• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Belgian senator wants to castrate priests with 2 bricks

bub

R.I.P. Léo
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Lalibre.be - Jean-Marie Dedecker veut "castrer" Vangheluwe "avec deux briques"

There are also scandals about pedophile priests in Belgium, and there's an inquiry about the bishop Vangheluwe, who appears to have abused his nephew during several years and then paid for his silence, and the church authorities knew about that.

The church said it wanted to handle this problem itself, but a politician said it was not acceptable: according to him, the bishop should be arrested, jailed and castrated. He added "I can handle the castration myself, just give me two bricks" :2razz:

Agree with him fully. Priests should not get any special treatment when they break the law, just because they are priests. They should be treated as the rest of the scum that abuse children.

I would say they should be treated more harshly than someone not claiming to be righteous, at least with the molestache people you know "don't let my kid around them alone"; with a priest you *were* able to assume they would be safe.

It should be child molestation + entrapment or something.

Back
Top Bottom