• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Belarus Mess

Putin probably has more than $1.5 billion in his couch.....

Belarusians are Europeans , Muscovites are the mongols , and puin knows it

Don't lie Litwin.

The RUSSIANS defeated the Mongols.

Don't lie Litwin.

The RUSSIANS defeated the Mongols.
lol...I thought he said "Mongrels," which sort of makes sense from an "I hate Russians" point of view. The other does not.

not Belarus , but regime of ex- president Lukašenka

Incorrect as usual.

How can the citizens of WHITE RUSSIA be offended by the name WHITE RUSSIA which is what Belarus means?

It is actually an outsiders term for it. But their ethnonym internally is Belarusian. I guess it's kind of like calling Louisiana "New France"

Scarlett Johansson isn't Belarussian. She was born in NYC. Scarlett is a New Yorker.

Her dad is a Danish Swede and her mom a Polish Jew, also born in New York, once surnamed Schlamberg. I guess if her mom's family lived far enough east in Poland that could be spun to mean Belarussian. But, that's her mom.

Like many Americans she's a mutt. I can relate in having German, Irish, Polish, Scottish, French and Hopi roots myself.

Like many Americans she's a mutt. I can relate in having German, Irish, Polish, Scottish, French and Hopi roots myself.
Yeah, we're supposedly healthier because of it. So far so good over here on that front.

Which literally means "White Rus" in that language.
not that simple , ask an Belarusian historian on FB and you will get A4 answer . + ancient Rus´ state (confederation) has no connection to Moscow ulus
Kyiv Rus has nothing to do with "russia", Timothy Snyder

The name Russia is literary derived from the earlier name Rus.

not that simple , ask an Belarusian historian on FB and you will get A4 answer . + ancient Rus´ state (confederation) has no connection to Moscow ulus

IMO, Belarus is really just East Poland. But that’s an American perspective. We like to simplify.

It really is that simple.

In the video Timothy Snyder confirms there is a nation called RUSSIA.

I suspect no Belarus citizen cares what Timothy Snyder says.

It really is that simple.

In the video Timothy Snyder confirms there is a nation called RUSSIA.

I suspect no Belarus citizen cares what Timothy Snyder says.
Though there is more to the history of Belarus, it's fair to say it is far more Slavic than Russian.

In the 9th century the territory of modern Belarus became part of Kievan Rus', a vast East Slavic state ruled by the Rurikid dynasty....Many early Rus' principalities were virtually razed or severely affected by a major Mongol invasion in the 13th century, but the lands of modern Belarus avoided the brunt of the invasion and eventually joined the Grand Duchy of Lithuania.

The Muscovites, led by Ivan III of Moscow, began military campaigns in 1486 in an attempt to incorporate the former lands of Kievan Rus', specifically the territories of modern Belarus, Russia and Ukraine
Muscovy...lol.

Though there is more to the history of Belarus, it's fair to say it is far more Slavic than Russian.

Muscovy...lol.

Errrr

Russians are Slavic.

And yes, Muscovy was Muscovy... Until they swallowed up the Rus and other states and declared themselves Russia. Nearly 500 years ago.

Errrr

Russians are Slavic.
Ethnic Russians are. Sure. But the country of Russia is much more ethnically diverse than meets the eye.

Hell, they have nearly two million Germans and Mordovians living there. Plus, I doubt any of the Asiatic ethnicities like the Armenians, Chechens, Georgians and Tatars see themselves as Slavic. Not to mention the Jews. They probably see being called Slavic as an insult. In a meltingpot sense, Russia is like the US, just different.

And yes, Muscovy was Muscovy... Until they swallowed up the Rus and other states and declared themselves Russia. Nearly 500 years ago.
Well, yeah. It's an archaic term because it's ancient.

Ethnic Russians are. Sure. But the country of Russia is much more ethnically diverse than meets the eye.

Hell, they have nearly two million Germans and Mordovians living there. Plus, I doubt any of the Asiatic ethnicities like the Armenians, Chechens, Georgians and Tatars see themselves as Slavic. Not to mention the Jews. They probably see being called Slavic as an insult. In a meltingpot sense, Russia is like the US, just different.

Well, yeah. It's an archaic term because it's ancient.

Something I have told Litwin a gazillion times.

Back
Top Bottom