• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Beck responds to "good Muslim" Rauf interview with mockery and lies

hazlnut

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate

On his radio program radio, Beck and his flunkies responded at length, mocking the idea that Beck ever "endorsed" Rauf, and saying instead that Beck endorsed the idea that "it's not all Islam, it's a small minority of Muslims" that commit violence (long clip):

This makes no sense. Even if you want to argue that saying "sure, sure" was not an "endorsement" of Imam Rauf, it certainly was an endorsement of Rauf's position on the violent minority of radical Islam, as characterized by then-GMA host Diane Sawyer. In fact, Beck says as much. In 2006, Beck agreed with Rauf's condemnations of the violent minority of radical Islam. But in 2010, Beck is accusing Rauf of wanting to build an "Allah-tells-me-to-blow-up-America mosque." Beck is calling Rauf a "radical" Muslim, even though he agrees with what Rauf says regarding radical Islam.

When will his fans realize what a dishonest turd this guy is?

He never makes any sense and somehow people eat that crap up.

Honestly, I don't know of ANYONE who cares MORE about Glenn Beck than YOU do. :roll:
Perhaps you don't know enough people, the crowd who follow conservative David Horowitz love the guy, conservative David Frumm thinks Beck is a jerk. So it is very much divided on the conservative side.

So what? As usual, not the point.

When will his fans realize what a dishonest turd this guy is?

He never makes any sense and somehow people eat that crap up.

Do you ever listen to Beck or do you just take MM's word and spin for everything?

Beck had never met the guy and knew nothing of him in 2006. If saying sure sure and jestering his hand somehow toward him while saying Good Muslims is an endorsement of a guy he just met, then I guess you have a point.
I voted for Al Gore. Does that mean I'm stuck with him the rest of my life, or am I allowed to call him an idiot now?

Beck must know these reports are coming and spend days coming up with these ridiculous defenses.

When he first attacked the Imam, he must have known that there was video out there of him having a sitdown.

What gets me is how his viewership just eats this crap up.

Beck must know these reports are coming and spend days coming up with these ridiculous defenses.

When he first attacked the Imam, he must have known that there was video out there of him having a sitdown.

No he didn't know there was a video with the Imam. He hadn't even realized he'd ever met the man until MM pointed it out. Do you think someone like Glenn is going to remember every single person he's met since 2006?
It's not like they were hanging out together.

What gets me is the amount of time you apparently spend sitting around and playing out imaginary scenarios involving Glenn Beck's thought process.

I saw the videos and the bottom line here is, Beck never endorsed the man in the first place.

This is another in a long line of baseless Media Matters smear campaigns against Glenn Beck, which you willingly bought, hook, line and sinker hazelnut.

WARNING... WARNING...
MUST DESTROY BECK... MUST DESTROY BECK...

Last edited:
Do you ever listen to Beck or do you just take MM's word and spin for everything?

Beck had never met the guy and knew nothing of him in 2006. If saying sure sure and jestering his hand somehow toward him while saying Good Muslims is an endorsement of a guy he just met, then I guess you have a point.
I voted for Al Gore. Does that mean I'm stuck with him the rest of my life, or am I allowed to call him an idiot now?
I sure would like to know where you think Media Matters is spinning this. Did you read the Good Morning American transcript they provided? Better yet, please watch the 2006 GMA segment at the following link:

FLASHBACK: In 2006 joint appearance, Beck*appeared to*call Imam Rauf a "good Muslim" | Media Matters for America

I gotta tell ya...the amount of time people on the left spend following Beck, O'Reilly, Palin, and hatin' on Bush, Cheney and Reagan...damn...its comical! Seriosuly...how can Beck lose? He has his own followers, then he has morons on MSNBC and websites DEVOTED to promoting him...and just as many people here on THIS site doing the same. And the truly truly comical part is that they look so STUPID doing it they make Beck look GOOD by comparison...

I sure would like to know where you think Media Matters is spinning this. Did you read the Good Morning American transcript they provided? Better yet, please watch the 2006 GMA segment at the following link:

FLASHBACK: In 2006 joint appearance, Beck*appeared to*call Imam Rauf a "good Muslim" | Media Matters for America

They are using this as evidence that Beck is a hypocrite, liar, or whatever. MM's sole purpose is to silence the right. They need better material. This charge is just pitiful on their part. It makes them look down right silly.

When Diane Sawyer mentioned that Imam Rauf says the radicals are just a "group of people" and "not him," Beck seemed to agree, saying "sure, sure." He added, "I believe it's a small portion of Islam that is acting in these ways."

Beck, for his part, even appeared to gesture to Imam Rauf when he invoked the idea of "good Muslims." (At about 2:45.)

Sorry, thought this got pasted to my last pot

They are using this as evidence that Beck is a hypocrite, liar, or whatever. MM's sole purpose is to silence the right. They need better material. This charge is just pitiful on their part. It makes them look down right silly.
Exactly how does Media Matters silence the right? I think you are being paranoid, there are all sort of websites that report what each side says. If you think Media Matters looks silly, that is indeed your right. Everyone has an opinion.

Exactly how does Media Matters silence the right? I think you are being paranoid, there are all sort of websites that report what each side says. If you think Media Matters looks silly, that is indeed your right. Everyone has an opinion.

When someone like MM's sole purpose is to monitor and report on the right and are funded by funneled money from Center for American Progress from George Soros, what other reason could there be? Now there are watchdog groups including MM that are trying to take away Fox news seat (which they recently got from Helen Thomas). There reasoning is the million dollars donated from news.corp to Rep. Apparently this makes Fox a non news source and just an arm of the republican party.
Where is the outrage of MSNBC,and NBC? Obama and the Dem party recieved millions of dollars from GE in 2008. Then GE recieved Billions in stimulous money. Who's watching them?

They don't "silence" the right, they just attempt to silence them by making up silly **** like this. The idea is to discredit them in the eyes of the main stream press and American people, so the media won't report on what they say and people will stop tuning in. They do this by throwing up as much phony BS as they can, regardless of accuracy, in the hopes that enough of it will stick.

It's worked like a charm for years with the liberal media... Fortunately though, the American people have more sense than the press does, which explains why the press supports Obama's agenda, while the majority of American people do not.

It's the old progressive credo, that "the ends justify the means"... With the "ends" being conservative speech, and the "means" being anything they can do, regardless of accuracy or honesty.... It's just the liberal/progressive way, which I've come to accept.

They don't "silence" the right, they just attempt to silence them by making up silly **** like this. The idea is to discredit them in the eyes of the main stream press and American people, so the media won't report on what they say and people will stop tuning in. They do this by throwing up as much phony BS as they can, regardless of accuracy, in the hopes that enough of it will stick.

It's worked like a charm for years with the liberal media... Fortunately though, the American people have more sense than the press does, which explains why the press supports Obama's agenda, while the majority of American people do not.

It's the old progressive credo, that "the ends justify the means"... With the "ends" being conservative speech, and the "means" being anything they can do, regardless of accuracy or honesty.... It's just the liberal/progressive way, which I've come to accept.
Please show where they are "making up silly ****," I want to see it.

More lies from the terrorcrats glen beck is a trur american hero who fights for truth and liberty and your all jealous of his brilliants.

Please show where they are "making up silly ****," I want to see it.

Think Progress (indistinguishable from MM) put out a video highlighting what it called "Tea Party Racism." That video featured four snippets of people saying purportedly racist things.

The first guy not only had his statement taken out of context, but he was married to a black woman and was there at the rally with his multiracial family.

The second guy was a liberal activist who was part of the "Crash the Tea Party" movement which went to Tea Party events and said racist things in order to stir the pot. He was ejected from the event shortly after arriving.

The third guy's clip wasn't even remotely racist.

The fourth guy's clip was from an immigration rally in 2006. Not sure how that relates to the Tea Party.

» Think Progress Caught Using Liberal-Manufactured Signs From ‘Crash the Tea Party’ as Evidence of Tea Party Racism - Big Government

Two outright lies and two blatant distortions in a 50 second span. Pretty impressive.

Back
Top Bottom