• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Beer from which countries have you had - and liked!?

Beer from which countries have you had - and liked!?

• US

Votes: 15 65.2%
  • United Kingdom

Votes: 13 56.5%
  • Ireland

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Germany

Votes: 19 82.6%
  • Denmark

• Belgium

• Netherlands

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • Russia

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • other countries

Votes: 19 82.6%
  • none

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Because I live and work in mainland China, Tsingtao is my beer of first choice for regular exchange at a fair price. It is a decent lager that I would compare to Budweiser.

The best beer I have ever tasted was a premium select from Tsingtao that I sampled at a lunch a couple of weeks ago. Only, it is 90 rmb for a 700 ml bottle, or 11 dollars, here in China.

I am partial to pilsner, especially those from The Czech Republic. They seem to have gotten beer right.

If I have my druthers, I will go for a Kirin Ichiban as my go to. I suppose if you thought of beer as being women, you would know why.

Other notables worth mentioning by class:

Faxen, from Denmark. High alcohol content (10%). Drink only with any valuable artwork and possessions hidden away. Hide phone and computer to stay off social media. Great stuff when sealing a new deal.

Norrlands Guld, from Sweden. It is distributed worldwide through IKEA. It is Swedish, so I love it. I ordered a case yesterday on Taobao for delivery. I give it as gifts to friends, as Ingemar commanded us all to go forth and do.

German beers I cherish, but I sneeze too much and my eyes water. So I worship them from afar, like Helga, the market analyst over at HSBC.

Guess that covers most of what I care to say about beer right now.

Because I live and work in mainland China, Tsingtao is my beer of first choice for regular exchange at a fair price.

From what I know, it is a German style beer.
The brewery once was a German brewery, as Tsingtao once was a German teritory.

From what I know, it is a German style beer.
The brewery once was a German brewery, as Tsingtao once was a German teritory.
True. They produce mostly lagers now, and pasteurized, or not what they would call natural in Germany. The great thing about visiting the brewery in Qingdao is that you can buy the beer in big 2 liter plastic see through bags, like a drip in the hospital, or IV, and just walk around town sucking on that for hydration.

There are no major beer companies in the USA that are American owned. Coors. Bud, Miller etc are all foreign owned now. Not much of the USA is still owned by Americans.

"I am partial to pilsner, especially those from The Czech Republic. They seem to have gotten beer right."

I've recently discovered pilsners from the CR. They're tasty, I agree.

True. They produce mostly lagers now, and pasteurized, or not what they would call natural in Germany. The great thing about visiting the brewery in Qingdao is that you can buy the beer in big 2 liter plastic see through bags, like a drip in the hospital, or IV, and just walk around town sucking on that for hydration.
Your post reminds me of a medical procedure that I had a few years ago; they sent me home with a catheter and a bag. It happened to be during the US football season. There is nothing more convenient than addressing the urge while still seated and drinking. Only drawback is to keep an eye on the bag limit!

Because I live and work in mainland China, Tsingtao is my beer of first choice for regular exchange at a fair price. It is a decent lager that I would compare to Budweiser.

The best beer I have ever tasted was a premium select from Tsingtao that I sampled at a lunch a couple of weeks ago. Only, it is 90 rmb for a 700 ml bottle, or 11 dollars, here in China.

I am partial to pilsner, especially those from The Czech Republic. They seem to have gotten beer right.

If I have my druthers, I will go for a Kirin Ichiban as my go to. I suppose if you thought of beer as being women, you would know why.

Other notables worth mentioning by class:

Faxen, from Denmark. High alcohol content (10%). Drink only with any valuable artwork and possessions hidden away. Hide phone and computer to stay off social media. Great stuff when sealing a new deal.

Norrlands Guld, from Sweden. It is distributed worldwide through IKEA. It is Swedish, so I love it. I ordered a case yesterday on Taobao for delivery. I give it as gifts to friends, as Ingemar commanded us all to go forth and do.

German beers I cherish, but I sneeze too much and my eyes water. So I worship them from afar, like Helga, the market analyst over at HSBC.

Guess that covers most of what I care to say about beer right now.
I have had Tsingtao, and to compare it to Budweiser is an insult to a very fine Chinese beer. The only thing they have in common is that they both use rice, hops, and water. Everything else about them is very different. Tsingtao Augerta is made from German beer yeast and hops from the Czech Republic. So it is made from vastly superior ingredients when compared to Budweiser.

Kirin Ichiban and Sapporo are also excellent Japanese beers, but like Tsingtao (and Budweiser) they are also rice beers. Rice beers make decent Pilsner-like beers, but if they are using rice instead of barley, then they really aren't a true Pilsner.

The only beer I truly did not like came from Belgium. Apparently they like using fruit in their beers. :sick:

The only beer I truly did not like came from Belgium. Apparently they like using fruit in their beers. :sick:

And they also like a beer with the name: SUDDEN DEATH! :cool:

Back
Top Bottom