• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Behold, Karma!

LowDown

Curmudgeon
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Leftist idiots raised this generation of unthinking victimhood. Did they think it wouldn't turn on them? Ocasio-Cortez turning into a nightmare for Congressional Dems.

Ocasio Cortex tweeted:

-Dem-Spouse events were at the same time today. I was sent to the spouse event.
-Last night I was stopped because it was assumed that I was an intern/staffer.
-Next time try believing women + people of color when they talk about their experiences being a woman or a person of color.

The trouble with this is that there were no spouse events scheduled that day, according to Democratic staffers.

This can easily be sorted out. But the victimology of her demand that “Next time try believing women + people of color when they talk about their experiences being a woman or person of color” is a shot across the bow of Nancy Pelosi and the entire House leadership.

She is signaling her willingness to Mau-Mau anyone who offends her even in the most trivial way. With all the attention the media loves to lavish on her, she is able to make endless trouble, and threaten the broad strategy of the Democratic Party: serve the interests of billionaires by garnering the votes of minorities and the poor with appeals to identity politics and free stuff

It couldn't happen to a more deserving caucus.

Looks like Democrats have their problems with their populist faction just as Republicans have problems with theirs.

:lamo You're so panicked about her and her message but can't attack her actual positions so you make up this nonsense. You sound pathetic and desperate for a win.

Leftist idiots raised this generation of unthinking victimhood. Did they think it wouldn't turn on them? Ocasio-Cortez turning into a nightmare for Congressional Dems.

Ocasio Cortex tweeted:

The trouble with this is that there were no spouse events scheduled that day, according to Democratic staffers.

Looks like Democrats have their problems with their populist faction just as Republicans have problems with theirs.

The OP should start out with "people with opinions other than ours..." and not "leftist idiots", just to give validity to a sensible basis for a discussion.

Ocasio Cortex tweeted:

Normal SOP, with the party out of power, all factions within are united against and ousting the party in power. But once the party out of power secures power, wins, then the factions reemerge to battle over the power they just won. Republican, Democratic, it doesn't matter. Once in power each faction of the party wants to be dominate, to have more power than the other factions. Unity fades some unless there is a unifying threat from outside the party.

:lamo You're so panicked about her and her message but can't attack her actual positions so you make up this nonsense. You sound pathetic and desperate for a win.

I'm not a member of the Democratic caucus, so it's not my problem. I look on in amusement.

Normal SOP, with the party out of power, all factions within are united against and ousting the party in power. But once the party out of power secures power, wins, then the factions reemerge to battle over the power they just won. Republican, Democratic, it doesn't matter. Once in power each faction of the party wants to be dominate, to have more power than the other factions. Unity fades some unless there is a unifying threat from outside the party.

Mmmm. Perhaps. But I don't recall anyone using this sort of lying vicious identity politics bulls*** against their own party before. Not in the Congress.

Another laughable nonsense thread. They are probably up by at least an order of magnitude since the mid-terms. Somebody is nervous.

Mmmm. Perhaps. But I don't recall anyone using this sort of lying vicious identity politics bulls*** against their own party before. Not in the Congress.

With house Democrats, they been united since 2010. But between 2006-2010 there were clashes between factions. The Blue Dogs vs. progressives or the Ult leftist. In fact there were a few progressives following the 2010 midterms which ousted most of the Blue Dogs, them stating basically, fine, we don't need them. What they wanted was an ideological pure party and 2010 delivered for the most part, exactly that.

The Republican House has it its battles between the tea party and more or less what some called the establishment or moderate Republicans.

This can easily be sorted out. But the victimology of her demand that “Next time try believing women + people of color when they talk about their experiences being a woman or person of color” is a shot across the bow of Nancy Pelosi and the entire House leadership.

Fun fact: Nancy Pelosi is a woman. "American Thinker" may be due for a name change.

I doesn't bother you that she lied?

I've seen no evidence that she lied, especially not from the "american thinker" blog.

You guys have been going absolutely nuts about her since she launched her campaign. She must really terrify you with all of the attention you're giving her along with the exaggerations, lies, and hyperbole.

I've seen no evidence that she lied, especially not from the "american thinker" blog.

You guys have been going absolutely nuts about her since she launched her campaign. She must really terrify you with all of the attention you're giving her along with the exaggerations, lies, and hyperbole.

She said she went to an event the Democrat staff confirmed did not happen.

Or is that fact too inconvenient for you?

Read the OP.

Okay. So what Democratic staffers said it didn't happen?

Seems like that's a claim made in a tweet by a GOP operative who's most well-known for using his Twitter feed to spread rumors about infidelity by Reince Priebus to help out his buddy The Mooch.

Is that your source for this claim?

Okay. So what Democratic staffers said it didn't happen?

Seems like that's a claim made in a tweet by a GOP operative who's most well-known for using his Twitter feed to spread rumors about infidelity by Reince Priebus to help out his buddy The Mooch.

Is that your source for this claim?

I don't know specifically who...

Take it up with the OP.

With house Democrats, they been united since 2010. But between 2006-2010 there were clashes between factions. The Blue Dogs vs. progressives or the Ult leftist. In fact there were a few progressives following the 2010 midterms which ousted most of the Blue Dogs, them stating basically, fine, we don't need them. What they wanted was an ideological pure party and 2010 delivered for the most part, exactly that.

The Republican House has it its battles between the tea party and more or less what some called the establishment or moderate Republicans.

Ideological purity. You've hit the nail on the head.

Truer words, my friend. Trump is the leader of his party’s populist faction.

Back
Top Bottom