• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Being LGBT is Not a Sin

LGBTQ+ groups call on Congress, White House to direct more resources toward monkeypox,

Two Americans, including the US Army’s first openly transgender officer, were arrested after offering military personnel medical information to an undercover FBI agent posing as a Russian embassy employee.

What does this have to do with LGBT being sinful or not? Or do you just post news stories casting LGBT people in a negative light in order to justify some kind of discriminatory bigotry? When heterosexual people commit crimes you don't see their sexual/gender orientation highlighted in the media... How many hetero incels wind up shooting schools up? Should we say that's a "straight people problem?"

I fail to also see how LGBT people asking for resources regarding monkeypox is somehow relevant to the discussion or a "bad" thing?

Two Americans, including the US Army’s first openly transgender officer, were arrested after offering military personnel medical information to an undercover FBI agent posing as a Russian embassy employee.

Your point? You think trans people are Russian spies?

Newsom signs bill to make California a refuge for transgender youth and families

Again... what does this have to do with LGBT not being a sin? Will you respond to my previous post?

You do realize due to homophobia/transphobia that LGBT individuals largely have higher rates of mental illness and addiction, right? Maybe such laws will prevent suicides and overdoses. Then again many homophobes/transphobes say being LGBT itself is a mental illness and the depression/addiction that many in the community suffer from is due to being "mentally ill" as an LGBT person anyway... Must be nice to be on such a high horse as to judge and marginalize minority groups like that.

- You do realize due to homophobia/transphobia that LGBT individuals largely have higher rates of mental illness and addiction, right?

- You do realize due to antisemitism that Jew individuals largely have higher rates of mental illness and addiction, right?
Do they?

King's College in London doing study on menopause in "trans-women"

Apparently they got some money to research the non-existent phenomenon.
If scientists can study the effects of cow farts on the climate, why not spend a few dollars to find out how menopause effects trans-women?

- You do realize due to homophobia/transphobia that LGBT individuals largely have higher rates of mental illness and addiction, right?

- You do realize due to antisemitism that Jew individuals largely have higher rates of mental illness and addiction, right?
Do they?

This isn't even a rational reply.

King's College in London doing study on menopause in "trans-women"

Apparently they got some money to research the non-existent phenomenon.
If scientists can study the effects of cow farts on the climate, why not spend a few dollars to find out how menopause effects trans-women?

I pretty much dismissed everything the article had to say after the first sentence reads "Not to put too fine a point on it, but men pretending to be women do not get menopause." His bias is made fully known in the first sentence, and the actual study itself is literally a damn online questionnaire where transgender females fill out a survey as it relates to their beliefs/feelings regarding menopause and HRT... It's not some massive study looking at the non-existent "ovaries" of transgender females as they enter into a non-existent menopause as the article and seemingly you want to make it out to be.

While testifying at a House Oversight and Reform Committee hearing called on by Democrats to discuss how restricting abortions can harm a woman’s life, a planned Parenthood physician Dr. Bhavik Kumar insisted that men can get pregnant and have babies, “Men can have pregnancies, especially trans men.”

Rep. Mark Pocan, a Wisconsin Democrat, is pushing legislation that would establish a national museum of American LGBTQ+ History and Culture in the nation’s capital. The lawmaker has filed bills that would establish a commission to study the potential creation of the museum and house it within the Smithsonian Institution. The eight-member commission would have 18 months to study the viability of creating and constructing the museum in Washington. Mr. Pocan, who is gay, said the LGBT community must be able to tell its stories. “As our community faces unprecedented attacks and attempts to erase our history, we must preserve and protect our stories for future generations.”

Rep. Mark Pocan, a Wisconsin Democrat, is pushing legislation that would establish a national museum of American LGBTQ+ History and Culture in the nation’s capital. The lawmaker has filed bills that would establish a commission to study the potential creation of the museum and house it within the Smithsonian Institution. The eight-member commission would have 18 months to study the viability of creating and constructing the museum in Washington. Mr. Pocan, who is gay, said the LGBT community must be able to tell its stories. “As our community faces unprecedented attacks and attempts to erase our history, we must preserve and protect our stories for future generations.”

Good.

The American Academy of Pediatrics, American Medical Association, and Children’s Hospital Association sent a letter to Attorney General Merrick Garland urging him to “take swift action to investigate and prosecute” those who allegedly threaten or target hospitals and physicians who provide transgender surgery to minors.
“We call on the Department of Justice to investigate these attacks and social media platforms to reduce the spread of the misinformation enabling them.”

The American Academy of Pediatrics, American Medical Association, and Children’s Hospital Association sent a letter to Attorney General Merrick Garland urging him to “take swift action to investigate and prosecute” those who allegedly threaten or target hospitals and physicians who provide transgender surgery to minors.
“We call on the Department of Justice to investigate these attacks and social media platforms to reduce the spread of the misinformation enabling them.”

Good, but why are you posting this here?

Everything you have written is demonstrably false. Every study and every bit of research proves time and time again that no one is born gay. It’s a matter of nature v. nurture and being lgbt is a chosen and learned behavior.

I am a white guy. I can never choose to be black or Asian. My ethnicity is immutable. Sexuality is not; if it were there would not be thousands upon thousands of former homosexuals who left that self-destructive lifestyle and are now fully heterosexual and have procreated children the correct and natural away. If someone were truly born that way they could never chose to be anything but gay, but we’ve seen thousands of examples of why that is wrong.

Homosexuals live the most dangerous and self-destructive lifestyle imaginable. Their rates of depression, suicide, and sexually transmitted diseases are between 4-15x higher than heterosexuals. The most violent relationships are lesbian relationships; they have vastly higher rates of domestic violence than heterosexual relationships.

If sodomy were natural then identical twins, who are pretty much nature’s clones, would be one or the other, yet a study published about two to three years ago showed that less than 7% of identical twins were both homosexuals; 93% of homosexual identical twins had a heterosexual brother or sister. That was the final nail on the “born that way” myth.

Paul most certainly did not make such a word up, as it was in common usage long before Saul became Paul. As homosexuality is an abomination to the Lord He will never make anyone be born gay; that is impossible with a perfect and holy God.

Sodomy is absolutely a sin and one which sends people to hell. There will never be anyone in heaven who was “proud” of their sin. Every word written in both Testaments are God-breathed. They are Scripture because every word is inspired by God and are what He wants in there. A perfectly holy God must punish transgressions that go against His holy nature.

Everything you have written is demonstrably false. Every study and every bit of research proves time and time again that no one is born gay. It’s a matter of nature v. nurture and being lgbt is a chosen and learned behavior.
What "research" would that be? You also seem to confuse sexual orientation with behavior.
I am a white guy. I can never choose to be black or Asian. My ethnicity is immutable. Sexuality is not;
Sexuality is a spectrum.
if it were there would not be thousands upon thousands of former homosexuals who left that self-destructive lifestyle and are now fully heterosexual and have procreated children the correct and natural away.
Sexual orientation does not determine or affect one's fertility. Many homosexuals have children too. But what does that have to do with anything?
If someone were truly born that way they could never chose to be anything but gay, but we’ve seen thousands of examples of why that is wrong.
When did you choose to be (I assume) straight?
Homosexuals live the most dangerous and self-destructive lifestyle imaginable. Their rates of depression, suicide, and sexually transmitted diseases are between 4-15x higher than heterosexuals. The most violent relationships are lesbian relationships; they have vastly higher rates of domestic violence than heterosexual relationships.
Perhaps because they are harassed, discriminated against, ostracized, and marginalized by others, most likely straight individuals.
If sodomy were natural then identical twins, who are pretty much nature’s clones, would be one or the other, yet a study published about two to three years ago showed that less than 7% of identical twins were both homosexuals; 93% of homosexual identical twins had a heterosexual brother or sister.
Ever have oral sex, among other things? If so, you're a sodomite. Congratulations.
That was the final nail on the “born that way” myth.
You're argument is like a bent nail that's been pulled out and thrown away.
Paul most certainly did not make such a word up, as it was in common usage long before Saul became Paul. As homosexuality is an abomination to the Lord He will never make anyone be born gay; that is impossible with a perfect and holy God.
Too bad your god is irrelevant to the issue. Prove there's a god anyway!
Sodomy is absolutely a sin and one which sends people to hell. There will never be anyone in heaven who was “proud” of their sin. Every word written in both Testaments are God-breathed. They are Scripture because every word is inspired by God and are what He wants in there. A perfectly holy God must punish transgressions that go against His holy nature.
Who cares? Not everyone believes your religious BS, nor is required to! But it does make a great means for one to be ignorant and bigoted. Case in point, your post!

How is it false? I've posted scientific evidence showing same-sex attraction for most gay people is hardwired and not a choice.

Exodus International, the largest "ex-gay conversion therapy" center disbanded and issued an apology based on the harmful effects their ministry had on the LGBT community. As a gay Christian I TRIED and cried and begged God to kill me before the loneliness of being gay and questioning if it's right for me to even date was ok. I kept a "suicide bag" with substances that could end my life in a bag hidden in my family's house. The mental hell and anguish that myself and other LGBT Christians experience when faced with the dilemma of "same-sex attraction" almost always leads to self worth issues and major depression. It is most certainly not some choice or something someone can be "healed" from. No one probably taught you to like girls or find them attractive. When I was 13/14 and my sex drive "turned on" due to puberty I was instinctively attracted very very very strongly to men and not to women. I remember asking my friend who struggled with premarital sex what sex was like... he was like "it's like jerking off only the girl is there so you don't need to use an imagination and it feels 1000x better." I realized quickly that he actually was attracted to and very much turned on by women. By contrast, myself and many other gay people can testify that we literally lack the brain "software" to find anything about the opposite sex as being attracted both physically and romantically. I literally cannot "teach" myself to like female body parts anymore so than I can "delete" my programming liking the same-sex. Heterosexuals have an innate reproductive instinct for the opposite sex because that leads to reproduction. Why is it so farfetched to believe that sex drive and sexuality isn't some innate instinct programmed into the brain and that in an extremely small minority of people they have the "opposite sex's" reproductive programming? We know there are physiological differences between the hetero male brain and hetero female brain, and research I've posted points to how in homosexuals some of those structures and even hemispheric size are sex-atypical mirroring what the opposite sex has in terms of their heterosexuality. No one had to "teach me" how to like men, and I grew up in an extremely religiously conservative household that had 2 parents (no divorce) and was also homeschooled in a Christian program. By all means, no one "influenced" me to be gay and I spent many a night sobbing over my plight. Many churches don't even try to change sexuality anymore, mine just says that to live a holy life gays just need to be celibate.

Did it ever cross your mind that the mental health problems in LGBT individuals is due to the discrimination we face and complete misunderstanding we face by many hetero people? STI rates among LGBT populations is likely due to anal sex being more common among gay men and being a riskier vector for STI transmission coupled with less condom use due to (obviously) pregnancy not being an outcome. Should we use unwed or unplanned pregnancy as a metric for heterosexual sexual problems? Seems to lead to severe socioeconomic disadvantages and less than desirable outcomes.

Paul made up the word "arsenokoites." Please, show me how common it was used before Paul to mean "homosexual" and if so why did past translations say it meant "masturbator" or "boy rapist" or "bugger" or "sodomite?"

The word "homosexual" didn't even exist until the Germans coined the phrase in the 1800s and then English translations adopted it in the 40s and 80s. Many theologians get accused of "liberalizing" the Bible by arguing that "arsenokoitai" doesn't mean "homosexuals."

You've posted no science refusing me, and yeah there are theologians who argue that these Greek words mean a prohibition on all homosexual acts, but then again in Paul's time he was only exposed to sexual abuse in the context of homosexual sex. You clearly don't understand the science behind sexuality because it is most certainly not a choice.

I am a white guy. I can never choose to be black or Asian. My ethnicity is immutable. Sexuality is not; if it were there would not be thousands upon thousands of former homosexuals who left that self-destructive lifestyle and are now fully heterosexual and have procreated children the correct and natural away. If someone were truly born that way they could never chose to be anything but gay, but we’ve seen thousands of examples of why that is wrong.

If sodomy were natural then identical twins, who are pretty much nature’s clones, would be one or the other, yet a study published about two to three years ago showed that less than 7% of identical twins were both homosexuals; 93% of homosexual identical twins had a heterosexual brother or sister. That was the final nail on the “born that way” myth.

All that talk and not one shred of evidence. Tell me this; you say being gay is a choice. Does that mean you can right now choose to be attracted to someone of the same gender as you? You can't imagine being attracted to anyone other than someone of the opposite gender? Good, so you realize that sexuality is immute and it's not something you wake up one day and decide. I'm gay, I've only recently came to that realization a couple of years ago. However, when I look back at my upbringing, I realized that I always had an attraction to guys. It just took me awhile for my brain to catch up with my body.

How is it false? I've posted scientific evidence showing same-sex attraction for most gay people is hardwired and not a choice.
He's not interested in facts. He just wants to troll and rant against homosexuals.

If God exists and created people, some of whom are gay, that's his responsibility. So Christians who have a problem with gay people ultimately have a problem with God.
Nah, sin is a sexual perversion! What God gave was free will and they are making the choice to go against God, not illegal, just not in line with the Bible,. I do not wish those people be hated, or treated differently, or poorly, but when asked, or when reading a post like this, I will give an opinion based on faith, don't like it don't bring it to the forum, and expect everyone to agree with you!

Nah, sin is a sexual perversion! What God gave was free will and they are making the choice to go against God, not illegal, just not in line with the Bible,. I do not wish those people be hated, or treated differently, or poorly, but when asked, or when reading a post like this, I will give an opinion based on faith, don't like it don't bring it to the forum, and expect everyone to agree with you!
Prove there's a god!

Everything you have written is demonstrably false. Every study and every bit of research proves time and time again that no one is born gay
Post some links to these studies.

Why do gay people want to marry under a religion that prohibits it ? I never understood.
Because the Left wants to force people to like it.

They'll keep going until others stop giving in. Denmark, for example, passed a law REQUIRING churches to perform same sex unions. It'll take longer in the US, but make no mistake, that's the direction they want to go in. They just don't want freedom to, they want freedom from anyone disagreeing - already they're pushing the lie that being against same sex unions or the like is "hate" and of course they argue that "hate" is not free speech, so it's a small jump to the next step, where if you have "hateful" opinions, you can't express them or act in accordance with your beliefs.

1.) there is no objective evidence of any god, ever.

2.) If your unproven god is claimed to be all-knowing (omniscient) then we would not have free will because omniscience and free will are logically incompatible. If we do not have actual free will then sin is impossible because we didn't choose our actions. We cannot be punished for actions that we didn't choose. They were already chosen for us but because of the appearance of free will not actual free will they look like choices to us.

Because the Left wants to force people to like it.

They'll keep going until others stop giving in. Denmark, for example, passed a law REQUIRING churches to perform same sex unions. It'll take longer in the US, but make no mistake, that's the direction they want to go in. They just don't want freedom to, they want freedom from anyone disagreeing - already they're pushing the lie that being against same sex unions or the like is "hate" and of course they argue that "hate" is not free speech, so it's a small jump to the next step, where if you have "hateful" opinions, you can't express them or act in accordance with your beliefs.
A church or religion has never been forced by the state to do anything because a religious sacrament or even membership in any religion is not a constitutional right. That is part of the separation of church and state.

How are you being forced to do anything or even like trans people? The fact that trans people seek equal secular rights doesnt take anything away from you or anyone else. You have the free speech right to disagree and others have the equal right to call you a homophobe or transphobe.

You could do as your savior commanded people to do but that would likely be seen as religious persecution to his most conservative and hypocritical followers. Matthew 7:12, luke 6:31.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom