• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Belgium: Six dead as car hits carnival crowd

If you do not see any point here, I cannot help you.
Lack of feelings cannot be mended, probably.

No, I mean whats the debate point? What did you want to debate or discuss? You posted this in BREAKING NEWS on a political debate forum

There is a dead silence now in the news.
Just as if nothing had happened.
Nothing to comment about.
Just nothing.
As if no journalist dared to write anything about it.

No, I mean whats the debate point? What did you want to debate or discuss? You posted this in BREAKING NEWS on a political debate forum
Yes.
It is not worth talking about.
6 people have died.
Many more are injured.
There is no word about the driver.
Just as if nothing had happened.
You may be right.
All this is not worth talking about.

Just a piece of boring news that cannot possible be of interest to anybody.
Good night!
Have a good sleep.

Last edited:
Look there:

There is also a very boring and un-interesting case - not worthy to talk about:

Aftermath of the Terror Attack on Breitscheid Platz Christmas Market: Germany’s Security Architecture and Parliamentary Inquiries​

Good night again - and have a good sleep.

Btw: This happened in Belgium and not in the US.
So it is all very boring and of no interest whatsoever.

Nothing good happens from 2AM -5AM on any public street or roadway. That period after people have had their fill of drink before going making it home to pass out. Most people who work a late shift are at least off work and home by midnight, and by 6AM are the early shift workers going out to start their day. But from 2AM (time when many bars close) to 5AM is the worst time to be on the roads.

Something must be done immediately (if not sooner) about car crime! ;)
Agreed. Of course, things have been done and are being done about car "crime" and car accidents. Now we should apply that thinking to guns. See how easy that was. Thanks for your logical pointer.

Agreed. Of course, things have been done and are being done about car "crime" and car accidents. Now we should apply that thinking to guns. See how easy that was. Thanks for your logical pointer.

This is typical of “Liberals” - let’s treat constitutional rights as if they were merely state issued privileges. Oddly, if one commits a “car crime” (or even a ‘serious’ felony) they normally do not lose their driving privileges for life.

Nah. We should ban cars with spoilers and any that can go faster than 30 mph, and make speeding and drunk driving a felony on the first offense, after which you lose your right to drive for life.
Recently read an article on a man with 9 drunken driving convictions being involved in a fatal accident while driving under the influence (surprise). The man had a lifetime ban from driving.

In short, bans mean nothing if people ignore them. Most gun crimes are committed by people prohibited from owning or possessing firearms. People with intelligence realize criminals don't obey laws. People with intelligence also recognize that futile efforts are meaningless. Especially those that penalize people who aren't committing crimes.

You can't drive illegally if you're in prison.
Tell that to the legal system. Thousands of convicted murders are roaming the street too.

This is typical of “Liberals” - let’s treat constitutional rights as if they were merely state issued privileges. Oddly, if one commits a “car crime” (or even a ‘serious’ felony) they normally do not lose their driving privileges for life.
I want to change the laws the same way you would. It wouldn't be easy, but we just need to fix that 2nd Amendment. I treat The Constitution with all due respect.

Tell that to the legal system. Thousands of convicted murders are roaming the street too.

And tens of thousands aren't. Nothing is perfect. At least we try when it comes to murder.

No new news about the case?

Really strange.
No news whatsoever who those to drivers were.
They must be known quite well by now and also their backgrounds.

Maybe they told the police: "We will say nothing without our lawyers!"
But even then that might be worth reporting.

Maybe it is a case of: "The criminals are worth more protection than their victims!"

How tragic! I guess we'll wait to see what was the motive. Apparently it wasn't a high speed chase, so the only other reason I can imagine is a disgruntled person.
From what I heard on the radio today it was an extreme case of drunken driving.

And tens of thousands aren't. Nothing is perfect. At least we try when it comes to murder.
The same can be said for illegal gun users. You break the law; you go to jail. We don't punish those who don't break the law to try to get at those who do.

The same can be said for illegal gun users. You break the law; you go to jail. We don't punish those who don't break the law to try to get at those who do.

Gun control zealots don't care about the typical "illegal gun user." Too many of them and theirs vote Democrat. They care about law abiding gun users, because they think that every one of them, at any second, could and would start murdering people at random for no reason.

Back
Top Bottom