• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Beijing rejects tribunal's ruling in South China Sea case

His lean & av kind of killed any possible surprise for me.

Well, we have communists on this site who at least manage to be with it enough to not back China on everything and who are willing to admit that Joseph Stalin was a monster.

Ganapathy is a new animal entirely. He reads like he is some peon sitting in a cube at Communist party HQ in Beijing tasked with spreading communist propaganda.

Saying "no it's not" over and over doesn't make it so.

You are absolutely right. His saying so changes nothing. It is reality that says it is so.

You have absolutely zero proof of any of the bs you just spewed. In fact, if China is so evil and unfree, why does the U.S have a FAR higher percentage of its population incarcerated?

Because in a tolitarian dicatatorship there are few repeat offenders, and the appeals process consists of deciding which ear you'd like to be shot behind.

Because in a tolitarian dicatatorship there are few repeat offenders, and the appeals process consists of deciding which ear you'd like to be shot behind.

Whereas in the U.S, there is no trial at all, just summary execution by white policemen if you happen to be black.

Whereas in the U.S, there is no trial at all, just summary execution by white policemen if you happen to be black.

Yeah......no. Not even close to being reality, as the number of African Americans in the prison system can attest

No, when China signed the UN Convention on the Law of Open Seas (UNCLOS), it knew very well that this included compulsory arbitration as invoked by a dispute claimant. Don't try to fabricate or lie just because you don't know any better.

Ooohhhh... Someone just got slapped down HARD!! WELL DONE!!

But not by Chinese ships, no matter how many U.S incursions into their national waters there have been, trying to provoke world war iii. The chinese have kept a cool head and turned the other cheek towards blatant violations of their territorial sovereignty for the sake of world peace, showing the high moral character of the people's government of China.

What do think would happen is there was a Naval conflict between China and the US?? Do you think that the Chinese Navy would be sunk in 5 minutes or do you think that they would last a full 10 minutes??

How does someone with a tourism degree get on this kick?

His end goal is to promote tourism to China by pissing people off so that they'll travel to China just kick his ass. It's all big Machiavellian plan to make money off of American tourists. :mrgreen:

What do think would happen is there was a Naval conflict between China and the US?? Do you think that the Chinese Navy would be sunk in 5 minutes or do you think that they would last a full 10 minutes??

Actually, the Chinese Navy is one of the finest fighting forces in the world, and would do most of the sinking in this scenario.

You call Americans imperialists; therefore you are one. :lamo

I meant the american government and the US citizens who support it, not all americans.

As much as I dislike China I can't blame them for taking these steps, I would do the same if the US Navy was cruising around my oceans as well.

It's not China's territory. Just like Tibet.

Only difference is China is still sitting on Tibet, and hasn't been able to do so in the Spratlys.
Part of those islands used to be Vietnam's territory. China wants to fortify a Chinese military base within miles of the coast of Vietnam...

Actually, the Chinese Navy is one of the finest fighting forces in the world, and would do most of the sinking in this scenario.

Against the 7th Fleet?

:D

:lamo :lamo :lamo

:2funny:

As much as I dislike China I can't blame them for taking these steps, I would do the same if the US Navy was cruising around my oceans as well.

:shrug: UNCLOS ruling was fairly clear that the 9-Dash Line is crap. Those aren't "China's oceans".

Against the 7th Fleet?

:D

:2funny:

I am a veteran of the U.S military, and I say without a shadow of a doubt that China could kick our asses in a war.

So you support the violation of another country's territory, eh? Well, that explains a lot. If that's the case, then you had no problem with the Japanese invading half of China during the 1930's then.

I couldn't help it. I LOL'd :D

I couldn't help it. I LOL'd :D

The problem with that facetious argument is that the Japanese invasion of another country was an illegal act of war, whereas China is simply trying to PEACEFULLY maintain it's control over THEIR OWN territory.

Part of those islands used to be Vietnam's territory. China wants to fortify a Chinese military base within miles of the coast of Vietnam...

Well, yeah. China has never liked it's neighbors.

I am a veteran of the U.S military, and I say without a shadow of a doubt that China could kick our asses in a war.

That's nice. As I recall you said you were in the Army.

I was in the Marine Corps, and I was doing operational to strategic intelligence work as a military analyst in the pacific, mostly focusing in on Korea, China, and a couple of other problem sets just a few years ago.

Without going into the details, allow me to present my analysis of the claim that a single swoop-deck bought from the Russians which hasn't even been fully damn outfitted yet and lacks a supporting ACG would do "most of the sinking" in a fight against the 7th Fleet:

cpwill said:

:2funny:​

There's a reason that China would depend on a land-based A2AD strategy in any conflict against the United States - it's because the PLAN is completely incapable to the task that you have claimed for it ;)

The problem with that facetious argument is that the Japanese invasion of another country was an illegal act of war, whereas China is simply trying to PEACEFULLY maintain it's control over THEIR OWN territory.

I think you meant to say that Japan was rightfully exercising sovereignty over their own territory, which Chinese terrorists were trying to seize. :)

I think you meant to say that Japan was rightfully exercising sovereignty over their own territory, which Chinese terrorists were trying to seize. :)

No, stop being facetious. Japan killed 15 million chinese citizens attacking CHINESE territory. China has killed ZERO filipino or vietnamese citizens defending THEIR OWN territorial waters.

:shrug: UNCLOS ruling was fairly clear that the 9-Dash Line is crap. Those aren't "China's oceans".

You know what I mean though, the whole region has a massive US Naval presence.

Back
Top Bottom