• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Belarus Yard Sale

“Facts” he says about hijacking yet another thread.

How, exactly, does discussing massive amounts of looting.....in a thread about looting.....hijack anything.

What about the Russians? Why are you hijacking the thread?

He said he wasn’t aware of US personnel auctioning off looted material, so I informed him. You being triggered by the facts doesn’t change them.

No one is surprised that a Putin’s Pal is once again trying to hijack a thread with his weeks old whines and outright lies.

No one is surprised you hurled yourself into yet another thread without bothering to become aware of the facts and have humiliated yourself as a result.....again.

How, exactly, does discussing massive amounts of looting.....in a thread about looting.....hijack anything.

It’s a thread about the huge amount of looting being done by the Russian army. As usual, you dishonestly hijack the thread with your whataboutism.

Gee bud, then where did the fifteen thousand plus Iraqi artifacts the government did manage to recover come from? Did Martians take them?🙄

There is no indication whatsoever that they were looted by US servicemen. Please quit your lying and hijacking.

This is a lie.
It’s a thread about the huge amount of looting being done by the Russian army. As usual, you dishonestly hijack the thread with your whataboutism.

Chicago Tribune proved otherwise bud.

It’s a thread about looting, and you are triggered because you have to face actual facts rather than the convenient fairy tales you are so desperate to cling to.

No one is surprised you hurled yourself into yet another thread without bothering to become aware of the facts and have humiliated yourself as a result.....again.

More psychological projection on your part.

Chicago Tribune proved otherwise bud.

It’s a thread about looting, and you are triggered because you have to face actual facts rather than the convenient fairy tales you are so desperate to cling to.

Read the title and the OP. More hijacking from you.

Hijacking of the thread.
There is no indication whatsoever that they were looted by US servicemen. Please quit your lying and hijacking.

Pointing out reality. I know that triggers you

Gee, other than the fact that the artifacts are tracked TO the servicemen or contractors. Duh.

People steal what they think can get money for. In a country like Belarus, every day stuff might fetch a good price. In Iraq, it was archaeological relics.

As bad as that is, I would argue that robbing and looting from the living is always worse than robbing and looting from the dead.

Pointing out reality. I know that triggers you

Gee, other than the fact that the artifacts are tracked TO the servicemen or contractors. Duh.

Triggers blah blah blah. Such juvenility from you constantly.

As bad as that is, I would argue that robbing and looting from the living is always worse than robbing and looting from the dead.

I don’t know about that. I feel like something of immense cultural value, like a sculpture or other archaeological relic, is a lot more important than, like, a household appliance or something.

I don’t know about that. I feel like something of immense cultural value, like a sculpture or other archaeological relic, is a lot more important than, like, a household appliance or something.

Maybe. But if American GIs were stealing Iraqi civilians' meager food supplies, their cars, or household appliances to sell I would find that far more disgusting (especially in a country that had experienced famine).

Though in this case, the Russians seem to have murdered many of the owners of the items which they stole. So in many cases there is no one to miss them.

Maybe. But if American GIs were stealing Iraqi civilians' meager food supplies, their cars, or household appliances to sell I would find that far more disgusting.

Though in this case, the Russians seem to have murdered many of the owners of the items which they stole.

Nor were they executing people in order to rob them of their cell phones.

Maybe. But if American GIs were stealing Iraqi civilians' meager food supplies, their cars, or household appliances to sell I would find that far more disgusting (especially in a country that had experienced famine).

Though in this case, the Russians seem to have murdered many of the owners of the items which they stole. So in many cases there is no one to miss them.

It’s a clear cut example of how putting on a uniform doesn’t make a saint out of anyone. If you were willing to kill to get someone’s stuff in the civilian world, well.....you’ll be willing to do it in another country too. Another reason why conscription got scrapped.

Of course, we’ve also had plenty of cases of guys in Iraq or Afghanistan deciding to form their own impromptu death squads(the fact that NOBODY served jail time for Haditha still boggles my mind). So I suppose you never really know.

It’s a clear cut example of how putting on a uniform doesn’t make a saint out of anyone. If you were willing to kill to get someone’s stuff in the civilian world, well.....you’ll be willing to do it in another country too.

Yes, that’s what the Russians are doing.

Back
Top Bottom