Stalin wanted to have a written military agreement with Germany and offered Hitler two deals, Hitler was the one who screwed Stalin, by secretly planning to invade during these negotiations.

In other words, Stalin supported the Protestant Nazi German Military, but was betrayed when he tried to become a permanent military ally. Maybe Hitler was anti-Atheist? Again, I'm not saying atheists haven't committed crimes, of course they have, but I reject the notion that they were "in the name of atheism" since atheism doesn't stand for anything.

I have never heard that Stalin supported Germany in any way... sources? They had alliances through the 20's for defensive purposes, meaning they would not attack each other, but once Hitler came to power, it was the beginning of the end. They fought a proxy war in Spain, and I am very interested in hearing why you are making this claim.

That argument is much more lucid and on topic than your usual fare. I am impressed. It is still incorrect however.

The quote I provided was from the sermon on the mount, which Jesus gave at the beginning of His ministry. No one that He was speaking to had accepted Jesus as their savior. Even His own disciples did not yet know He was the Messiah. Peter would be the first to identify Him as such, and that wouldn't happen until much later. (Matt 16:16)

Jesus was standing on the side of a mountain, preaching to everyone who would listen. When He says, "For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15 But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins." He cannot have been talking exclusively to people who have accepted Christ as their savior, since none were in attendance.

Also, the quote you posted from John 3 contradicts your own interpretation:

This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not God’s child, nor is anyone who does not love their brother and sister.

Those who claim to have accepted Christ, but do not forgive others as Jesus said was right, are children of the devil. Those who claim to follow the teachings of Buddha, but end up doing what is right by forgiving those who wrong them, treating others as they want to be treated, loving their neighbors, etc... are God's children.

It seems you would like to pretend that John 3 says this:

"This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not believe that Jesus died on the cross as a propitiation for their sins, and that He was resurrected three days later is not a child of God, but of the Devil."

That just isn't what it says though. It says those who do right are the children of God, regardless of their religious affiliation. Those who do not do right, are the children of the devil, even if they wear wwjd bracelets and praise Jesus loudly in church every Sunday.

Accordingly, the Buddhists who do right are the children of God by the definition you provided in John 3, and those Buddhists who do right and forgive others will be forgiving by God.

Didn't Jesus teach that god was within each of us and to find our own path of love and to help fellow man and all that? If they can do that while being a Christian, a Jew, A Hindu, a Buddhist or a Muslim, does it really matter? Isn't the message that we are supposed to be kind and the like? I think that people get way too lost trying to decipher the Bible as if it is a directions manuscript rather than a guideline...

So what? I already said why this says nothing about people killing in the name of atheism.

Did Pol Pot kill in the name of atheism, though?

Religion to him was merely in the way of his idealized nation-rejuvination.

That argument is much more lucid and on topic than your usual fare. I am impressed. It is still incorrect however.

The quote I provided was from the sermon on the mount, which Jesus gave at the beginning of His ministry. No one that He was speaking to had accepted Jesus as their savior. Even His own disciples did not yet know He was the Messiah. Peter would be the first to identify Him as such, and that wouldn't happen until much later. (Matt 16:16)

No

Matthew 16:13-16 13 When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, “Who do people say the Son of Man is?” 14 They replied, “Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets.” 15 “But what about you?” he asked. “Who do you say I am?” 16 Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.”

They new long before the sermon and many others from his birth.

Matthew 2:1-2"Now after Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea in the days of Herod the king, behold, magi from the east arrived in Jerusalem, saying, 'Where is he who has been born king of the Jews? For we saw his star in the east, and have come to worship him.'"

Jesus was standing on the side of a mountain, preaching to everyone who would listen. When He says, "For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15 But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins." He cannot have been talking exclusively to people who have accepted Christ as their savior, since none were in attendance.

Your right, I guess he just said that for nothing.

Also, the quote you posted from John 3 contradicts your own interpretation:

Those who claim to have accepted Christ, but do not forgive others as Jesus said was right, are children of the devil. Those who claim to follow the teachings of Buddha, but end up doing what is right by forgiving those who wrong them, treating others as they want to be treated, loving their neighbors, etc... are God's children.

It seems you would like to pretend that John 3 says this:

"This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not believe that Jesus died on the cross as a propitiation for their sins, and that He was resurrected three days later is not a child of God, but of the Devil."

That just isn't what it says though. It says those who do right are the children of God, regardless of their religious affiliation. Those who do not do right, are the children of the devil, even if they wear wwjd bracelets and praise Jesus loudly in church every Sunday.

You are wrong...

John 3:16-19 16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil.

Accordingly, the Buddhists who do right are the children of God by the definition you provided in John 3, and those Buddhists who do right and forgive others will be forgiving by God.

And condemned to death and hell for not believing.

Any questions?

Often when Westerners speak about "religion," they are speaking about Christianity. Not all religions are authoritarian and clergy-based, nor are all religions believed solely due to dogmatic faith. Some people have reasonable reasons to believe the things that they do.

Last edited:
Often when Westerners speak about "religion," they are speaking about Christianity. Not all religions are authoritarian and clergy-based, nor are all religions believed solely due to dogmatic faith. Some people have reasonable reasons to believe the things that they do.

I believe that mostly depends on the person rather than the religion. I mean, there are many muslims, jews, etc. that cannot really defend their faith when presented with a logical argument. enlightened people tend to accept their faith based on some clear reasons rather than dogmatic faith, and more often than not, people are not enlightened.

No

Matthew 16:13-16 13 When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, “Who do people say the Son of Man is?” 14 They replied, “Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets.” 15 “But what about you?” he asked. “Who do you say I am?” 16 Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.”

They new long before the sermon

By what twisted logic do you draw that conclusion? The quote you posted was from much later. The sermon on the mount was at the very beginning of His ministry, before He had even called all His disciples. How can you say "they knew long before the sermon?" I quoted Matt 6:14-15. You quoted Matt 16:13-16 and then claimed that somehow proved that they knew long before the sermon that He gave ten chapters earlier.

and many others from his birth.

Matthew 2:1-2"Now after Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea in the days of Herod the king, behold, magi from the east arrived in Jerusalem, saying, 'Where is he who has been born king of the Jews? For we saw his star in the east, and have come to worship him.'"

They thought He was a king, not a God. Joseph, who everyone believed to be Jesus' father, was a direct descendant of king David. This has nothing to do with whether or not Jesus was the Messiah.

Your right, I guess he just said that for nothing.

Why must you consistently take everything out of context? Jesus was talking only to His disciples when He said that, not preaching to the world about what they needed to do, as was the case with the sermon on the mount. This was not part of His ministry, but rather words of comfort to the twelve who had abandoned everything to follow Him. He tells them that He will not be with them much longer, because He has to go back to His Father, and where He is going, they cannot follow.

“My children, I will be with you only a little longer. You will look for me, and just as I told the Jews, so I tell you now: Where I am going, you cannot come.

34 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”

36 Simon Peter asked him, “Lord, where are you going?”

Jesus replied, “Where I am going, you cannot follow now, but you will follow later.” John 13:33-36

When He tells His disciples that He has to go, because no one can come to the father except through Him, He is not saying that everyone needs to believe in the Biblical account of His crucifixion and resurrection as canonized at the council of Carthage over three centuries later. He is saying that He needs to go and prepare a place for them:

“Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God[d]; believe also in me. 2 My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. 4 You know the way to the place where I am going.”

Jesus has got **** to do, so He can't hang around and play anymore. That is all He is saying with that much touted verse. The only way people are going to be able to come to the father is if Jesus does what needs to be done. It doesn't say they need to understand what needs to be done, or that they need to appreciate the sacrifice that He makes on their behalf, or that they even need to be aware that the crucifixion took place at all.

Now let's take a look at my favorite part of that passage, where Jesus identifies WHO exactly will come to the Father through Him:

On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. 21 Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them.

And there you have it. Those who have His commands and follow them. Not those who wave their Christian identity around like a banner. Not those who believe that the writings compiled by the 4th century church are the inerrant word of God. Those who have His commands and follow them. Those who forgive others. Those who don't judge others. Those who treat others the way they want to be treated, and most importantly, those who love each other.

In fact, I do believe Jesus just told us what sort of command He was talking about in the text I already quoted:

A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”

Jesus is about to die the very next day, and He has one command to give to His disciples. What is it?

Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.

Jesus doesn't care about our religion. He cares about whether we love one another.

You are wrong...

John 3:16-19 16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil.

Your interpretation of the word "believes" (a translation of the Greek "Pistos") is contradictory to scripture. You are using "believes" in the sense of one acknowledging Jesus as the Son of God. If that were the case, then demons will surely be saved:

When he arrived at the other side in the region of the Gadarenes,[a] two demon-possessed men coming from the tombs met him. They were so violent that no one could pass that way. 29 “What do you want with us, Son of God?” they shouted. “Have you come here to torture us before the appointed time?” -Matt 8:28

The Demons acknowledge Jesus as the Son of God. surely even Satan himself believes that Jesus is the Son of God. Does that make them saved? Will they not perish, but have eternal life? Surely not. It is because they don't love him. Love, as always, is the key ingredient here. The passage would read better this way:

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever loves him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever loves him is not condemned, but whoever does not love him stands condemned already because they have not loved God’s one and only Son. 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil.

This meaning of the word would be more consistent, unless you choose to believe that Satan and his demons are saved by their belief that Jesus is the Son of God.

And condemned to death and hell for not believing.

Any questions?

Unlike demons, who you apparently think are given life and Heaven for their belief.

Your interpretation of the word "believes" (a translation of the Greek "Pistos") is contradictory to scripture. You are using "believes" in the sense of one acknowledging Jesus as the Son of God. If that were the case, then demons will surely be saved:

This is why I end up ignoring you. This is just plain stupid.

"Pistos" mean "loyal" or "faithful." You mention the word and then leave out the true definition while stating matter of factly it is contradictory to believes??? It more or less means true believer.

The Demons acknowledge Jesus as the Son of God. surely even Satan himself believes that Jesus is the Son of God. Does that make them saved? Will they not perish, but have eternal life? Surely not. It is because they don't love him. Love, as always, is the key ingredient here. The passage would read better this way:

This meaning of the word would be more consistent, unless you choose to believe that Satan and his demons are saved by their belief that Jesus is the Son of God.

Unlike demons, who you apparently think are given life and Heaven for their belief.

Hebrews 2:16 16 For surely it is not angels that he helps, but he helps the offspring of Abraham.

Angles and demons are not human and not able to be saved for any reason.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom