• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Before Giving Billions to Jared Kushner, Saudi Investment Fund Had Big Doubts

Yes, which was after Jared's daddy went begging to Qatar for money and they turned him down. Then Jared took a position on the blockade contrary to the State Department and the Pentagon, that daddy in law Trump then adopted. Gosh, wonder if Qatar paid off Jared hoping it would influence policy? Nah, they just wanted to bail out an incompetent idiot from a deal about to take down all of Jared's real estate empire. Coincidence!!
Also Trump gained Qatar as a tenant in one of his less flashy buildings and they never really occupied the space.

Also Trump gained Qatar as a tenant in one of his less flashy buildings and they never really occupied the space.

what do you find strange about a foreign entity leasing high dollar real property from the president, whose middle east military is headquartered in their nation, and then that country leaving that leased property unused
nothing about that would seem unfamiliar to a mob boss

"Those objections included: “the inexperience of the Affinity Fund management”; the possibility that the kingdom would be responsible for “the bulk of the investment and risk”; due diligence on the fledgling firm’s operations that found them “unsatisfactory in all aspects”; a proposed asset management fee that “seems excessive”; and “public relations risks” from Mr. Kushner’s prior role as a senior adviser to his father-in-law, former President Donald J. Trump, according to minutes of the panel’s meeting last June 30.

But days later the full board of the $620 billion Public Investment Fund — led by Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, Saudi Arabia’s de facto ruler and a beneficiary of Mr. Kushner’s support when he worked as a White House adviser — overruled the panel.

Mr. Kushner played a leading role inside the Trump administration defending Crown Prince Mohammed after U.S. intelligence agencies concluded that he had approved the 2018 killing and dismemberment of Jamal Khashoggi, a Saudi columnist for The Washington Post and resident of Virginia who had criticized the kingdom’s rulers."

Link

Nice pay-off for Kushner for turning a blind eye to murder.

Jared and Ivanka were having financial troubles when they started at the White House. When they left they were 640 million richer.

Ivanka got 41 trademarks from China while she worked a civil servant job. They were fast tracked by China.

So Kushner gets denied a security clearance… that denial is overruled by his father in law… Kushner communicates directly with MBS via an encrypted messaging app… six months after leaving the White House gets a $2 Billion payout from MBS who overruled the concerns of the board of the fund.

And no one gives a shit.

That tracks.
Who cares

Look over here!!

Hunter's laptop

Hell, America as a whole is actively involved in helping carry out the slaughter the Saudis are committing in Yemen right now. Why is anyone surprised their death squad likewise got brushed under the rug?

One trick pony.

Jared and Ivanka were having financial troubles when they started at the White House. When they left they were 640 million richer.

Ivanka got 41 trademarks from China while she worked a civil servant job. They were fast tracked by China.

Elitist gonna get rich

I luv how the GOP went and elected an east coast elitist who donated to Hillary's Senate campaign.

You can't make this stuff up.

Psychological projection.

Congrats on revealing you don’t know what that means either.

Do you have an actual argument, or are you just here to whine about me?

"Those objections included: “the inexperience of the Affinity Fund management”; the possibility that the kingdom would be responsible for “the bulk of the investment and risk”; due diligence on the fledgling firm’s operations that found them “unsatisfactory in all aspects”; a proposed asset management fee that “seems excessive”; and “public relations risks” from Mr. Kushner’s prior role as a senior adviser to his father-in-law, former President Donald J. Trump, according to minutes of the panel’s meeting last June 30.

But days later the full board of the $620 billion Public Investment Fund — led by Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, Saudi Arabia’s de facto ruler and a beneficiary of Mr. Kushner’s support when he worked as a White House adviser — overruled the panel.

Mr. Kushner played a leading role inside the Trump administration defending Crown Prince Mohammed after U.S. intelligence agencies concluded that he had approved the 2018 killing and dismemberment of Jamal Khashoggi, a Saudi columnist for The Washington Post and resident of Virginia who had criticized the kingdom’s rulers."

Link

Are you still sobbing over Bin Ladens BFF five years later?

Are you still sobbing over Bin Ladens BFF five years later?
Has nothing to do with that. Jared got a $2 billion payoff from MBS and the Saudis. Stay on track. It's impossible that any sane investor gives that incompetent failson $2 billion, without experience running any investment portfolio, and whose only success was taking over for his daddy's real estate empire, that he ran into the ground until Qatar bailed him out of that. This was a payoff for services rendered while Trump was running the show.

Has nothing to do with that. Jared got a $2 billion payoff from MBS and the Saudis.
A payoff? Sounds like payment for services rendered
Stay on track. It's impossible that any sane investor gives that incompetent failson $2 billion, without experience running any investment portfolio, and whose only success was taking over for his daddy's real estate empire, that he ran into the ground until Qatar bailed him out of that. This was a payoff for services rendered while Trump was running the show.
Well clearly it’s not impossible. And I have no reason to believe your account is accurate.

And the purported source for this anger is that the Saudis decided to off a persistent threat to the regime. Which is routine in the Arab world

A payoff? Sounds like payment for services rendered
Correct!
Well clearly it’s not impossible. And I have no reason to believe your account is accurate.
You don't have to believe me. There are many articles on it, and they all point out that the investment fund has no focus so will be investing in ?????????????, Jared has no experience running a fund like this, so Jared has no track record of success in this job, his track record in real estate is failure, until Qatar bailed him out, the board recommended against the investment for those obvious reasons, MBS overruled the board and directed it personally. And we know Jared was one of MBS's biggest cheerleaders.

So explain to me why a sane investor decides to give $2 billion to a new fund to invest in ???????? headed by a neophyte with no record of success, other than he just happens to have been in the Trump WH, has Donald Trump as his daddy in law, and who carried that person's water for two years?
And the purported source for this anger is that the Saudis decided to off a persistent threat to the regime. Which is routine in the Arab world
Has nothing to do with that.

Link

He leveraged his father in laws influence into billions of dollars.....but Biden wrote a letter of recommendation. A letter. These billions mean nothing comparatively.

Jared Kushner is a crook, his dad is a crook, and his father-in-law is a crook.
which is why they are so popular.

the Republican base has gone the route of a mafia.

which is why they are so popular.

the Republican base has gone the route of a mafia.
I mean the democrats have been an actual mafia for decades, maybe over a century at this point, I’m glad we’re starting to fight back on equal terms

I mean the democrats have been an actual mafia for decades, maybe over a century at this point, I’m glad we’re starting to fight back on equal terms
"We" are fighting back by funneling $billions into the pockets of failson and faildaughter Jared and Ivanka? What are "we" fighting to accomplish - line the pockets of incompetents whose only skill was being born into the right family, who were appointed based on being daddy's little girl and son in law to powerful positions in government that they then used to make themselves rich?

"We" are fighting back by funneling $billions into the pockets of failson and faildaughter Jared and Ivanka? What are "we" fighting to accomplish - line the pockets of incompetents whose only skill was being born into the right family, who were appointed based on being daddy's little girl and son in law to powerful positions in government that they then used to make themselves rich?
It must be working because you are super angry over it.

It must be working because you are super angry over it.
You're making no sense. What's "working" evidenced by my anger?

I mean, I guess I'm angry that we were led by corrupt incompetents for four years and that same group are the de facto leaders of the GOP, who are unconcerned about this kind of blatant corruption, selling the WH for $billions, but that seems rational to me.

Back
Top Bottom