• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Being as stealth as you like, do any polital or media people monitor Debate Politics?

Smeagol

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I for one am more apt to make my views known if I'm fairly confident people with influence are paying attention to what I say. In fact, thinking I might be influencing society is a big motivator for me to participate on discussion boards. To your knowledge, do any politicians or media people monitor, have staff monitor or even participate on this discussion board?

I'm not 100% sure but I very much suspect one thread I started here ended up being the subject of a congressional debate. Why do I think this? :lol: I sometimes bring up stuff nobody else is talking about or are even aware. Then if a couple of weeks go by and the very conversation you started here is on the evening news then...just maybe. I've only seen a few possible topics I've started but more probable, just coincidences the topics of cable news shows. I've had a lot of similar apparent traction elsewhere even seeing stuff I've said quoted on major news programs and campaign speeches but I was eventually asked to leave and never come back. :lamo

Anyhoo, is anyone aware of politicians, their staff, pollsters, pundits, major bloggers or media people making Debate Politics a part of their public barometer routine?

Re: Being as stealth as you like, do any polital or media people monitor Debate Polit

Anyhoo, is anyone aware of politicians, their staff, pollsters, pundits, major bloggers or media people making Debate Politics a part of their public barometer routine?

No, we're all over on democraticunderground.com, of course.

Re: Being as stealth as you like, do any polital or media people monitor Debate Polit

To your knowledge, do any politicians or media people monitor, have staff monitor or even participate on this discussion board?

Honestly, why would they bother? It's not like they care, or need to feel a "pulse of the people." Once they get elected, they get paid well by lobbyists to do the job they got selected to be elected to do.

I for one am more apt to make my views known if I'm fairly confident people with influence are paying attention to what I say. In fact, thinking I might be influencing society is a big motivator for me to participate on discussion boards. To your knowledge, do any politicians or media people monitor, have staff monitor or even participate on this discussion board?

I'm not 100% sure but I very much suspect one thread I started here ended up being the subject of a congressional debate. Why do I think this? :lol: I sometimes bring up stuff nobody else is talking about or are even aware. Then if a couple of weeks go by and the very conversation you started here is on the evening news then...just maybe. I've only seen a few possible topics I've started but more probable, just coincidences the topics of cable news shows. I've had a lot of similar apparent traction elsewhere even seeing stuff I've said quoted on major news programs and campaign speeches but I was eventually asked to leave and never come back. :lamo

We've had members claim to be in th higher workings of the political world. One of them might have been truthful.

We've had members claim to be in th higher workings of the political world. One of them might have been truthful.

Another oxymoron.

I am actually the king of Canada but don't tell anybody, even my own people don't know it.

Honestly, why would they bother? It's not like they care, or need to feel a "pulse of the people." Once they get elected, they get paid well by lobbyists to do the job they got selected to be elected to do.

Agreed, but some do care. I also think there might be a lot of politicians who have their own soapbox issues they want to promote and possibly something said here could give them a eureka moment on advancing their own passions but in a better more effective way, cover an area they overlooked or contained a clever catchphrase they start using themselves.

For example: as far as I know I was the first person to add "sell to China" to the pro domestic oil drilling slogan "drill here, drill now" making it "drill here, drill now, sell to China" ( elsewhere in a former persona). I was debunking the "our own oil" myth bringing home the fact domestic oil production does not equate replacing imported oil in support of alternatives. Shortly afterwards I started hearing "drill here, drill now, sell to China" everywhere including on Meet The Press spoken by former Vice-President Gore. As far as I know, I was the first person to notice the possible prophetic 40 year symbolism in Martin Luther King's Mountain Top speech in 2008. After I posted that, I literally started hearing it everywhere. Not that I'm trying to toot my own horn; I'm sure others have had similar experiences.

Back
Top Bottom