• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Behind the Iranian curtain

youknowwho

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Behind the Iranian curtain

Editor’s note: The following are excerpts from e-mails sent by a European college student with northeast Indiana ties who was able to visit Iran this summer. To protect her Iranian hosts all names have been deleted.

So here is some news from Iran. I already have used Facebook and Youtube here although it is banned. (The family) has a program which makes the filter for sites like Facebook useless. Apparently a lot of the Iranian youth is using Facebook and the government doesn’t have a chance because there’s always a new way. Practically the whole neighborhood is using satellite which means that they can access foreign news channels. Of course the government banned satellites all around the country (especially enforced during and right after the last elections — is anyone surprised?) but again the people don’t really care and find a way to get foreign channels.

more...

I found it realistic and interesting. so I thought I should share it. it's good to have a foreigner's insight of my country's current situation.

Back
Top Bottom