• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Beer, Wine and Spirits

Beer : Ruination IPA, Stone Brewery, or Rum Cask Ale, by Innus and Gunn, or Old Speckaled Hen, by Morland Brewing, or Belge/IPA, by Stone. Very good beers. Oh, and Goblin King, by Wychwood.

Liquor : Makers Mark, neat. Runner up is Woodford Reserve.

Wine : Robert Mondavi Sauvignon Blanc, or Jones Farm Autumns First Blush.

Not a big wine drinker, and I have a binge drinking problem, so I stay away from the hard stuff. Pretty much, I only let myself drink on special occasions, and I only buy "just enough". Beer fits that category easiest.

Beer : Ruination IPA, Stone Brewery, or Rum Cask Ale, by Innus and Gunn, or Old Speckaled Hen, by Morland Brewing, or Belge/IPA, by Stone. Very good beers. Oh, and Goblin King, by Wychwood.

Liquor : Makers Mark, neat. Runner up is Woodford Reserve.

Wine : Robert Mondavi Sauvignon Blanc, or Jones Farm Autumns First Blush.

Not a big wine drinker, and I have a binge drinking problem, so I stay away from the hard stuff. Pretty much, I only let myself drink on special occasions, and I only buy "just enough". Beer fits that category easiest.

Jamison and Belvedere ..

Jamison and Belvedere ..

Eh, Jamison has too much of that peaty, sour mash flavor. Bourbon all the way for me.

Never had belvedere, but it's champagne, right? Never had a champagne that I liked. I prefer my wight wines without the bubbles.

If you like champagne, Sam Adams Utopia is a beer you might wanna try.

Eh, Jamison has too much of that peaty, sour mash flavor. Bourbon all the way for me.

Never had belvedere, but it's champagne, right? Never had a champagne that I liked. I prefer my wight wines without the bubbles.

Once you're drunk brands don't matter....

Make some jello shots --- tell the difference?

Being new here at this forum, did a search on beer, wine and spirits and came up with some topic about food stamps. Still trying to logically make the connection.
This forum needs a thread that all can share in the drink of choice. Tried a new micro brew? Share it here. Found a winery not many are privy to with luscious wines just waiting to be drank? By all means post your finds here. How about a mix drink recipe,.....yes please share. For me tonight it is an average California chardonnay that comes in an adult juice box. What's your choice for this evening? Cheers!

And now for something completely different: Jello shots - standard fare at our football watching gatherings.

Burnt Orange: Orange jello and amaretto.

Red: Raspberry jello and vodka

Blue: Black Raspberry (it looks blue) jello and vodka

Green: Lime jello, tequila and triple sec (Margarita?)

Yellow: Pineapple jello and coconut rum (Pina colada?)

Just because I can....

Tonight I'm drinking an Estancia Merlot. It pairs well with the tomato-heavy Italian meal I'm making.

Belvedere's a vodka. Personally I prefer Grey Goose or Ciroc.

had a long day moving stuff. So had a glass of lagavulin when I got home ... just to relax the muscles, of course!

now on to red wine. Would love some more lagavulin, but body and budget say stick to red wine after the first glass...

I'm an extreme beer snob myself, (home rewer x25 years) but have been getting into Gin more and more.

I like the lightly flavored gins, Plymouth and Aviator, but I've had some small batch brands that make we want to seriously consider distilling some of my own.

With tonic or as a martini.

Once you're drunk brands don't matter....

Make some jello shots --- tell the difference?
That's the thing...I have a drinking problem, so I strive NOT to get drunk.

I'm currently drinking my Double IPA (homebrew). Mmmm, beer.

I've noticed quite a few posts of those who enjoy wine.
I enjoy whites for the most part in the Summer months but as soon as the nights start to get cool, it's time for reds. Oh Yeahhhhh. Everyone's tastes are different. My preferences result by region where the grapes grow. I want my malbec from the regions of Argentina and France. When it comes to merlots I really don't think you can beat California. But Pinot Noirs.....I have to say my favorite comes from Oregon. There is a little winery called J.K. Carriere Wines.
J.K. Carriere Wines | The Wines
They have some fine tasting pinot noirs. One of my favorites is called Provocateur. Another favorite they produce is a white pinot noir called Glass. It is fabulous and screams Summertime. From year to year a bottle of wine can vary in taste due to the conditions during the growing season of the grapes. J.K. Carriere when the grapes didn't produce the quality of wine to meet their standards would mix it with other batches to bring it up to their standards. I've never been disappointed. Tonight a glass of chardonnay. Salute

Back
Top Bottom