• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Being Nerdy about Cereal.

cpgrad08

American
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Here is my nerd side coming out, but ever since they became seasonal items back in 2010 I have looked forward for the release of General mills monster cereals: Count Chocula, Franken berry and Boo berry. This year it seems I can get really nerd out since they are bring back there two monster cereals that haven't been seen since the early 90's: Fruit Brute and Fruity Yummy Mummy. Also it seems you can get them in retro boxes at target ( I just love retro designs).

Monster Cereals Fruit Brute, Yummy Mummy Rise from the Dead - Speakeasy - WSJ

So what cereals from your childhood that still puts a smile on your face?

monster-cereal-retro.jpg

Last edited:
i'm going to have to buy a box or two of those. haven't had any of them since 1984 or so.

Here is my nerd side coming out, but ever since they became seasonal items back in 2010 I have looked forward for the release of General mills monster cereals: Count Chocula, Franken berry and Boo berry. This year it seems I can get really nerd out since they are bring back there two monster cereals that haven't been seen since the early 90's: Fruit Brute and Fruity Yummy Mummy. Also it seems you can get them in retro boxes at target ( I just love retro designs).

Count Chocula was my favorite cereal when I was a kid. :)

i'm going to have to buy a box or two of those. haven't had any of them since 1984 or so.

I buy a truck load just to make sure I have a supply for the year.

i think Count Chocula was my favorite. only had frankenberry and booberry a couple times.

i think Count Chocula was my favorite. only had frankenberry and booberry a couple times.

Boo is my favorite. You should get a box of all 5 this year. I did always wondered why all them had ghost marshmallows when only one of them was a ghost.

I have tried them all but Count Chocula was my favorite. :thumbs:

Boo is my favorite. You should get a box of all 5 this year. I did always wondered why all them had ghost marshmallows when only one of them was a ghost.

wow, the first two you listed i never even saw the first time around.

wow, the first two you listed i never even saw the first time around.

They were discontinued in the late 80's, early 90's. Another reason why I'm pumped.

Frankenberry, not bad either. :mrgreen:

I always felt bad for Count Chocula. It just looks uncomfortable to eat like that.

I always felt bad for Count Chocula. It just looks uncomfortable to eat like that.

What about Booberry? How the hell is he supposed to eat with no spoon?

What about Booberry? How the hell is he supposed to eat with no spoon?
How's he supposed to eat period? He's a frikin' ghost!

How's he supposed to eat period? He's a frikin' ghost!

Really, you'd think the cereal would just fall right out of him onto the floor. :lol:

Really, you'd think the cereal would just fall right out of him onto the floor. :lol:

There's a slogan for GM cereal, "Booberry, the delicious cereal that falls right through you onto the floor, deliciously!"

View attachment 67153314

Believe it or not, back in my day there really wasn't that many box cereals. Of course we had Quater Oats, then there were corn flacks, raison brand, cherios, grape nuts and perhaps a couple of more. But none of the one you mentioned. no Captain Crunch, Flintstones, they all came later. I can remember when Post came out with their Post Alphabets, I don't even know if that is still around.

Now I wonder how many can remember toys in boxes of cereals or stuff like dish rags, towels and even a plate in laundry soap. Green stamps anyone?

There's a slogan for GM cereal, "Booberry, the delicious cereal that falls right through you onto the floor, deliciously!"

The Booberry ghost must be pissed. He looks like he's stoned and has the munchies.

Lucky Charms are good too.

Believe it or not, back in my day there really wasn't that many box cereals. Of course we had Quater Oats, then there were corn flacks, raison brand, cherios, grape nuts and perhaps a couple of more. But none of the one you mentioned. no Captain Crunch, Flintstones, they all came later. I can remember when Post came out with their Post Alphabets, I don't even know if that is still around.

Now I wonder how many can remember toys in boxes of cereals or stuff like dish rags, towels and even a plate in laundry soap. Green stamps anyone?
I must be a bit younger than you since Captain Crunch was around when I was a kid and I remember the launch of Peanut Butter Crunch. Also, cereals used to have Sugar in the title. Like Super Sugar Crisp, Sugar Frosted Flakes and Sugar Smacks. LOL

All kids cereals also came with toys! I remember rooting through the box to find the prize. Some cereals had "records" imprinted on the box too. I think I got a copy of "Sugar Sugar" on one, once.

Green Stamps were awesome. I think there were also Blue Chip stamps. Going to the exchange store was totally magical. Stuff for collecting books of those stamps. LOL

The Booberry ghost must be pissed. He looks like he's stoned and has the munchies.

Good evening, ChrisL. :2wave:

Now that was funny! :lamo: :thumbs:

Rice Crispies, because my grandmother had one on her arm. It turns out it was a skin tag, but I swear it looked just like a Rice Crispy. I used to ask her to show me her Rice Crispy. It was amazing.

Rice Crispies, because my grandmother had one on her arm. It turns out it was a skin tag, but I swear it looked just like a Rice Crispy. I used to ask her to show me her Rice Crispy. It was amazing.

:rofl That's kind of gross dude.

Back
Top Bottom