• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Being White_Louis CK (some profanity)

opendebate

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
This guy is so freakin funny and insightful. I think he just cuts through the BS and calls us all out on our nonsense. Tell me what you think
Louis CK - Being White - YouTube

It's an act. An act that he does for money.

Yeah, but it's a good act, isn't it? I love that 'Being White' monologue, and I love the 'Faggot' monologue too; it's the very opposite of homophobic humour. Great!

This guy is so freakin funny and insightful. I think he just cuts through the BS and calls us all out on our nonsense. Tell me what you think
Louis CK - Being White - YouTube

It's sad when the most intelligent thing you can think of is some retarded comedy stand up from a loser who made fun of his own family because he's too stupid to make real comedy. Good for them that they left him.

Yeah, but it's a good act, isn't it? I love that 'Being White' monologue, and I love the 'Faggot' monologue too; it's the very opposite of homophobic humour. Great!

It's actually pretty dim-witted comedy. Maybe it's just me but I have more elevated taste in comedy.

Last edited:
It's an act. An act that he does for money.

He chooses his content carefully because he is an artist. The content has a value beyond what it puts in his pocket. He's not a wall street banker.

It's sad when the most intelligent thing you can think of is some retarded comedy stand up from a loser who made fun of his own family because he's too stupid to make real comedy. Good for them that they left him.

It's actually pretty dim-witted comedy. Maybe it's just me but I have more elevated taste in comedy.

Or maybe you think a little too much of yourself or a little to little of others because they don't follow in your footsteps.

He is not a bad comedian. I have seen all his acts available in Youtube. But he is mostly not as good.

Or maybe you think a little too much of yourself or a little to little of others because they don't follow in your footsteps.

I don't know if I think too highly of myself, I have no other reference. I do however don't find Louie here funny or particularly smart for that matter. Humor is a sign of wit and intelligence, qualities of which he is deprived of.

I don't know if I think too highly of myself, I have no other reference. I do however don't find Louie here funny or particularly smart for that matter. Humor is a sign of wit and intelligence, qualities of which he is deprived of.

In your opinion. Just because you do not connect with the material or like it because of the insights he shines the spotlight on does not make your statement about him accurate. It's like someone who goes to the Guggenheim and thinks it's boring.

In your opinion. Just because you do not connect with the material or like it because of the insights he shines the spotlight on does not make your statement about him accurate. It's like someone who goes to the Guggenheim and thinks it's boring.

Well ofc it's my bloody opinion, whose opinion and I going to speak about? can i speak in your name? No I can't. And since everyone has their own particular taste in comedy, I can only represent myself in this discussion. And I find it him rather plain. An entertainment for the peasants and that is reflected in his material. Poorly written, no intellectual foundation, basically made-up **** to entertain the great unwashed. And if you think the masses aren't stupid, well then you're wrong. They are. How else could idiots thrive from making stupid music, stupid movies and stupid entertainment.

Well ofc it's my bloody opinion, whose opinion and I going to speak about? can i speak in your name? No I can't. And since everyone has their own particular taste in comedy, I can only represent myself in this discussion. And I find it him rather plain. An entertainment for the peasants and that is reflected in his material. Poorly written, no intellectual foundation, basically made-up **** to entertain the great unwashed. And if you think the masses aren't stupid, well then you're wrong. They are. How else could idiots thrive from making stupid music, stupid movies and stupid entertainment.

You are entitled to your opinion but you go beyond that. You judge those who choose to be a part of his audience; quite harshly I might add. Why is that necessary? It is easy to assume because his material offends you. Not because it is inane, because it isn't, but because it pushes you buttons and you don't like it.

You are entitled to your opinion but you go beyond that. You judge those who choose to be a part of his audience; quite harshly I might add. Why is that necessary? It is easy to assume because his material offends you. Not because it is inane, because it isn't, but because it pushes you buttons and you don't like it.

Well dr. Freud, if you wish to psychoanalyze me, yes, I do find this material offensive. offensively stupid. Just like I find a lot of things offensively stupid. Such as rap music or most holywood films or celebrities giving political opinions (even when they mirror my own, regardless how rarely that is) and not knowing their place at the bottom of the food chain. And I shall not deny myself the pleasure of shaming and ridiculing the idiots who give credence to them. And like those above, I find Louis Ck to be one of the idiots within the comedy business which is not only at the bottom of the comedy food chain, he is also on the bottom of the intellectual one.

As I said, his stupidity and lack of creativity in his material caused him to go on and brutally embarrass and insult his wife and kids on stage, fact that prompted them to leave his sorry, idiotic ass. He is not a smart or gifted comedian. he is just a loud one.

If you are looking for "comedians" who are better at socio-political ridicule, look up George Carlin. He may not be "ha ha" stimulating all the time, but he is more intellectually stimulating and his acts show signs of knowledge and intelligence on the issues he talks of. Unlike louis ck...

Well dr. Freud, if you wish to psychoanalyze me, yes, I do find this material offensive. offensively stupid. Just like I find a lot of things offensively stupid. Such as rap music or most holywood films or celebrities giving political opinions (even when they mirror my own, regardless how rarely that is) and not knowing their place at the bottom of the food chain. And I shall not deny myself the pleasure of shaming and ridiculing the idiots who give credence to them. And like those above, I find Louis Ck to be one of the idiots within the comedy business which is not only at the bottom of the comedy food chain, he is also on the bottom of the intellectual one.

As I said, his stupidity and lack of creativity in his material caused him to go on and brutally embarrass and insult his wife and kids on stage, fact that prompted them to leave his sorry, idiotic ass. He is not a smart or gifted comedian. he is just a loud one.

If you are looking for "comedians" who are better at socio-political ridicule, look up George Carlin. He may not be "ha ha" stimulating all the time, but he is more intellectually stimulating and his acts show signs of knowledge and intelligence on the issues he talks of. Unlike louis ck...

I happen to adore George Carlin for many of the same reasons I adore LCK. The subject of LCK material is more everyday, but most of us live everyday lives. His insights are still just as sharp.

The same would of course be true of your opinion, be it positive or negative, wouldn't it?

I happen to adore George Carlin for many of the same reasons I adore LCK. The subject of LCK material is more everyday, but most of us live everyday lives. His insights are still just as sharp.

Well, you may think that... so does the great unwashed.

The same would of course be true of your opinion, be it positive or negative, wouldn't it?

I am not commenting about his statements regarding whether not he just likes it. It's all the judgment and condemnation of LCK and his audience. Why is it necessary to extend it that far and in that way? Feels a little over the top to me.

Well, you may think that... so does the great unwashed.

So you are calling me the great unwashed. That't freakin' hysterical. Do you realize how frail that makes you seem?

So you are calling me the great unwashed. That't freakin' hysterical. Do you realize how frail that makes you seem?

I'm just saying that your taste in comedy is similar to theirs. Now that's not a bad thing, you're part of the big herd.

But then again... do you want to be part of such a prestigious congregation that is swayed by any charismatic jackass.

I'm just saying that your taste in comedy is similar to theirs. Now that's not a bad thing, you're part of the big herd.

But then again... do you want to be part of such a prestigious congregation that is swayed by any charismatic jackass.

Point is, it's an enormous leap on your part. You do not know nearly enough about me to make such a judgment. It says much more about you then me.

Point is, it's an enormous leap on your part. You do not know nearly enough about me to make such a judgment. It says much more about you then me.

It's not an enormous leap on my part. It's social math.
Also, what is my opinion about you worth to you? Why do you care? i'm just some random bloke on the internet.

Back
Top Bottom