• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Beck: "There is no one more pro-Israel or more pro-Jew than I am"

RyrineaHaruno

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
My favourite actor is Al Pacino. If he was an anti-semite, would that say something about me? Has beck expressed opinions of liking her political views or her acting skills? Im not saying he is/isn't anti-jewish. I just dont understand what Elizabeth Dilling has anything to do with it.

I spoke to him on the radio once and he genuinely seems pro-Israel and pro-Jewish.

I spoke to him on the radio once and he genuinely seems pro-Israel and pro-Jewish.

I have no doubt he is. But I mean, you literally can't be a conservative commentator and not be vehemiantly Pro-Israel and Pro-Jewish*.

*These terms are too often used in Black and White terms. In any debate regarding Israel, can one not disagree with the GOVERNMENTS actions without being called Anti-Jewish or Anti-Israeli?

Israel and Jew are not interchangeable. I'm Jewish and I disagree with Israel's actions quite frequently.

Yea, just like Westbrook Pegler hated the Jews. Oh wait, Pegler married a Jew. If liberals had to reach and make stuff up about Westbrook Pegler, why would they not do the same with Glenn Beck? I think it has something to do with the liberal's lack of reality and reason.

In any debate regarding Israel, can one not disagree with the GOVERNMENTS actions without being called Anti-Jewish or Anti-Israeli?

Being anti-Jewish means being anti-Semite means having racist sentiments towards Jews.
Being anti-Israeli merely means you generally oppose the actions of the Israeli state, it's simply the opposite of the term pro-Israeli.

So no, you can be an anti-Israeli without being an anti-Semite, just like you can be a Jew and be an anti-Israeli.

Israel and Jew are not interchangeable. I'm Jewish and I disagree with Israel's actions quite frequently.

Why can't more people understand this?
And also that you can disagree with one action taken by Israel without being someone who hates Israel?
Oh wait, it's because conservatives can't think in terms other than black and white.

Oh wait, it's because conservatives can't think in terms other than black and white.

By generalizing people who hold conservative opinions in large as one body, you were thinking in terms of black and white.

Not to get involved in this conservatives-liberals war, simply pointing out how ridiculous that statement was.

Being anti-Jewish means being anti-Semite means having racist sentiments towards Jews.
Being anti-Israeli merely means you generally oppose the actions of the Israeli state, it's simply the opposite of the term pro-Israeli.

So no, you can be an anti-Israeli without being an anti-Semite, just like you can be a Jew and be an anti-Israeli.

Well im glad you said that. Some people like to confuse the two.

Why can't more people understand this?
And also that you can disagree with one action taken by Israel without being someone who hates Israel?

And based on this statement, I would say the same of you...

carry on...

I have no doubt he is. But I mean, you literally can't be a conservative commentator and not be vehemiantly Pro-Israel and Pro-Jewish*.

*These terms are too often used in Black and White terms. In any debate regarding Israel, can one not disagree with the GOVERNMENTS actions without being called Anti-Jewish or Anti-Israeli?

Dunno. Ask Gardener.:mrgreen:

Looking at the whole picture of Glenn Beck and his beliefs, I do not think he would've promoted the book if he knew the author was an anti-Semite.

But some people only like to see things with tunnel vision.

Looking at the whole picture of Glenn Beck and his beliefs, I do not think he would've promoted the book if he knew the author was an anti-Semite.

But some people only like to see things with tunnel vision.
Oh, Please, If Barack Obama had recommended a book whose author was connected to the far left, Glenn Beck would nail him to the cross with the information.

He would get out his silly red phone and tell all his fans that he expects the President to call him otherwise he will tell the world. And all his fans cheer and wonder whether the leader of the free world will actually call him. Stupid people...

Obama is far left. No surprise there.

Obama is far left. No surprise there.
Not even close. If he was far left he would have fought for the 'public option' or a Medicare buy-in. The solution was Romneycare.

Well I guess to someone on the far right might think that.

I'm for gay marriage, plural marriages, legalizing drugs, legalizing prostitution....is that far right to you?

Not even close. If he was far left he would have fought for the 'public option' or a Medicare buy-in. The solution was Romneycare.

I have no doubts that he wants the public option. He just knew he probably wouldn't get it so he has to take baby steps. They're already tweaking the Health Care bill, ya know.....

I have no doubts that he wants the public option. He just knew he probably wouldn't get it so he has to take baby steps. They're already tweaking the Health Care bill, ya know.....
Do you read Tarot Cards as well?

Do you read Tarot Cards as well?

No, but I do pay attention to the people around him, their organizations and everything they say and have written.

The reason why so many (but not all) evangelical Christians are pro-Israel and pro-Jew so much is because they need them both for the rapture. Israel is where Armageddon is supposed to happen and if there's no Armageddon, there's no rapture. So it's all for personal gain.

Since the Jews will go to hell anyway unless they accept Jesus at the last minute (in the rapture world view), it doesn't really seem like [people like Beck] actually care about them, but only need them as part of the plot.

Well - my 3 favorite author are a Christians. Does that make me a Christian?
:rofl
Hell no it don't! :)

I'm quite the happy religious-smiting bitch that I've always been, even though Tolkien, Machiavelli and Herbert were (Herbert is) quite religious.

You cannot judge a book by it's cover - or by it's author.

Tell me - do you ever take the time to watch Beck's show or listen to his radio show? I've sat through quite a few episodes because my husband is a big Beck-lover around here. I know why I don't like him - it's for real, legitimate reasons that come apparent after watching him for episode after episode . . . not based on snippets of things that he says.

if we're suppose to respect the President and Vise President even when considering the crap that's come out of their mouths sometimes - them for everyone else these snippets shouldn't matter much, either.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom