• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Belarus Yard Sale

The person who started babbling about “barbarism” while ignoring the simple fact that the US military is every bit as guilty. Does that make us “barbaric”? No, because people steal. Putting on the uniform doesn’t change that.
No the US military is not "every bit as guilty" as the Russian military. That is a false equivalence that amounts to a lie.

The US military is a little tiny bit guilty in comparison to the Russiam military's massive guilt.

No the US military is not "every bit as guilty" as the Russian military. That is a false equivalence that amounts to a lie.

The US military is a little tiny bit guilty in comparison to the Russiam military's massive guilt.

There’s literally thousands of artifacts— plus who knows how many more gone forever— that say otherwise.

There’s literally thousands of artifacts— plus who knows how many more gone forever— that say otherwise.
No, they don't say otherwise. This has been explained to you already.

No, they don't say otherwise. This has been explained to you already.

Going “uh unh!” is not an “explanation”, especially, as I already pointed out, because the looters largely weren’t punished in any way, shape or form.

Nope. It does, however, mean that your hysterics were in the wrong thread from the start. Especially since you ran like the wind to dodge the question.
Or Gee, start paying attention to the thread topic before you post.
You claimed you were pointing out hypocrisy by defending Russia/Putin, but you could not cite anyone being hypocritical.
You claim you aren't defending Putin/Russia, yet it's been evidenced you are, by deflecting from their bad behavior in Ukraine (repeatedly)
You appear not to have known that in addition to pillaging ,that Russians are torturing people, killing them, and raping them.
You create a false equivlancey in comparing Russians plunder to U.S. plunder, when the U.S. has worked to gather and return thousands of what you claimed were stolen...

Who is running? You never did make a cogent argument and your fallacy has been demonstrated.

You claimed you were pointing out hypocrisy by defending Russia/Putin, but you could not cite anyone being hypocritical.
You claim you aren't defending Putin/Russia, yet it's been evidenced you are, by deflecting from their bad behavior in Ukraine (repeatedly)
You appear not to have known that in addition to pillaging ,that Russians are torturing people, killing them, and raping them.
You create a false equivlancey in comparing Russians plunder to U.S. plunder, when the U.S. has worked to gather and return thousands of what you claimed were stolen...

Who is running? You never did make a cogent argument and your fallacy has been demonstrated.

I pointed out PRECISELY where the hypocrisy was. You went “uh unh” because you didn’t want to face facts.

Not only did you not know about the looting of tens of thousands of artifacts and the massive sexual assault problem we have, you clearly don’t care about either, which makes your sputtering about “barbarism” meaningless.

Going “but we are giving back what we took!” does not excuse taking it in the first place, particularly when nobody is held accountable for doing so.

In short, your posts amount to one big tantrum.

People steal what they think can get money for. In a country like Belarus, every day stuff might fetch a good price. In Iraq, it was archaeological relics.

I missed where the coalition troops set up ‘bazaars’ to sell their stolen goods.

You have been engaging in a robust defense of the Russian position since your return to active forum participation.

As I just pointed out, the same type of thing happened in Iraq. People steal. Putting on the uniform doesn’t change that.

Goal post moving and whataboutism.. The post that you quoted wasn’t about stealing.

I missed where the coalition troops set up ‘bazaars’ to sell their stolen goods.

You have been engaging in a robust defense of the Russian position since your return to active forum participation.

You really did, huh.

“U.S. Marine Corps reservist Matthew Boulay witnessed illicit trading even on military bases[38] Flea markets authorized by the camp commanders included a booth with antiquities for $20, $40 or $100 each.[39] Boulay asked Gibson and was told that these artifacts were real. Gibson asked Boulay to ask the base commander to stop these sales. When Boulay informed his platoon commander he got a "cease and desist" order forbidding any more emails about the issue to anyone.[39]”

So you ARE saying that the US is a criminal state then?
Are US military members stealing while they are in uniform with no consequences? If yes, I am saying that the US is a criminal state.

Are US military members stealing while they are in uniform with no consequences? If yes, I am saying that the US is a criminal state.

From earlier in the thread.

I pointed out PRECISELY where the hypocrisy was. You went “uh unh” because you didn’t want to face facts.
Lies. You did no such thing.
Not only did you not know about the looting of tens of thousands of artifacts and the massive sexual assault problem we have,
Because you can mindread now? Please.
you clearly don’t care about either, which makes your sputtering about “barbarism” meaningless.
I already stated those behaviors are bad. More lies.

Going “but we are giving back what we took!” does not excuse taking it in the first place, particularly when nobody is held accountable for doing so.
In short, your posts amount to one big tantrum.
Projection.

I never knew your posts were this full of dishonesty...I suppose I should go back to ignoring them.

Lies. You did no such thing.

Because you can mindread now? Please.

I already stated those behaviors are bad. More lies.

Projection.

I never knew your posts were this full of dishonesty...I suppose I should go back to ignoring them.

You not wanting to face up to it doesn’t change the facts. As usual.

You squirmed and howled about how pointing them out “defends Putin” and tried to pretend that giving them back a decade plus later somehow excuses it.

I couldn’t care less bud. Once again, the facts don’t care about your feelings.

Goods that were stolen by US servicemen and contractors in the first place in many cases, as I already pointed out,

Beside, I have every right to point out hypocrisy.....and I’ve seen plenty of it lately.

No one is surprised that a Putin’s Pal is once again trying to hijack a thread with his weeks old whines and outright lies.

You really did, huh.

“U.S. Marine Corps reservist Matthew Boulay witnessed illicit trading even on military bases[38] Flea markets authorized by the camp commanders included a booth with antiquities for $20, $40 or $100 each.[39] Boulay asked Gibson and was told that these artifacts were real. Gibson asked Boulay to ask the base commander to stop these sales. When Boulay informed his platoon commander he got a "cease and desist" order forbidding any more emails about the issue to anyone.[39]”

What about the Russians? Why are you hijacking the thread?

You not wanting to face up to it doesn’t change the facts. As usual.

You squirmed and howled about how pointing them out “defends Putin” and tried to pretend that giving them back a decade plus later somehow excuses it.

I couldn’t care less bud. Once again, the facts don’t care about your feelings.

“Facts” he says about hijacking yet another thread.

From earlier in the thread.

Thanks for proving my point. US supports criminal activity. Raping and pillaging is no longer an accepted part of military behavior. How you feel about US military collecting 'trophies' is a short leap from artifacts to body parts.

What about the Russians? Why are you [Tigerace117] hijacking the thread?

An excellent way of explaining what Russians are to Americans is to point out where they are similar and where they are different.

It seems Tigerace is just pointing out that GI Joe and the Russian boot may not be that far apart when it comes to misbehaviour. GI Joe helped popularize "collateral damage" in lexicon. It is a nice clinical way following the aftermath of GI Joe hammering civilians.

An excellent way of explaining what Russians are to Americans is to point out where they are similar and where they are different.

It seems Tigerace is just pointing out that GI Joe and the Russian boot may not be that far apart when it comes to misbehaviour. GI Joe helped popularize "collateral damage" in lexicon. It is a nice clinical way following the aftermath of GI Joe hammering civilians.

They’re not “similar”. False equivalence. His examples were totally ridiculous. Although I know that you Putin Pals support one another.

Thanks for proving my point. US supports criminal activity. Raping and pillaging is no longer an accepted part of military behavior. How you feel about US military collecting 'trophies' is a short leap from artifacts to body parts.

I wouldn’t quite say that, but it has been well established that our looters got off scot free basically all of the time.

Back
Top Bottom