• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Beer, Wine and Spirits

vesper

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Being new here at this forum, did a search on beer, wine and spirits and came up with some topic about food stamps. Still trying to logically make the connection.
This forum needs a thread that all can share in the drink of choice. Tried a new micro brew? Share it here. Found a winery not many are privy to with luscious wines just waiting to be drank? By all means post your finds here. How about a mix drink recipe,.....yes please share. For me tonight it is an average California chardonnay that comes in an adult juice box. What's your choice for this evening? Cheers!

Those threads are in the Tavern. You may be too new yet to access it.

Those threads are in the Tavern. You may be too new yet to access it.

Well thank you Goshin. The "Tavern" certainly didn't come up in my search. The search produced some really "dry" results. :)

Being new here at this forum, did a search on beer, wine and spirits and came up with some topic about food stamps. Still trying to logically make the connection.
This forum needs a thread that all can share in the drink of choice. Tried a new micro brew? Share it here. Found a winery not many are privy to with luscious wines just waiting to be drank? By all means post your finds here. How about a mix drink recipe,.....yes please share. For me tonight it is an average California chardonnay that comes in an adult juice box. What's your choice for this evening? Cheers!

Tonight is like many other nights, a glass of pineapple juice with Malibu.

Tonight is like many other nights, a glass of pineapple juice with Malibu.

Within this past year we took a 10 day cruise through the Caribbean. I was introduced to some mighty fine tasting rums. I really enjoyed the dark sipping rums. I also discovered a real like for Rum Runners.

•4 ounce orange juice
•1/2 ounce blackberry brandy
•1/2 ounce crème de banane
•1 1/2 ounce gold rum
•Dash of Falernum or grenadine

Preparation:

1.Pour all the ingredients into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
2.Shake well.
3.Strain into a chilled hurricane glass.

Optional: Pour ingredients into blender with approximately 3/4 cup of ice and blend until smooth.

Hope you are enjoying your Malibu this evening. For me it's the same adult juice box of chardonnay. Salute!

Well thank you Goshin. The "Tavern" certainly didn't come up in my search. The search produced some really "dry" results. :)

I don't know if there is a time/post-count requirement for the Tavern, but it can be difficult to gain access without instructions, so here they are when you can access:

Go to your Control Panel
Click Public Usergroups (on the left side of the page)
Scroll almost to the bottom of the page, where it says "Wanderers".
Click "Join".

Enjoy.

I don't know if there is a time/post-count requirement for the Tavern, but it can be difficult to gain access without instructions, so here they are when you can access:

Go to your Control Panel
Click Public Usergroups (on the left side of the page)
Scroll almost to the bottom of the page, where it says "Wanderers".
Click "Join".

Enjoy.

What a sweetie you are! Thank you. I will give it a try! BTW what is your choice of beverage this lovely evening? :)

What a sweetie you are! Thank you. I will give it a try! BTW what is your choice of beverage this lovely evening? :)

Southern Comfort, neat. Ahhhhhhhh..... :lol:

I'm really craving one of these, need to get to the store soon!

DSCF4102.JPG

Within this past year we took a 10 day cruise through the Caribbean. I was introduced to some mighty fine tasting rums. I really enjoyed the dark sipping rums. I also discovered a real like for Rum Runners.

•4 ounce orange juice
•1/2 ounce blackberry brandy
•1/2 ounce crème de banane
•1 1/2 ounce gold rum
•Dash of Falernum or grenadine

Preparation:

1.Pour all the ingredients into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
2.Shake well.
3.Strain into a chilled hurricane glass.

Optional: Pour ingredients into blender with approximately 3/4 cup of ice and blend until smooth.

Hope you are enjoying your Malibu this evening. For me it's the same adult juice box of chardonnay. Salute!

That sounds delicious, I think I'm in love!

It was a hot one today. A cold beer fits the bill this evening. One of my very favorites is a nice lager called Eliot Ness produced by Great Lakes Brewing Company out of Cleveland. They also make a good porter called Edmund Fitzgerald. It's definitely 5:00 somewhere. Cheers!

Suck up. :lol:

It was really nice of DiAnna to take the time to post the directions to the Tavern. A newbie like myself really appreciated it. Now pour yourself a cold one and enjoy the evening.

Leinenkugel Red for me. But just two tonight...tomorrow comes early.

GirlNextDoor, its got to be 5:00 in Kansas by now. Time for a cold one.

For me it's wine time.....

Got a funny joke in my email today, thought I would share. Hope it brings a smile to someone's face! Salute

The Blind Cashier:

A woman goes into Bass Pro Shop to buy a rod and reel for her grandson's birthday. She doesn't know which one to get, so she just grabs one and goes over to the counter.

The clerk was standing behind the counter wearing dark shades.

She says to him, "Excuse me, sir. Can you tell me anything about this rod and reel?"

He says, "Ma'am, I'm completely blind; but if you'll drop it on the counter, I can tell you everything from the sound it makes."

She doesn't believe him but drops it on the counter anyway......

He says, "That's a six-foot Shakespeare graphite rod with a Zebco 404 reel and 10-lb. Test line. It's a good all-around combination, and it's on sale this week for only $20.00."

She says, "It's amazing that you can tell all that just by the sound of it dropping on the counter. I'll take it!" As she opens her purse, her credit card drops on the floor.

"Oh, that sounds like a Master Card," he says.

She bends down to pick it up and accidentally passes gas.

At first she is really embarrassed, but then realizes......there is no way the blind clerk could tell it was her who tooted. Being blind, he wouldn't know that she was the only person around?

The man rings up the sale and says, "That'll be $34.50 please."

The woman is totally confused by this and asks, "Didn't you tell me the rod and reel were on sale for $20.00? How did you get $34.50?"

He replies, "Yes, ma'am. The rod and reel is $20.00, but the Duck Call is $11.00, and the Catfish Bait is $3.50."

She paid it and left without saying a word.

In the fall they usually have a "sampler pack." You get the seasons all in one grab.

They're always a nice grab after Christmas, I buy like 10 boxes so..... The honeyweis is my fav but...

GirlNextDoor, its got to be 5:00 in Kansas by now. Time for a cold one.

For me it's wine time.....

Got a funny joke in my email today, thought I would share. Hope it brings a smile to someone's face! Salute

The Blind Cashier:

A woman goes into Bass Pro Shop to buy a rod and reel for her grandson's birthday. She doesn't know which one to get, so she just grabs one and goes over to the counter.

The clerk was standing behind the counter wearing dark shades.

She says to him, "Excuse me, sir. Can you tell me anything about this rod and reel?"

He says, "Ma'am, I'm completely blind; but if you'll drop it on the counter, I can tell you everything from the sound it makes."

She doesn't believe him but drops it on the counter anyway......

He says, "That's a six-foot Shakespeare graphite rod with a Zebco 404 reel and 10-lb. Test line. It's a good all-around combination, and it's on sale this week for only $20.00."

She says, "It's amazing that you can tell all that just by the sound of it dropping on the counter. I'll take it!" As she opens her purse, her credit card drops on the floor.

"Oh, that sounds like a Master Card," he says.

She bends down to pick it up and accidentally passes gas.

At first she is really embarrassed, but then realizes......there is no way the blind clerk could tell it was her who tooted. Being blind, he wouldn't know that she was the only person around?

The man rings up the sale and says, "That'll be $34.50 please."

The woman is totally confused by this and asks, "Didn't you tell me the rod and reel were on sale for $20.00? How did you get $34.50?"

He replies, "Yes, ma'am. The rod and reel is $20.00, but the Duck Call is $11.00, and the Catfish Bait is $3.50."

She paid it and left without saying a word.

It's almost 6:30 pm here, but .not drinking tonight.

Cute joke, BTW.

Back
Top Bottom