• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Beck responds to "good Muslim" Rauf interview with mockery and lies

First you need to show he was a conservative. He was an agnostic. He hated what happened at Waco. That's what put him over the edge. He liked guns. I think he was anti-government.
Was he a conservative?
It doesn't really matter though. I don't know anyone who would defend him.

im sorry, my mistake. i keep forgetting that conservative doesnt necessarily mean republican. he was a republican, though.
McVeigh's only known political affiliations were his voter registration with the Republican Party of New York when he lived in Buffalo, New York, and a membership in the National Rifle Association while in the military.[79]
Timothy McVeigh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

simmer down dude. yes, i can. all im saying is that if you really want to play that game about the parties in general then you can expect tit for tat. do i think the tea party is racially biased? nope. do i think there are racists/bigots in the tea party? most likely.

Sigh...I was making the SAME POINT you somehow feel the need to make. Im guessing PB got it because he didnt follow up. You aopparently decided that I needed a lesson on my lesson about not associating an entire group with one individual. So now...you tell me...

Why didnt YOU make your little point to the liberal? You know...since its the SAME POINT...

Sigh...I was making the SAME POINT you somehow feel the need to make. Im guessing PB got it because he didnt follow up. You aopparently decided that I needed a lesson on my lesson about not associating an entire group with one individual. So now...you tell me...

Why didnt YOU make your little point to the liberal? You know...since its the SAME POINT...
you are the one that added the adjectives to the gacy name thereby taking it to a new level. that "liberal" simply asked a legitimate question and you decided to become pissy about it.

you are the one that added the adjectives to the gacy name thereby taking it to a new level. that "liberal" simply asked a legitimate question and you decided to become pissy about it.

It is LEGITIMATE to associate the whole Tea Party movement with an alleged racist? Well then...golly...the game is back on... :doh

It is LEGITIMATE to associate the whole Tea Party movement with an alleged racist? Well then...golly...the game is back on... :doh

hang on, lemme go see if that person said the whole tea party is racist. i was just commenting on your equalization of gacy.

hang on, lemme go see if that person said the whole tea party is racist. i was just commenting on your equalization of gacy.

Maybe reading the thread before jumping in would help...

Exactly how does Media Matters silence the right? I think you are being paranoid, there are all sort of websites that report what each side says. If you think Media Matters looks silly, that is indeed your right. Everyone has an opinion.

Please show where they are "making up silly ****," I want to see it.

That's what I thought, you have NOTHING but your bias. How about this, is Media Matters making this up?

Beck falsely claims Imam Rauf's wife said "all Americans hate Muslims" | Media Matters for America

I do remember the guy who wanted to crashed the tea party, I am not sure how Big Government makes the connection to him other that it was convenient for Breitbart to do so. That guy is a teacher from here in Oregon, I'm not sure he ever left the state.

I've seen the full video of the guy they "kicked out" who professed to be a racist. I could be wrong, but it looked to me as it was a poor acting job by the folks at Big Governmet. I wouldn't put it past them to such a think. Shirley Sherrod anyone?

I also find it strange that Big Government doesn't link to the ThinkProgress blog posting.

Why was Mark Williams expelled from the Tea Party?

theres all the posts by him that are relevant. not once does he say the tea partiers are racists. he asked about one person at one rally and you had to go all chuck norris on him.

I know what you mean. I like Beck and all, but he's just another pundit. Some of what he says makes a lot of sense, while other times I think he might be making something out of nothing. I view all political pundits with skepticism, be it Beck, Limbaugh, Hannity or who ever.

Because of the constant lies and deceptions put forth by Media Matters and their children on the internet, I'm left with little choice but to defend him, as well as many other pundits on the right. It's a matter of defending my beliefs by standing up for the truth, and standing against the dishonesty that so many in the progressive movement thrive on.

When people object to his opinions, I rarely say a word... But when they use lies, deceptions, or distort his words (as was done on this thread) to attack the man, my conscience will have none of it.

I was getting bored with Beck for a while and not watching/listening so often. Then I started hearing such outrageous things that I knew couldn't be true I became an avid listener again. So I guess the libs accomplished something. :)
Glenn is a good person who loves this country. I just hate to see him demonized and lied about. I hope his rally is a great success and he raises tons of money for children of fallen soldiers.
Thanks for standing up for the truth. I think that may be one of Beck's lines and what he tries to do. :)

i did. that person never said the whole tea party is racist. maybe you can show me where he said that?

:lamo Cant see...wont see...WORLD of difference. Same result. :lamo

im sorry, my mistake. i keep forgetting that conservative doesnt necessarily mean republican. he was a republican, though.
McVeigh's only known political affiliations were his voter registration with the Republican Party of New York when he lived in Buffalo, New York, and a membership in the National Rifle Association while in the military.[79]
Timothy McVeigh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Thanks, I didn't remember that he was a Rep.
My take is he was nutcase who killed a lot of people. The worlds better off without him.

theres all the posts by him that are relevant. not once does he say the tea partiers are racists. he asked about one person at one rally and you had to go all chuck norris on him.

He pointed out ONE person. Isn't that what you have been complaining about? He acted like that person was proof the tea party is racist.

He pointed out ONE person. Isn't that what you have been complaining about? He acted like that person was proof the tea party is racist.

see, but i read that more as him/her asking why that person was kicked out rather than him/her painting the whole tea party that way.

Sorry to steer things back on topic, but Glenn Beck had a very interesting response to the Media Matters hit piece on his show today. He points out that this was the second story that they did on that video from 2006.

Take a look.

YouTube - response_8-25

Sorry to steer things back on topic, but Glenn Beck had a very interesting response to the Media Matters hit piece on his show today. He points out that this was the second story that they did on that video from 2006.

Take a look.

YouTube - response_8-25

Methinks the lady doth protest too much.

And so do his fans.

At this point, some of them have to see how full of **** the guy is.

Methinks the lady doth protest too much.

And so do his fans.

At this point, some of them have to see how full of **** the guy is.

SOME obsessed person is...THATS for sure... :lamo :lamo :lamo

Take a look.

YouTube - response_8-25

:lol:

Strike Three: Beck again tries to lie his way out of his Imam Rauf flip-flop | Media Matters for America

Everything we wrote was correct, and Beck's initial response (on both his radio and television programs) was to truncate the video in order to disappear the part where he appeared to call Rauf a "good Muslim."
But today, Beck tried a different line of attack. Holding up print-outs from our website, he explained that back in 2006, we had written about the same GMA discussion. Using some hard-to-follow logic, Beck declared that he had caught us in some sort of contradiction:

SOME obsessed person is...THATS for sure... :lamo :lamo :lamo

Who, Grim?

There's hope for him, yet.

Some Beck fan will do something stupid and then Glenn will slowly slip back into the bottle.

You respond to someone exposing a bs story, by going to the people who made up the bs story in the first place... Classic!

It's like talking to someone from another world... lmmfao

You respond to someone exposing a bs story, by going to the people who made up the bs story in the first place... Classic!

I guess they made it up using transcripts and video from Beck's shows.

Face it, you haven't gotten up the courage to even read an MM article, you're too afraid you'll find out what a dishonest turd your boy it.

I guess they made it up using transcripts and video from Beck's shows.

Face it, you haven't gotten up the courage to even read an MM article, you're too afraid you'll find out what a dishonest turd your boy it.

Advice-Dog-lol-u-mad-bro.jpg

LOL This is priceless Thanks for the link!

BECK: Let me show you how you at Media Matters originally reported the very same story from the very same interview in 2006. I wonder if they're the same. ... You see, here's the problem: They're using the same -- this one is now, and they're saying, "See, I endorse him. He's good." This one is using the same video clip and saying, "I hate all Muslims." That's weird. Using the same thing. Highlighting different words.

Who, Grim?

There's hope for him, yet.

Some Beck fan will do something stupid and then Glenn will slowly slip back into the bottle.

Well...actually I was thinking more the type of people that are obsessed with him and car eso little about him that they post daily on him...but sure...go with that...

Like I have said...Olberman vs Beck. Who is the staged actor and who is the unbalanced moron that attacks him like a lunatic every night? Wait...no challenge...I gave too much away...

I do remember the guy who wanted to crashed the tea party, I am not sure how Big Government makes the connection to him other that it was convenient for Breitbart to do so. That guy is a teacher from here in Oregon, I'm not sure he ever left the state.

I don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about. The guy who crashed the Tea Party event was from a liberal group and was highlighted by Think Progress, not Breitbart.

I've seen the full video of the guy they "kicked out" who professed to be a racist. I could be wrong, but it looked to me as it was a poor acting job by the folks at Big Governmet. I wouldn't put it past them to such a think. Shirley Sherrod anyone?

lol

So your theory is that the republicans planted an actor who would pretend to be a liberal pretending to be a conservative, in the hopes that Think Progress would come out with a video calling him racist 6 months later so that the Republicans could turn it around and pin it on liberals?

Yea, seems plausible.

I also find it strange that Big Government doesn't link to the ThinkProgress blog posting.

Are you looking at the same link I am? They post the original Think Progress video right in the middle of the page.

Back
Top Bottom