• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Before abortion

Devils.High

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I heard that in the early 1900s women who didnt want to got pregnant used to throw themselves down stairs to get a miscarriage is that true?

Yes. Abortion have always been performed, regardless of the legality. Making it illegal promotes things like self inflicted physical harm, back alley doctors, coathangers and going out of country.

Before and After Roe

During the 1950s and 60s, each year an estimated 160 to 260 women died from illegal abortions, while thousands more were seriously injured

If a woman wants to do it, she will do it by any means possible it seems. That's why it's important to have safe medical procedures for woman.

I heard that in the early 1900s women who didnt want to got pregnant used to throw themselves down stairs to get a miscarriage is that true?

Yup.
It seems that some pregnant women so loose their sensibilities that they will even take themselves out in the prossess of assaulting their phobia.

All the more reason to convert them through Zen meditation.

If something is wrong we shouldn't ignore the "wrongness" based on the fact that people will do it anyway. Should we set up and provide for ways for pedophiles to express their love towards little children? Should we provide our kids with safe drugs in an effort to prevent them from possibly obtaining dirty unsafe ones off the street?

Should we set up and provide for ways for pedophiles to express their love towards little children?
It's already in place, it's called the internet.

Should we provide our kids with safe drugs in an effort to prevent them from possibly obtaining dirty unsafe ones off the street?

Yes. In fact, we give them 'safe' drugs all the time.

But, in answer to your question, yes. Legalizing all drugs would be best, IMO.

It's already in place, it's called the internet.

Yes. In fact, we give them 'safe' drugs all the time.

You know I couldn't figure out why THE VIEW has such high ratings with it's rampant liberalism and a bunch of big old frothing at the mouth liberal hags attacking a young slender conservative women repeatedly. Now I know.

Without age restrictions?

no way in heck would I ever go for that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know I couldn't figure out why THE VIEW has such high ratings with it's rampant liberalism and a bunch of big old frothing at the mouth liberal hags attacking a young slender conservative women repeatedly. Now I know.

eh?

Without age restrictions?

no way in heck would I ever go for that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, same as alcohol, we should have some restrictions. But in some places, it's not illegal for a parent to give a child alcohol at home. Some parents feel that allowing a teen to have some alcohol at home will make them less likely to seek it out on their own out of 'curiosity', or out of rebellion. I tend to agree with them.

eh?

Well, same as alcohol, we should have some restrictions. But in some places, it's not illegal for a parent to give a child alcohol at home. Some parents feel that allowing a teen to have some alcohol at home will make them less likely to seek it out on their own out of 'curiosity', or out of rebellion. I tend to agree with them.

I do not what crazy state you live in but Western Washington is just about as liberal as it gets and even here you will be criminally prosecuted for giving alcohol to a minor or allowing a minor to drink on your property.

I do not what crazy state you live in but Western Washington is just about as liberal as it gets and even here you will be criminally prosecuted for giving alcohol to a minor or allowing a minor to drink on your property.

Same in California too. Its pretty much unenforceable though.

allowing parents to control how they raise their children is conservative in nature. Maybe that is why it isn't allowed where you are at.

You're allowed to give your child alcohol in england. and in a restraunt, you may have one drink with your meal at age 16 or 14 if you are with your parents.

Call it rediculous, crazed, irresponsible, but who is better off
I, who was given alcohol from my parents occasionally thoughout my teens who rarely goes out drinking and is always responsible to stay sober enough to take care of myself or parents who control their children so much that as soon as they get out of parental supervision thy waste away their money andlives throwing up in the gutter?

You're allowed to give your child alcohol in england. and in a restraunt, you may have one drink with your meal at age 16 or 14 if you are with your parents.

I, who was given alcohol from my parents occasionally thoughout my teens who rarely goes out drinking and is always responsible to stay sober enough to take care of myself or parents who control their children so much that as soon as they get out of parental supervision thy waste away their money andlives throwing up in the gutter?

Parents giving teens alcohol does not always result in an adult who is responsible about alcohol. Over-controlling parenting does not always result in alcoholic offspring. Alcohol is much more dangerous for adolescents than adults, it affects their brains differently.

AMA (Alcohol) Brain damage risks

"The adolescent brain
The brain goes through dynamic change during adolescence, and alcohol can seriously damage long- and short-term growth processes. Frontal lobe development and the refinement of pathways and connections continue until age 16, and a high rate of energy is used as the brain matures until age 20. Damage from alcohol at this time can be long-term and irreversible. In addition, short-term or moderate drinking impairs learning and memory far more in youth than adults. Adolescents need only drink half as much to suffer the same negative effects."

well obviously i cannot speak for everybody, but for the majority of teens where i live it seems to be the case. I'm not saying parents should go around forcing vodka shots down their kids' throats, but surely it is best to experience things under the watchful eyes of parents than unsupervised?

Here in good old Ohio, a parent can order and give alcohol to their minor children, in a resturaunt(sp?) as long as the child is within arm's reach of the parent.

Since we still respect the sanctity of the home, kids can drink at home all their parents will permit.

I will let anyone's kid drink in my home so long as their parents permit it and they are present. e.g. New Year's Eve, or summer time bonfires.

eh?

Hmmm, so in essence, even though the law states that the legal drinking age is 21, you're advocating teaching children to become lawbreakers, to keep them safe? Errmmm, how is that productive? *is re-thinking my youngest daughters career choice* Our men and women on the police forces have a hard enough time as it is. I figure by the time my 11 year old graduates the academy, this NEW generation of disrespecters of the law will be available for her to arrest. I guess at least she'll never be out of a job.

Hmmm, so in essence, even though the law states that the legal drinking age is 21, you're advocating teaching children to become lawbreakers, to keep them safe? Errmmm, how is that productive? *is re-thinking my youngest daughters career choice* Our men and women on the police forces have a hard enough time as it is. I figure by the time my 11 year old graduates the academy, this NEW generation of disrespecters of the law will be available for her to arrest. I guess at least she'll never be out of a job.

Did you notice the part where I said, in some places it's legal? Because in some places it IS.

Aside from that fact, no I do not follow laws because I think it's the right thing to do. I only follow a law if I agree with it and/or I'm likely to get caught NOT following the law. So being a "lawbreaker", in and of itself, is not a "bad" thing IMO.

Aren't you the one who said that most of the time you're on this forum it's late night and you're drunk? One of these two posts is true...which one?

If a woman wants to do it, she will do it by any means possible it seems. That's why it's important to have safe medical procedures for woman.
So, since people speed through school zones anyway, we should take away speed limits. That makes perfect sense.

Back
Top Bottom