• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Belarus Harbinger?

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Is this the future--unpopular presidents win with 80% of the vote?

Belarus election: Protests as preliminary results give President Lukashenko an overwhelming victory - CNN

Belarus' main opposition candidate, Svetlana Tikhanovskaya, has rejected preliminary election results giving the country's longtime President, Alexander Lukashenko, a landslide election victory with 80% of the vote.

"I believe my own eyes, the majority was for us," Tikhanovskaya said in a news conference on Monday, according to multiple local media reports. "We do not recognize the election results. We have seen real protocols. We urge those who believe that their voice was stolen not to remain silent."

Coming soon to America?

It would be nice if there was some international monitoring body for national elections. It would have to be through some neutral third party, like the UN, and composed of members from all sorts of different nations.

The Belarus election was rigged and everyone knew beforehand that Lukashenka would win via fraud.

No international election monitors were allowed. There was unrest all night in cities across the country.

Looks to be a country under siege by the new version of Soviet Russia. Hungary, Poland all of the old Eastern Block nations appear to be in deep trouble right now.

Looks to be a country under siege by the new version of Soviet Russia. Hungary, Poland all of the old Eastern Block nations appear to be in deep trouble right now.

The whole world is tetering on a knifes edge. George Floyd's killing opened the Pandora's box of unrest here in the U.S., the media has fomented so much hateful divisevness that we are near Civil war and tRump has done everything he can to make matters worse.

The greeedy World's Central Banksters have ridded curency's around the world into the ground to the point that Money is worthless, look at interest rates and stock market values. The Banksters and the 1%, often the same people, know what they've done, they know it's about to crash hard so they are jockying to be in controll of whatever they can engineer to be the next wealth generation mechanism.

The public is out with their tourches and pitch forks, the wealthy believe if they can keep us at each others throats they have nothing to worry about; and they may be right.

The whole world is tetering on a knifes edge. George Floyd's killing opened the Pandora's box of unrest here in the U.S., the media has fomented so much hateful divisevness that we are near Civil war and tRump has done everything he can to make matters worse.

The greeedy World's Central Banksters have ridded curency's around the world into the ground to the point that Money is worthless, look at interest rates and stock market values. The Banksters and the 1%, often the same people, know what they've done, they know it's about to crash hard so they are jockying to be in controll of whatever they can engineer to be the next wealth generation mechanism.

The public is out with their tourches and pitch forks, the wealthy believe if they can keep us at each others throats they have nothing to worry about; and they may be right.

Last night while speaking with the wife, I voiced something I've been thinking for a long time. "I am so glad to be in the final 20-30 years of life and not looking up at facing 50 to 60 more in the dystopian future we all know is coming."

She did not disagree.

Sounds like hyperbole.

It's not hyperbole.

A sobering thought from Representative Ted Lieu:

"I’m going to keep shouting this: with conservative control of Supreme Court, WH & Senate, the House can’t stop voter suppression. That means we must prepare voters to overcome it. If you’re going to vote by mail, then vote early. If you’re voting on 11/3, then expect long lines."

https://twitter.com/tedlieu/status/1292192773534179328

Republicans are openly cheating, they have nearly three more months to make it worse, and we're on our own.

Last night while speaking with the wife, I voiced something I've been thinking for a long time. "I am so glad to be in the final 20-30 years of life and not looking up at facing 50 to 60 more in the dystopian future we all know is coming."

She did not disagree.

She voted for Trump.

She did not disagree.

I love my grandkids, I love having them to enjoy but I do worry about their future in a world of diminishing resources and increasing population controlled by a greedy few that have total disregard for anyone but themselves and are masters at manipulating ... enough ... of the population to work against their own best interests.

She did not disagree.

As a Black man, I can tell you that the world has never been better.

When my family first moved to the U.S. there were angry neighbors protesting about N-word's moving into their neighborhoods. As Black families moved in, White families fled.

The idea of a Black president was inconceivable. Today, seeing people from around the world supporting BLM is revolutionary.

I would argue that the world is generally getting better. It's not a straight line.

It's not hyperbole.

"I’m going to keep shouting this: with conservative control of Supreme Court, WH & Senate, the House can’t stop voter suppression. That means we must prepare voters to overcome it. If you’re going to vote by mail, then vote early. If you’re voting on 11/3, then expect long lines."

Republicans are openly cheating, they have nearly three more months to make it worse, and we're on our own.

Yep, mail slow-down, voting polls shut down, purging the rolls...the writing is on the wall.

As a Black man, I can tell you that the world has never been better.

When my family first moved to the U.S. there were angry neighbors protesting about N-word's moving into their neighborhoods. As Black families moved in, White families fled.

The idea of a Black president was inconceivable. Today, seeing people from around the world supporting BLM is revolutionary.

I would argue that the world is generally getting better. It's not a straight line.

If the fascists gain the control I see them vying for, those gains will be a distant memory.

If the fascists gain the control I see them vying for, those gains will be a distant memory.

Fascists like Trump are liars. They never deliver what they promise. Eventually, people realize they've been manipulated and lied to.

The move toward diversity is the natural direction of nature. It cannot successfully be opposed for long.

Fascists like Trump are liars. They never deliver what they promise. Eventually, people realize they've been manipulated and lied to.

The move toward diversity is the natural direction of nature. It cannot successfully be opposed for long.

I hope you are right, but fascists do a lot of damage before they are deposed. Trump already ushered in over 160K unnecessary deaths. The most famous one killed well over 6 million and was responsible for the deaths of maybe 50 million more.

Yep, mail slow-down, voting polls shut down, purging the rolls...the writing is on the wall.

For two years now I've been saying that if Trump loses, the most dangerous political time in America's history will be between November 4 and January 20 of 2021. I was right in essence but wrong on the details. The most dangerous time started approximately a month ago.

America's democracy is collapsing in real time, and we have a front row seat.

I believe that some of the former Soviet republics have been rigging their elections since independence in 1991. Not long ago in Russia, they changed their Constitution in a way that will basically allow Putin to remain in power in one way or another for as long as he likes. Under such circumstances, who is surprised by what just happened in Belarus?

It's not hyperbole.

Vote early and often.

Back
Top Bottom